Star Trek : Resurgence
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Episode 3: Tears of Valhalla

+6
Clarissa Loki
Hatter3127
Kandice Justice
Ziva Creed
Emily Star
Admiralwood
10 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Episode 3: Tears of Valhalla - Page 3 Empty Re: Episode 3: Tears of Valhalla

Post  Ramsey Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:20 pm

| Prazia III
| Unknown Hospital Location

The punch was expected and Thrack tried to turn with it, taking some of the power away from it. He stagger to the side… as much as his shackles would let him, but he didn’t go down.

“A Romulan Whore hits harder than you… and I pay good money for that. Maybe the Romulan whore is your mother. Call me daddy!”

That ilicited another beating and by the time the men were done, they were breathing heavy. Thrack, meanwhile was a pile of hurt and bruised bones on the floor. His left arm hung loosely in it shackle, having been pulled out of socket. He could barely see out of his right eye, having been swollen shut from the beating.

“You still hit like a whore… more of a Ferengi whore now!”

A kick to the face put Thrack’s lights out. Before he passed into oblivion, he laughed at their attempts. They were very good at hurting someone, but really crap at digging out information. Their attempts had been in vain and their beatings had showed it. The thing that the wanted so badly was still tucked safely inside of this Cardassian’s brain.

The location and knowledge of the torture and imprisonment of political dissidents who were against Carpathia. During one of his more lucid moments, Thrack had admired how Carpathia had accomplished everything he had, being that he was “merely a human”. It was very Cardassian-like.

The problem was that Thrack knew that Cardassia Prime had almost perished under such rule and the Earth would too. So Thrack has gathered the information and meant to escape his post…

But he was caught and brought to this undisclosed location. Either he would divulge his knowledge and die… or he would just die.

Distance shouts filled the air and the door burst open. “You want more. Bring on the whores”, screamed Thrack.

That’s when a huge hulking Klingon cuffed him across the face. A Vulcan woman in a dr. coat reach over and pinched a nerve on his neck… and he was out. The Klingon hoisted him over his shoulders.

“Let’s go. The others will have gotten some other people out and those guards aren’t going to stay out.”

Quietly and quickly the trio escaped the confines of the cell and made their escape. Of course, Thrack was completely unaware as they boarded a craft, bound for space port.
Ramsey
Ramsey
Marine Captain
Marine Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Harper Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:21 am

Danno's eyes nearly popped out of his head his sensors were going bazerk it made little to no sense but what he did know he had to tell the Admiral right away. He got out of his chair and ran full sprint up to make it to the bridge. He came out of the turbo lift not to out of breath because of the wait to get there, he started talking not caring if he was interrupting some one.

"Admiral this, this is insane. Theoretically I don't even know if this is possible but do you guys know what this is, wait of coarse you don't, okay to dumb it down so you can understand, oo got it okay so you know how space, time and speed are all related right we see space as a strait line but that's not entirely accurate but for this thinking of it like that will work. So first major problem of warp was that faster you go the slower time would affect us so 1 day in here would be like 100 years to any one else so to fix that we make a bubble of 'real time' and we use warp to take us faster than light speed so we are affect by the same time inside and out well this bubble does the opposite it is slowing down time for them so if 1 year at light speed was 100 years normal now it be 1000 or maybe more but this this is amazing and just wow if we could figure out how this did this it could increase are understanding of the universe we could teach the Vulcans some things,"

<Tag bridge>

LT Danno Luthor
===============================================================================

"......This is......Redemption....."

Vasquez furrowed his brow. He knew of no other ships that had could be this far out of the solar system - and he was sure aliens didn't speak English.

"All stop!" He commanded, his mind still turning over what they had discovered, "I want everyone to give me a status report. Then I wanna know why there seems to be another Earth ship out there!"

James was standing just behind his captain, "Sandro we should play dead look at the size of that ship there is no way that thing is from earth we can not build any thing that size let alone the fact they are coming from the wrong direction to be coming from earth." James was tense problems were forming on the ship and now this. Problems on the ship he could protect his friend from but James had no dout that if that ship wanted to it could rip them apart no sweat and that he couldn't protect Sandro from.

(Vasquez)

James Carter
Harper
Harper
Chief Engineering Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kandice Justice Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:49 am

====Valhalla====

"......This is......Redemption....."

Vasquez furrowed his brow. He knew of no other ships that had could be this far out of the solar system - and he was sure aliens didn't speak English.

"All stop!" He commanded, his mind still turning over what they had discovered, "I want everyone to give me a status report. Then I wanna know why there seems to be another Earth ship out there!"

Doctor Linn sat at her desk, reading through the scriptures, and underlining passages of what she considered vital information to be passed on. Some of this information needed passing on. Well all of it actually, but some of it was more important than other parts, and given the nature of the work, there was only some much that could be indoctrinated into the minds of the faithful.
That was when the alarm went off. A cryotube had shut down.
Then a second.
And 6 more.
The another 17.
total 25.
"Doctor Linn to the bridge." She said in her rich Gaelic accent. "We need power down here. We're loosing the tubes. I estimate total shut down in 20 minutes, and we loose everybody with in the hour. Please, for love of god, help us!"

"Some peaceful flight!" Anthony shouted to himself as he glanced over the monitor readings from the Engineering console. "We're losing power to the life support and environmental controls in the tube storage area. I'm going to re-route power from the deflector batteries to compensate until I can figure out what happened with it."

The power diagram screen came up in front of him. His fingers moved across the keyboard entering various commands for what seemed like an eternity. Finally, the power grid began to show some promising news as the diversion of power was moved from the spacial deflector of the vessel to the life support and environment controls.

"That'll hold for now until I can get the power restored from that main reactor." Owens said as he faced back around toward Vasquez. He reached over and pushed the communication button, opening up to the cryotube storage. "Hey, Doc....we got power back on down there for right now. Keep an eye on it though. If it begins to fluctuate again, let me know immediately. Owens out."

(Linn)

"Now that's taken care of...." Owens chuckled as he moved over toward another console. The ship was at a complete stop - a very bad situation for a colony ship, especially with minimal defense capabilities.

James was standing just behind his captain, "Sandro we should play dead look at the size of that ship there is no way that thing is from earth we can not build any thing that size let alone the fact they are coming from the wrong direction to be coming from earth." James was tense problems were forming on the ship and now this. Problems on the ship he could protect his friend from but James had no dout that if that ship wanted to it could rip them apart no sweat and that he couldn't protect Sandro from.

The small laugh coming from Owens came to an abrupt stop as he glanced over toward the proximity sensors. The readings were beyond any comprehension of their current understanding. The mass alone of the object that had just arrived near them could swallow the Valhalla over ten fold. "Well, too late for the play dead. I'm sure they can probably detect Energy or heat signals coming from here. They'll know we're alive and kicking over here...."

Owens took a few steps back over toward the small communications console. "Want me to try and send a friendly message to it, Captain?"

(Vasquez)
Kandice Justice
Kandice Justice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Admiralwood Fri Dec 06, 2013 12:13 pm

------SS Valhalla-----

Vasquez heard everything that his bridge crew were saying - which wasn't difficult in such a space - and suppressed a shudder. The crap was hitting the fan it seemed, with everything going wrong all at once.

Still, at least the cryo tubes were still working. Last thing he needed was a gang of cranky civilians demanding explanations and consumer-level satisfaction while that massive alien ship loomed over them.

Funny thing is, it had a natural look to it - like if he were going to design a starship, he might draw up a configuration similar to that.

It was obviously more advanced than them, so James' suggestion of playing dead was already out of the window. Anybody with a working sensor grid would see there were warm bodies moving around in this tin can.

With no weapons or shields to speak of, Owens' request to initiate contact was about the best bet they had.

"Do it." Vasquez ordered, "While the rest of us start prayin' that these guys are friendly like."

{Tag Valhalla occupants}
Admiralwood
Admiralwood
Site Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:04 pm

| The 'Hut'
| Marine Country

Still dressed in her gym gear Beth nodded to Ziva before jogging off to the ready room to grab her gear out of her locker. Hopping on one leg she started pulling on her trousers, switching legs she grabbed a t-shirt to pull on over her vest. Knowing that time was short she put her theatre changing skills to full use and in less that a minute she was dressed and stomping her feet into her big stompy boots.

She had an instructor at the Academy who would make them stay late and given the worst tasks to do if they took any longer than five minutes to go from their uniform to a pair of scrubs, clogs, cap and mask. Needless to say after the only time she had taken longer than that and ended up cleaning out patients with severe constipation she always made sure to well and truly beat that time.

Pulling on her tactical vest she grabbed her gun and headed to the 'hut' stopping long enough to grab her med bags, and to tell now conscious Python to get back into bed, before legging it off to their marine shuttle to await news of what was going on and if they were going to be boarding someone.

Offering a big grin to 'Ice Queen' she climbed into the back of the shuttle laying her bags down on the deck in front of her and her gun on her lap. She reached up to poke at her slightly swollen bottom lip and noticed she still had her hands wrapped from her sparring session with the Admiral. Unwrapping her hands she called out to 'Ice Queen' for an update only to be told that they were waiting for orders, as usual. If they weren't taking off right now Beth doubted that they had bumped into a Carpathian ship.

TAG: any

Back to top Go down

Post  Hatter3127 Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:24 pm

"Hey, Doc....we got power back on down there for right now. Keep an eye on it though. If it begins to fluctuate again, let me know immediately. Owens out."

"Thank you Owens. I'll let you explain to the captain why we lost another 9 tubes." Linn looked across the console panel and quickly an idea crossed her "Inform him too that I'm going to have to euthanise another 6 of these tubes too. If I let them recover they're going to have some serious complications. I'll divert their power to other tubes." And quick as a flash, Doctor Linn shut down 6 serviceable cryo tubes of the 'unfaithful', purging the heretics as a good canoness of faith should.
Hatter3127
Hatter3127
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Clarissa Loki Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:41 pm

The Redemption's dampening field didn't keep Clarissa from going @ss over to tea kettle over a biobed in Main Sickbay. She cursed and shook her head, seeing stars in the process. She felt the warm liquid move down her head, she reached up to gingerly touch the liquid; she saw the bright red blood on her finger tips.

"Frack me. This is the last thing I need." She took the hand proffered to her and was sat on the biobed. She laid down as a laser moved over her head to close the wound, she took a deep breath and opened her eyes slowly.

"How are you feeling, Doctor?" Asked the nurse.

"Peachy." She pulled on her tunic. "Finish the training drills and check with Engineering on a finish time for repairs in here."

"You should take a blocker and re-." The well-meaning nurse stated, but was stopped abruptly by the Chief.

"You have your orders, Ensign."

The chastised woman nodded, "Aye, sir."

Clarissa took another breath and looked around. She replaced the fallen instruments and moved into her personal office and tagged the Bridge. The static response made her head tilt to the side, the day was just getting weirder and weirder; which was saying something as weird was Starfleet's motto for regular day life. She repeated her request for information and got the same ridiculous response from Lieutenant Danno Luthor's Engineering report.

That the Redemption had entered a space rift and was messing with time. At least that was the general gist of the jargon and technical mumbo jumbo, she garnered. She was skeptical, the single raised eyebrow and sneer should have been enough, but the exasperated sigh was the topper to the cake.

"=/\=Admiral Wood. Myself and probably the rest of the crew are still trying to discern Luthor's report about what's going on. Kindly shed some clarity, if you wouldn't mind."
Clarissa Loki
Clarissa Loki
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kandice Justice Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:49 pm

---Federation Maximum Security Prison, Austria/Germany Border---

---Cell Block E---

Beyond the occasional shake up of cells on the block, life was beginning to become monotonous for those on Cell Block E. The usual pattern of standing in line 3 times a day for a nutrient paste and the hour of outside time would make many of the prisoners anxious. Things remained quiet, however, on Cell Block E except on two occasions: the few times a fight would break out - or the arrival of new prisoners.

Kandice and Amy found themselves in line for their morning serving as the guards arrived into the area with a new batch for the block. The population of the block had thinned out over the previous several weeks - though no one was ever released from the prison. Many of them found themselves pulled away by the guards at random times, while others had found out the hard way of who not to cross within the block. The new arrivals would have to learn that lesson quickly.

As the line slowly moved forward toward the dispensers for food, Kandice couldn’t help but glance over toward the line of new arrivals in their bright orange jumpsuits. It wasn’t very long ago that she wore her own - but quickly made her way into the normal beige outfits that others had acquired. The orange jumpsuits meant only one thing on the block for everyone else: New targets.

“They all look scared.” Kandice said as she held her tray up close to her chest while continuing to watch as the guards barked orders toward the new arrivals. Amy passively glanced over for a moment before glancing back toward Kandice. “They all do.” She paused for a moment before chuckling slightly. “Even you did.” She slightly nudged her with her tray as the line moved up a few more paces forward.

Kandice raised an eyebrow as she glanced back toward Amy. “Seriously? I looked like that?”

Amy nodded her head lightly. “You sure did.”

Before Kandice could reply, a yell from a nearby guard rang out near them. “Justice! Anderson! Quit yapping and start moving!” Both of them nodded as they proceded forward with the rest of the line. After a few more moments of waiting, the first paste of the day was upon their plates as they made their walk toward the metal tables on the middle of the floor.

“We should help them.” Kandice said as she sat down at the table with her spoon in hand. Amy sat down across from her, with a concerned look upon her face. “What do you mean?” She asked as she planted the spoon into the grayish looking paste.

“Help them with their transition. Someone has to teach them the ropes. You and the Commander had my back. Why can’t we have theirs?” Kandice asked before forcing a bite into her mouth and quickly swallowing.

Amy shook her head slightly. “That’s not how it works, Kandice.” She stated as she glanced back to the group once more. “These people have already been scouted out by all the groups in here. They will be approached more than likely out in the courtyard.”

Kandice shifted her eyes over toward the group as well. Several stood out as possible interests for the known groups in the block, but others - both of them knew would find themselves in a worst situation. “And what about those who are not selected?” She asked.

Amy turned back around, to glance down at her food for a moment before trying to force it down like everyone else. Kandice shifted back around and stared at her. “Amy. You didn’t answer me.”

“I know.” Amy said as she shoved another bite of the paste into her mouth.

“Tell me, Amy…” Kandice sternly said as she continued to stare at her.

Amy sighed slightly as she placed her spoon down. “No.”

“Why?” Kandice asked as she slammed the spoon down onto the table.

Amy sighed slightly as she finished her last several bites of food before gently placing down her utensil. “Because you and I both know what will happen. No one ever gets released from this prison, but yet we get new people. We never see people after they’re pulled away from guards - and you of all people should know what happens when one of these crazy idiots gets an idea in their head….” Amy quickly stopped her sentence as a sudden figure catches her attention from the corner of her eye.

“What is it?” Kandice asked as she watched Amy shift around to glance at the group.

“It can’t be….” Amy said as she stood up to stare as the rest of the new arrivals were brought in.

Shuffling forward, the former doctor kept her head tucked down, eyes on her plain black shoes as she was directed to stand in yet another line, while being given the 'tour' if you could call it that, of her new 'home'. They had already been paraded through endless halls, shoved, kicked and taunted by guards looking for entertainment, yet Riley knew that this part, this part was the one that mattered.

If she survived the mess hall and the courtyard that would follow it, she stood a chance at living another day. All she had to do was blend in, not draw attention to herself and stay out of the guards way.

Only when the guard to her right, yelled at two other prisoners,startled her enough to cause her to mistep and fall out of line briefly. One of the names yelled had brought back a memory, one that had been shoved back deep within her mind, and even though the chance of that name being attached to the person was slim, Riley's head came up for the first time since entering the mess to try and locate who had been yelled at, only to be met with a glare from the guard and pushed forward once more.

“What is she doing here?” Amy said aloud to herself as she stood from the metal table. Her stare continued to focus on the new arrivals as they continued to march toward their new cells.

“Who is it?” Kandice asked as she stood up next to her.

Amy shook her head slightly to herself in disbelief. Of all the people - it was her. From the early days of studying for medical exams at the academy to their field work on various assignments, Amy and Riley had worked together and been by each other’s side throughout the years. Now, the past has come back as she watched Riley being marched away by more yelling guards.

“A colleague of mine….Dr. Riley Winslow.''

Coming to a stop next to an empty cell after being paraded through the mess,  Riley bit the inside of her cheek to keep from vomiting as she surveyed her new 'home'. Her roommate wasn't in, but she could tell the bottom bunk was free and with a shove from the guard, she was inside and trying her hardest to ignore the obvious signs of blood splatter on the floor. Keeping her back to the solid wall, she quickly took in her surroundings and made a new game plan as a safety in case she wound up with the psycho roomie.

Amy turned around and faced toward Kandice as she sighed and proceeded to sit back down at the table. “Curse you, Carpathia…” She muttered as she rested her head into her hands. Kandice reached over and gently patted Amy’s back as she continued to watch as the new prisoners were placed into their new cells.

“I’ll let the Commander know and we’ll…” Kandice began to say, but Amy quickly interrupted as she stood back up while grabbing her tray to dispose of. “Forget it.” Amy said as she began to walk away. “She won’t take my help even if I offered.”

---Courtyard---

The wind that came off from the mountain near them made the particular winter day even more bitter as the prisoners were escorted to the courtyard for their hour of ‘recreational time’. As groups began to split off and head to their respective corners of the courtyard, particular eyes were focused upon the new arrivals, watching their demeanor and movement - to see who was worthy of which group and who was not.

It hadn't been long, just enough time actually, for Riley to get comfortable on the thin lumpy bunk  mattress, when one of the guards came and ordered her out for yard time. Silently she got into yet another line only to break from it once she crossed the threshold to the outside. She had discovered early in what was becoming a life, that prison was a lot like the Academy. There were cliques, a food chain if you will, and how you read those in control of said food chain greatly altered how long you survived.  

Taking the time to study the huddled groups, Riley kept her back to the stone wall and her body loose just in case something were to happen. While this was the worst rat hole she had been in, she had been schooled by previous establishments to know better then to get tunnel vision or get distracted, like she had earlier with the mere mention of someone with Amy's last name.

Amy. Riley had purposely placed her closest friend into the far corner of the vault in her mind, it hurt too much early on after what had happened, to think of her. And yet all it took was one instance to have the memories ripped to the fore front of her mind. Their academy days, first assignments, the couple times they found themselves on the same ship, their friendship was one of Riley's consistent things. Shaking her head Riley pulled out of her thoughts in time to see a group approaching and decided it was time to duck and take a walk, only to find she was getting boxed in. ''Oh this is gonna hurt.'' She thought as she spun on her heel to confront the first group.

Five steps...Ten...Twelve. ''Excuse me,  I'm just going to go over there.'' Riley stated calmly as she made a move to pass by who she guessed as the leader of group one. She felt the hand on her elbow and sighed inwardly as the woman spoke. ''Hold up there, we just want to talk.'' Riley yanked her arm free and put some space between them. ''Not interested, but you have a good day.'' She stated as she shouldered past only to get yanked back.

''I didn't say you could go yet.'' The leader spoke with a sneer as Riley was tossed on her rear at the woman's feet. ''Funny, I don't remember asking your permission.'' Riley shot back at her as she scrambled to her feet, her eyes flashing. ''I said I wasn't interested in whatever it is you're offering,'' she gave a critical look to the group and continued. ''Which I have no clue as to what you'd have that would even pique my curiosity to begin with, so again, good day.'' She saw the fist heading at her from the right and ducked, dropping her shoulder to ram into one of the groupies, wondering silently in hindsight if she would ever learn to shut her mouth when it mattered.

While she certinally didn't go out looking for trouble, she had been in a few scraps since being incarcerated and usually it happened at the beginning of each move,  would wind her up in solitary confinement then that would be the end of it, she would become the wall flower that no one noticed.

Other groups began noticing the commotion across the yard, drawing the attention of some individuals who would never pass up the opportunity to encourage a fight. What seemed as a flock of them gathered finally drew Kandice’s attention. She glanced around quickly looking for Amy and Beast - but no where to be found. Quickly she shuffled through the snow to the gathered group to see a large circle around the new female woman as larger men began to chuckle and cheer on for her impending fight.

Kandice rushed through the crowd as best as she could as she finally made it into the middle of the circle with the new girl. “Ok, gentlemen….” and with a quick glance at a few aliens, Kandice quickly threw in “....and creatures….whatever the heck you are. This girl is no longer of your concern. Got it?”

A quick jab to Kandice’s face was the reply of the gathering group to her imposed question as she stumbled down to the ground. “Ok. Well...Looks like we’ll have to do this the hard way..." as she struggled back up to her feet and wiped away the blood trickle on her lip.

“Back off. They’re protected.” A new voice bellowed over the gathered circle. Several men came into the empty space of the circle and glared toward the mob of prisoners. Slowly, one by one began to disperse until all that were left were Kandice, Riley, and three men.

“You need to come with us.” One of them sternly said as he began to pull on Kandice’s arm, escorting her in a certain direction. “Let go of me.” Kandice grunted out as she tried to resist. “Who are you and who told you to come over and interfere like that…”

“The night is always darkest before the dawn, Miss Justice.” Another man said as he motioned for the first male to let go of her. The words seemed like an echo in her mind as she glanced over toward the gentleman who said them. “That’s when Angels fly the hardest…” She simply responded. She quickly glanced over her shoulder toward the new girl and simply nodded. “It’s fine. They won’t hurt us.” As she turned back to face the other one, she simply responded. “Let’s go.”

Riley looked between the men and the woman, all which had come to her aid, well the woman had physically done so, but the men had...disbanded those intent on rearranging her face. She tried to look at the woman more closely but her left eye was swelling fast and her head was beginning to pound. Falling in step next to her, Riley calmed her breathing as the woman's name registered with her, but instead of asking questions she zipped her lips and followed her back inside as one of the men brought up the rear. She would ask questions later

Joint Post with KJ and Ziva as Dr. Riley Winslow

Last edited by Kandice Justice on Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kandice Justice
Kandice Justice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:49 am

As soon as the ship rocked an alert ran through the marine barracks, cards were chucked down, coffees discarded and music systems abruptly silenced. By the time Tybalt had made it to the door of the armoury that he was in there was already a ready line forming outside it, and NCOs beginning to dress that line.

The well drilled reaction team sounded off for surety then stood at the ready between their shuttles and the purposed transporter room that could deliver them at pace...either onto another vessel or in support of the sec teams on the Reddy itself

Still nobody had the slightest idea what the trouble was.

His own 'top' quickly applied and carbine slung Tybalt took half a moment to check the orders but came up with even less than the intraship had offered, only a sole notation about some form of proximity alarm and a continuing request for the senior bridge officers to attend.

The one thing that they could apparently rule out was that a lengthy deployment might be instantly required.. if for no other reason than there didn't seem to be anywhere on the reads that they could deploy to.

A rogue thought occurred to him that the same weird shift that happened to Wood might have happened to the whole ship, but a squint and a mental check of the things he had read definitely did not include co-ordinates that were in any way familiar to him.

So as far as he could tell they were still in the middle of nowhere, well off the beaten, and not currently under immediate attack...

"No sir" he offered as one of the officers raised an inquisitive eyebrow to see if Tybalt had anymore idea than he as to what they were up to.

"Okay" the captain replied, "play it as a hot drill until we know otherwise" he ordered "Readiness checks and team verification. Stand by for word from the fleeties"

Tybalt nodded and set to doing just that, passing the word to the other senior NCO's to start collecting the details of the Recon company's response to look for any deficiencies or corrections that needed to be addressed.. ready to drop the same as fast as the card games and conversations if this proved to be anything more interesting than some fleety engineer or wannabe rocket-jock ballsing something up

Back to top Go down

Post  Admiralwood Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:51 pm

"Wow," The comment escaped the Admiral's lips as he gazed at the dinosaur of a vessel on his viewscreen. It looked like one of the old colony ships from the early days of Warp travel - only he was sure they were much smaller than this one.

"Scan that vessel." Wood said, still taking in every detail about this discovery.

While he awaited the results, Loki churlishly came over the com-line. His immediate feeling of annoyance was swallowed back, allowing him to reply more professionally, =^="We've passed through some kind of spatial rift - and discovered what appears to be an old colony ship. Get some med kits ready."=^=

{All}
Admiralwood
Admiralwood
Site Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Hatter3127 Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:24 pm

"They're slowly coming to a full stop Admiral. Looks like thrusters and pre warp propulsion. Possibly atomic based." Lt. Hatter reported when Admiral Wood had finished on the com line to sick bay. "Mmmm odd. From the half life decay their engines are putting out, I'd say that their engines at the very least can be no more than 5 years old sir." Jess said, looking at the information on her console regarding the wake, speed, and heading of the vessel they were along side.
Hatter3127
Hatter3127
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Admiralwood Mon Dec 09, 2013 8:48 pm

Wood did a double take, "Hang on," he said, "That's a Conestoga Class colony ship, even the warp engine design is right for it's time. How is it only 5 years old?"

He realised he was thinking out loud, but in this case it was for constructive purposes.

"I hate temporal issues," The Admiral muttered under his breath before returning his voice to normal, "Lets get an away team over there,"

"Miss Hatter will lead a science team to the ship. Miss Star, I'd like you to lead a protection detail for Miss Hatter's group - good chance for that inter-service co-operation we've been trying to encourage."

=^="Medical teams on standby. If this ship is the source of that distress signal, they may need medical assistance."=^=

Wood took a moment to make eye contact with both Star and Hatter. As a bit of a history buff, there was something that sprung to mind that made him feel the need to give them both a warning.

"Be careful over there guys. If that ship really is crewed by people from the 21st century, they don't always play nice - even when they should do."

{tag}
Admiralwood
Admiralwood
Site Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Harper Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:35 am

Danno who was still standing on the bridge smiled, "I told you it is their warp field that is putting them all out of wack. Hatter take me with you I should be able to turn it off as the longer it is on well who knows how much time is passing out side of this field." His eyes glanced over to the terminal he could see the ship was broadcasting a different signal. He pushed the young ensign out of the way and began writing an adapter code so the ship could understand what was going on. "Admiral they are trying to hail us I only have audio for now I will try and get video."

<Tag Bridge/Vasquez>

Well the Admiral and the other ship were talking Danno was still working on getting video and then in the middle of the conversation Video showed up on the view screen, "Got it," He said threw a smile.
Harper
Harper

Back to top Go down

Post  Hatter3127 Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:37 am

"Be careful over there guys. If that ship really is crewed by people from the 21st century, they don't always play nice - even when they should do."

Lt. (jg) Hatter looked at Admiral wood, assessing his seriousness in his voice, and was about to reply with a polite "Yes sir", when Lt. Danno started talking.

"If I'm going over there, I'd prefer to do it the old fashioned way and dock with their ship." Jess turned to the Ensign moving to take her position as she stood up and made her way to the door. "Bring us in very slowly ensign. Treat the maneuver almost as if there is a cross wind blowing between us. Nice and steady, slow as you like." Hatter then turned to Lt.Danno, "I guess you're with me Lt. That is unless you've got anybody more qualified on your staff for this?" And before he could answer Hatter turned toward the turbo lift where an expectant Lt. Cmd Star was already waiting.
=^=Hatter to sick bay, I could do with a member of your team with us on this. I get the feeling, if they suffered the same turbulence as us, they're gonna be in bad way. We'll be at the docking port on deck 8 in 10 minutes.=^=

As the turbo lift doors closed behind Jessica and her two fellow bridge officers, she turned to Lt. Cmd Star and grimaced "Ever get the feeling you're being set up for a fall?"
Hatter3127
Hatter3127
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Dushall Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:50 am

Dushall was moved through a air speeder to the back country of the planet. As he watched thr countryside he quickly realized that almost the entire planet was countryside. Unlike most of the major planets in the Federation the planets off the major paths, like Prazia III, were not as heavily settled or populated. Therefore they didn't under go any terra forming if anything any at all. He suspected that this planet did not go under any. There wasn't any of the usual signs of things that didn't belong. 

"Paradise." He said under his breath. 

"Eh... What was that?" Max said as he turned his head back towards Dushall.

"Nothing... I was just admiring the view." He said as he looked back out. "Was this planet terra formed?"

"Nope, we are au natural!" He laughed as he spoke, "Now dont go telling people about us. We like it just the way it is. Any more people and we will become a vacation hot spot." Turning back to the front he kept talking, "And there is nothing more that I hate then fracking tourist." 

Dushall couldn't help but smile on the inside. He knew what the man meant and why he meant it. Tourist would come to admire the beauty of the planet and unknowingly to them they would, in the process, ruin that very beauty they came to visit. Loki and Callie would love it here, he thought. Not able to get further into his fthoughts then that did Olivia's voice break the silence. "We here."

Looking out the front porthole he saw a mining complex with a large landing pad close by it. On the landing pad was a old freighter ship. It looked almost pre-Earth Starfleet in model but he hoped it ran alot quicker or else he would be a old man before he ever saw the Redemption again. "What is this place?" Dushall asked.

"One of our best kept secrets." He looked at Dushall with a wry smile, "Dont tell anyone but we have our very own Latinum supply. That is how we are able to get you off the planet with no one knowing. The owner of the mine doesn't want anyone to know about the deposits. Apparently they are massive here. Everyone thinks he just mining for gold. What he is actually doing is bringing in shipments of gold unknown to the government just to then turn into Gold Pressed Latinum in under ground facilities. He then uses those same freighters to send it out as refined Gold. Nobody cares to check a freighter of gold." His smile reached from ear to ear as if he was the smartest man in the whole Galaxy. 

"Does the owner know that you are risking his buisness bringing me here?" Dushall asked with a eyebrow lifted. 

"I should hope not." Max answered, "He's my father!"

That came as a shocker to Dushall. In his once over of Max he noted calloused hands, scars in unusual places. He had a presence about him that made Dushall think of a man raised in a back water world farmer. A man hardened by his situation in life. But now that threw a whole new piece into the puzzle he didn't think about. Max now became a big question mark in his mind. 

The air speeder came to a stop next to a warehouse. A worker came out of a door and waved them in. Dushall grabbed his back of gear and made his way over to him. When he entered the warehouse he was in the office section. The door lead to a hallway which they turned left. They walked just a couple yards until they came to a office door. They entered and Max shut the door behind him. His hand instantly reached inside his bag when he came face to face with a Cardassian.

Well my trip has been less that ideal thought Thrack. I must file a complaint with management at the first opportunity. Since he was probably the only Cardassian on the planet, he couldn't just cover his ears and walk through complex. He would definitely be noticed. So a more "odious" method of travel had been used. Thrack had been placed in a body bag and stacked with the other cadavers and then transported to the complex to be shipped out to space.

One time, when Thrack was coming too, he had moved around. A swift blow to his face had put him back under. The next time he had awoke, he was in a small office with no windows. He was wearing a gray jumpsuit that made him look naked, but that was a nice change. He had been naked for most of his stay in the hospital.

The door opened, drawing his attention back to the here and now. Two Human men entered the room, but Thrack didn't know either of them. By their reactions, one was expecting him, because he just shut the door. The other, however, wasn't and immediately jammed his hand into a bag.

Great, and now I die, thought Thrack. But he immediately reacted by closing the distance between the two of them and wrapped his arms around the man with his hand in the bag. He squeezed his arms around the man, trying to pin his arms so that whatever weapon he was going for couldn't be brought up to be aimed at him. Being that close, he was able to whisper in the mans' ear.

"Marine Captain Thrack of Starfleet; 19567Alpha Charlie Delta Niner", he hissed in the man's ear.

Dushal was caught off guard for just a moment as the Cardassian quickly grabbed him in a bear hug. His fingers gripped the handle of the retractable sword in his bag. The handle felt like an extension of himself and as such he knew that he was holding it in a reverse grip with the blade extending forward. When the Cardassian tightened his grip around him he pointed the opening end of the blade towards the mans neck. Then he heard what he said and his eye's opened in shock.

"Captain Eric Dushall, Sierra 4886 Echo Niner." Dushall whispered in reply. 

Thrack instantly let go of the man and stepped back. He knew the name, even though he had never met the man... and he also knew what the man was capable of. "The Redemption?", he ask, eyeing the human man and then looking over to the other people as if to say 'What the hell?

Dushall brushed himself off as soon as the Marine released his grip. "Yes that's right, I am the CO of the Redemption." He looked over at Max and Olivia. "You never told me you helped another officer." 

Olivia looked at Max and then back at Dushall,"Need to know basis."

He just lifted up his hand for them to be quite. They were lucky that they made it through and actually succeeded in rescuing them. It was as if they received all their knowledge on covert operations from terribly written holo-novels. Dushall looked over at Thrack and wondered if he was thinking the same thing. "So where is our transport?" They pointed out the office window in the warehouse storage area.

"You've got to be shitting me", exploded Thrack, not sure if that was the correct human phrase, and never really understanding what someone's excrement had anything to do with disbelief. "I need a tetnus shot just looking at her." The ship was really a marvel of ugly and hazardly. Whatever wasn't covered in rust was sure to be covered with burn marks and scoring.

Max and Olivia frowned, "It was the only thing we could get on a last minute basis. We acquired it from the police impound yard."

"You've got to be kidding me. It's old, rusted, and looks like a firefly." Dushall's jaw almost dropped, "As long as it will get us there. That's all that matters." He looked over to Thrack. "You got your gear ready?"

Thrack nodded. "I arrived naked and now have clothes. I think I'm coming out ahead on this deal. Let's get off the rock."

"You will need to mask your exit. So we will load you up into the aft cargo hold of the ship. The manifest will have you down as scrap and refuse, destined for the sun as trash.When he exits the orbit and starts entering the gravity field of the sun he will open the hatch and disengage the grav plating. The sun will pull you out and your'll be free. No one will pick you up as long as you stay in the grav field until you get to the far side of the sun." Once again Max had a smile on his face from ear to ear.

Thrack eyed Max for a long time. "Well, it matches they way I arrived here today." Turning to Dushall, he pointed. "You be refuse and I'll be scrap."

Dushall rubbed his forehead. "That's great, so long as the hull plating on that ship doesn't give in under the extreme temperature and gravitational fluxes, then we will be perfectly fine." Walking out of the office he entered the storage area where their ancient ship waited them. 

On a quick walk around he noticed that not only was this ship rusted but also that it carried the scars of battle. The paneling was pot marked and dented in several places. The short stubby nacelles looked like they were going to fall off at any moment. He could see the beginnings of hair line fractures all across the hull spider webbing their way across the ship. Shaking his head in dismay he entered the ship through the cargo ramp in the rear. "Whats her name?" He asked as he looked back at Max and Olivia.

"Her original registry was as the 'SS Serenity'. Her new registry has her down as the 'SS Graceful'." Olivia said as she handed him the papers for the ship.

"Graceful." He whispered to himself. It instantly brought up mental images of his beautiful daughter and her mother. It was the perfect name to get him back home to both of them. Hopefully they were still in that nebula. Even if they weren't he knew he still had a way to find them, a way that no one but he knew about.

"Looks more like SS Shitbrick and probably flies about as good as a pile of poo." Thrack wondered if this was some elaborate ruse to get them to kill themselves. "Does she have any weapons and what is the fastest that she can go. I really want to get to my destination before my children have children." Underneath it all, Thrack was eager to get off this world. There was only a little window with which to escape before any and all ships would be grounded and searched. He looked over at Dushall.

Max rubbed his head as he heasitated to answer. "Well she doesn't have any weapons on her at all. She was just a black market transport and as such she has several defensive measures like fake transponder codes, warp signal replicator beacons and a strong sensor jamming capabilities. They say she had improvements to her engines and that she's capable of Warp 9.1 cruising with a max of warp 9.5 for 24 hours. I've never seen a ship so small go so fast." Something beeped in Maxs pocket. He pulled out a small padd about the size of his palm and looked back at the two officers. "Get her ready. You have 20 minutes till take off." With that he ran down the ramp but was stopped by Dushall.

Despite their youth and the sloppy job they did on this bust they proved successful if not lucky. Dushall had to admit that there was some basic form of skill. With that in mimnd he stopped Max and took his padd. Quickly he entered a set of coded coordinates to a star system where he had a friend that could help them. "If you figure this coded message out then you will be ready to recieve it benefits. I have a friend whose location is in that message. You find him and he will train you to be more competent agents. You saved my life and helped me to keep my promise to my family. This is the least I could do for you. Live long and prosper." Dushall felt that the Vulcan phrase was the best that fitted this description. 

He knew that if he saw them or not in the future he hoped that they were succesful and safe. It was one more person he now felt indebted to protect. So now as long as he figured out the code he would learn the skills to protect himself with. He grasped the man by the forearm. A warriors shake that showed mutual respect. He turned and then walked over to Thrack after he closed the cargo ramp.

"Shall we make our diabolically planned escape?"

"No time like the present to risk our lives on the word of two youths who couldn't fix a light let alone tell us that something this old could fly." Dushall smiled, "At least it wont be able to kill us if it cant leave the ground." He walked up the metal stairs to the corridor he felt would take him to the bridge. 

For such a small ship the bridge was larger then he thought, just a little bit larger then the runabout. It's consoles were all buttons and switches. Luckily the people who rescued them took time to figure out what everything was and label them in English. It took just a couple of seconds to familiarize himself with the controls and get a feel for where everything was. Looking out the porthole he heard and saw the impulse drive of the heavy transport start getting into it's final stages if takeoff.

Down below them a smaller vehicle attached to the from of the Graceful and with the aide of a grav lift moved the Graceful over to the rear hatch that they were going to be locked up in for a hour or so. The ride out of the planets atmosphere was jolty and rough. He was glad that they were the only thing in the cargo hold and that they were held securely in place by the ships own grav plating. It they weren't sitting down and strapped in he figured they would be pressed against the rear wall of the bridge from all the g-force that was being exerted on their bodies. Whoever the captain of the ship was needed to install or repair his Inertial Dampeners. They could feel the moment they broke the upper atmosphere as his body began to feel lighter. A brief moment later he felt his weight return as his arms slumped down unexpectedly. 

Thrack looked over at Dushall and shook his head. "Maybe we can have the Mechanics go over her back on the Redemption." He paused. "That is where we are headed, right? I mean, we aren't just going to go to Earth by ourselves are we?"

"I think that she needs more then just a go over on this ship. She'll need a complete over haul!" He felt the ships rear cargo bay open up. The magnetic plating holding them in place now released them and he felt them start sliding back. He activated the power core and felt the ship hum to life. "All systems are a go. Be ready to engage engines on my mark!" The forward section of the cargo bay grew further and further away as the scrapes grew louder. Finally they were out of the ship and falling towards the surface of the sun. "On my mark Thrack!" Dushall yelled over the sound of the proximity and hazard alarms. "Three... Two... One... Now! Engage engines!" 

The second after he gave the command the ship went dark as the power failed."Frack!" Dushall mumbled under his breath. 
Dushall
Dushall
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post  Ziva Creed Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:47 pm

Cpl. Ziva Creed
Marine Country

Pulling her rifle back out of its case, she quickly flipped it about, rechecking everything as she wait to see if her services were needed. Outwardly she appeared calm, but inside she was jumping as the thought of action surged through her veins. She was sitting along the wall with those in the hurry in wait mode as they patiently waited for further orders.

Once her rifle was checked, she doing it into its normal position on her body before leaning her head back againstbtge wall and closing her eyes to grab a fast nap while listening to the conversations and noises surrounding her. Her mind wandered to earlier missions, to home and with a smile she pictured the Warrior and her family within it.

She hasn't spoken with her parental unit in a few months, first she had been on a no contact operation then they had been, and if she got technical, she was pretty sure she was on yet another one once more. She had left a holo vid on the secure channel for them, the basic 'I'm alive, eating, not in the brig nor expecting a child' message, adding the last part since her mother had made a comment the last time about biological clocks or some oddity like it, which Ziva had found hilarious.

Her siblings were much the same, although she had seen Abby before getting transfered, seeing how they were assigned to the same ship, but had chatted with Wee Creed a month ago and Honor Ash around the same time. With the remaining sibs it had been messages but such was the life when your entire family served the federation to some capacity. There were times that she missed being 'home', the rowdiness, the fun in 'taking over' the bridge from their Dad, enough of them to make a bridge crew...Even if her and Wee Creed would fight over who got to fire the torpedo's in a training op.

Feeling her booted feet get a nudge, she opened her scarlet eyes and smiled a toothy grin as Cannon ball flashed her a dimpled smile and raised a picture of that blasted insect with the words 'can I be next?' Written under it, to which Ziva laughed out loud and shook her head at him, falling into easy conversation as they awaited orders.

Tag all

Ziva Creed
Ziva Creed
Recruit

Back to top Go down

Post  Admiralwood Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:24 pm

As soon as the Away team was on its way, Wood turned to the next order of business - one which he wasn't looking forward to.

"Hail the Valhalla." He ordered.

It took the man at Ops a few moments to find a radio frequency that garnered a response, but eventually he reported, "I have them, audio only."

Wood took a deep breath, using the time to find words that would create as little shock and disorientation to this much, much older ships crew as possible.

"This is Admiral Matthew Wood of the Federation Starship Redemption, nice to see a familiar ship."

"Captain Vasquez, Colony Ship Valhalla," Vasquez's uncertainty seemed to thicken his Latin American accent, "Nice ship you got there. When they start building 'em like that, man?"

This was the part Wood wasn't looking forward to, "Since the year 2372 -"

"You s***ing me?"

"You got scanners?" Wood pressed on, "Scan us. You'll find a lot of humans here."

The line went silent for a moment as doubtless Vasquez was getting just such a set of scans done. When he came back on his tone was slightly less cold, "So you from the future?"

"Something like that," Wood replied, "Your ship seems to be in a spot of bother. We're sending over some people to help out, if that's all right with you?"

"Man, most of the people who know crap about these things are ice cubes. I'll take the help."

"Great." Now for the pleasantries, "Would you care to join me for dinner Captain? We've got a lot of things to catch up on."

"All the same to you Admiral, I'd rather do it here on my ship."

Wood quietly let out a sigh. This guy was going to be difficult, "All right. I'll beam over shortly."

"Sureee. Vasquez out."

With that the channel was closed, leaving the Admiral the unenviable task of preparing to catch this man up on over 300 year's worth of - what was to Wood at least - history. For this unfortunate Captain it would be like stepping into an entirely different universe. Everything he'd known - everyone for that matter - was gone, replaced by a glittering utopia that would sound far too good to be true.

It was going to be a long night.

{all}

Admiralwood
Admiralwood
Site Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassius Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:10 am

To say that the ship was in a tense state was to say the least, it seemed. Especially in the halls of the Marine owned section of the ship. Men and women were running to stations after the violent shudder that had rocked through the ship and the alarm klaxons had sounded through the air, moving to where they were supposed to be to in case they were called to action.

Cassius had a small train of pilots rushing behind him as he moved through the halls as well. The enlisted men moved to make room for the officers of the pilot corps as they moved down the halls with a hurried pace. Cassius looked over his shoulder, making a quick check to see if all of Banshee squadron was behind him. Banshee 6 was straggling just a little, but that was due to him jogging on one foot as he put his last boot on while hoping down the hall. Cassius smiled and shook his head slowly as he looked forward once again, taking a second to let a few of the ground pounders past as they carried a large crate down one of the intersections.

Cassius had to admit that he was still getting used to the passageways of the massive Sovereign class ship. The Akira he had been on before was much smaller and it had always seemed like all roads lead to the hanger. One could not swing ones dead cat without hitting a sign indicating the route to get to the fighter flight deck. This Sovereign class was a little more obscure in it's hallway routing. But he was getting used to the route from all of the pilot's usual collection points to where they needed to go. This was no different. Cassius lead his men through the mess of people with an air of certainty that he didn't necessarily feel. But they'd get to the hanger, one way or another. If they got lost, it was just an extended run to get their blood moving before they got off the deck.  

But after a short while, the pilots filed out of the entry onto the flight deck of Shuttle Bay One, making their way though the organized chaos of the deck as the flight mechanics worked to prep the fighters in case they were needed. Warp cores were already being fired up and primary systems prepped for ignition  as techs worked to remove landing clamps and load ordinance onto the hard points of the fighter's wings. It was a glorious cacophony of sounds and vibrations as machinery worked to prep the fighters for launch.

Cassius moved over to his fighter, Banshee Lead, with the proud icon "zero one" stenciled across the tips of the wings. Cassius smiled as he noticed that the torpedoes were already loaded onto their points and the ship was already cleared for flight. He started into his pre-flight check list to ensure that all preparation tasks had been completed. He smiled and patted his lead mechanic on the back, nodding slightly in thanks for the hard work to get the fighter prepped so quickly.

He moved over to the fighter and started up the ladder to the cockpit, slipping into the pilot's seats and starting up through the ignition sequence. He tapped the button for his comm system," Banshee Lead to Tower One, notify On High that Banshee squadron will be ready to deploy upon command." The voice of the Tower One came back over a second later," Roger that, Banshee Lead, will relay." Cassius continued to button himself into the flight seat, reading himself for the impending action. Everything was muscle memory at this point, every flip of a switch, every dial of a knob. Every motion he did had been hundreds of times before and was like second nature to him, his eyes scanned the readouts to check to make sure that no errors came back from the systems as the diagnostics systems ran their course.

On the bridge, a notification came over the Admiral's Comm Badge," Admiral Wood this is Shuttle Bay One. Banshee Squadron has reported in a ready status for deployment on your order."

{Wood}
Cassius
Cassius
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Star Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:29 am

"Ever get the feeling you're being set up for a fall?"

Emily looked at Hatter quietly for a moment, “In a few moments time I need to let the marines know that their presence is requested on our away mission.” She paused, “And then I need to inform my security officers that we’ve got the marines as company. Which means we’re going into a potentially dangerous situation while relying on the protection of two groups that nearly took down our own ship.”

There was a small sense of irony in her tone but not much, “Does that answer your question much?”

Emily took the PADD in her hands and fired off a message to the Marines. If they wanted to come they were welcome to meet them in the transporter bay. In the meantime she had Security to organize.

“I’ll see you in the transporter room in ten.” Emily said with a nod of her head as the doors opened.

OOC: Sorry it's short. I just couldn't get flowing on it.
Emily Star
Emily Star
Chief Operations Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:29 am

| Marine Country

“Everybody out, we're being stood down” came the call from up the front of the dropship.

Hearing the call along with the engines shutting down Beth stuck her head through into the cockpit “any word on what's going on?” she asked the dark haired 'Ice Queen'. It wasn't the first time they got all dressed up with now where to go but the ship had definitely jolted,and knocked people off their feet for some reason.

“Something about a ship caught in a temporal thing, just thinking about it makes my head hurt” Ice Queen replied “we've been stood down but y'all are still on alert in case you are needed over on that other ship”.

Intrigued by what was going on Beth followed the others back to their rec room where various groups of marines had been stood down from their battle station positions but were still on alert should they be needed.

Listening in to the briefing she learned that they had encountered some sort of temporal anomaly that also had caught an old colony ship. The status of the other ship was still being determined but the Admiral had made contact with the Captain of the other ship. So from the sounds of things they were just going to have to wait for further word on what was going on and what help the other ship needed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Clarissa Loki Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:19 pm

=^="We've passed through some kind of spatial rift - and discovered what appears to be an old colony ship. Get some med kits ready."=^=

"Aye sir." Clarissa half smiled and shook her head. This was exactly what she did not want. She barely had a decent Main Sickbay back in order, granted that was care of the Engineering team that had scavenged other minor medical and Science labs to get them back to proper standards.

Pushing herself off the bio bed and over to a med supply unit, she swallowed a pain blocker and took a moment. After a deep breath, Clarissa started barking out orders for med kits, extra staff to be pulled in and started authorizing away teams based on what the Admiral needed. But how could someone really prepare for encountering an old colony ship.

Seriously?

After the orders had been spewed and the nurses doing what they needed to do, Clarissa took a moment to gulp down her perpetually cold coffee and the last of her now semi stale sandwich from much earlier in the day. She had no idea when the next time she'd have a chance to eat a meal. No sooner had she dumped her plate and cup into the replicator and she'd been handed a status report the Admiral's voice was coming over her comm badge again.

=^="Medical teams on standby. If this ship is the source of that distress signal, they may need medical assistance."=^=

Clarissa entered her personal code into the security locker that sat unannounced in her main office. She pushed away her lab coat to place a phaser and the knife Dushall insisted she carry. The nurse raised her eyebrow at the weapons but didn't say a word about it. Instead, "We're ready when you are, Chief."

"Admiral Wood, medical teams are ready and waiting on your word." Clarissa said, closing the locker and moving to the main area of Sickbay where teams had already been divided and last minute kits were being checked.

=^=Hatter to Sickbay, I could do with a member of your team with us on this. I get the feeling, if they suffered the same turbulence as us, they're gonna be in bad way. We'll be at the docking port on deck 8 in 10 minutes.=^=

"I'll be there with an away team. Loki out." Clarissa listened to the last case snap shut and the mouths follow suit. She nodded in appreciation. They may not be Security trained, but they knew what she wanted. And right now, she wanted all of their attention and as she relayed the scant amount of information about what they were possibly going to entail, she got confused looks in return but the mouths remained shut. No-one knew for certain what to expect.

This was Starfleet. Nothing was normal, and in that case... it was indeed normal.

"Primary team, you're with me. Secondary, you'll stay here to man Main Sickbay in case the colony ship goes rogue or something else to that effect. Treat and release, follow up at a later date. Get our people back to their stations as quickly as possible." She looked at the tertiary crew and ordered them to the secondary Sickbay. "Everyone else, be on high alert. All research is sidelined until further notice. Any questions?" She didn't see or hear of one, so she and the primary crew left with the tertiary crew to the turbolifts and as they descended and the other crew left on their deck she was left with 4 of her own.

"Phasers to stun. You know what you're doing. Be cautious and alert. We have no idea what the other ship's personnel is like. This could be a ruse, this could be a walk in the park. But this will not be your last day, are we clear?"

"Aye sir." They responded as they disembarked from the Turbolift on Deck 8. She looked at Lieutenant Hatter.

"Glad you made it back to the ship in one piece. Not many survive a space slug belly and live to tell about it." Doctor Loki smiled. "I have a team of 4 plus myself. They're nervous but ready. Do we have intel on the colony ship? Anything I need to be aware of?" She asked to both Hatter and Star, as Star came in behind them. "I hate going in blind."

<Tag Hatter>

<Tag Star>
Clarissa Loki
Clarissa Loki
Executive Officer
Executive Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Harper Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:32 am

Danno was in the turbo lift with Hatter and Star he was listing to the chief of security speak as she spoke her idea he just became more and more angry when she was done talking he snapped, "Brilliant Hi we don't know you we said we are here to help oh this company of marines with tech so advanced that you have no idea what it does yea they arnt going to hurt you. Nothing says we come in piece like an armed escort. But oh wait your Vulcan and you guys never have bad ideas. You see I need to get over their and try and turn off what ever is stabilizing this time space bubble we are in as currently I can not guess how much faster time out side of us is going, Armed gaurds will makes them ask more questions and possible make my job harder unless you just want to overthrow them and then leave."

<Star, Hatter>

LT Danno Luthor
===============================================================================

James turned to face his Captain, "Sir I will have security on standby in the wings I will make sure they know to stay out of site unless we call them in, What are we going to do." James was nervous even if they tried to fight back an invasion was there any thing they could really do to stop them. He knew his friend would not give up his ship with out a fight, but maybe on the bright side we could give them some of the annoying people on the ship they didn't want to deal with any more.

<Vasquez>

James Carter
Harper
Harper

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:05 am

| TurboLift
| USS REDDY

"or alternatively sir" Tybalt declared, stepping into the confined space, having just caught the end of Danno's suggestion but guessed reasonably accurately the rest, "the desperate and unknown people will see that our away team are sufficiently guarded and not try anything stupid like attempt to take hostages to gain more from us than we wish to give?"

As the lift started up again the blue skinned and scarred marine nodded a confirmation and acknowledgement to Starr, silently thanking her for the message inviting his team to join hers. His officers had responded by standing the lion's share of the bootnecks down, organising a smaller reaction team and sending him to confirm their participation in person.

Participation that was now apparently being questioned by one of the other fleety officers.

As perhaps they should have expected, if for no other reason than the core of the argument was the same as it had always been; that fundamental difference in ethos that stood between the peaceful, open handed explorers of the Fleet and the guarded, 'big stick' of the Corps.

By ethos and necessity the it seemed the Fleet deliberately mostly tried to see the best of new contacts, where their counterparts in the Corps were bound to do the exact opposite. The difference being a cause of more than a few blazing rows in countless planning meetings across an often fraught shared history.

Master Sergeant Tybalt th'Idran, of course, coming down entirely on a predictable side of the divide and perhaps a little too often willing to fight that corner.

Ultimately however that was why there were Admirals and senior officers.

Back to top Go down

Post  Admiralwood Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:41 pm

=====SS Valhalla=====

Captain Vasquez only half listened to his friend talking about Security. Truth was, they only had a half dozen guys carrying 9mm pistols. Though it was also true they had Military-grade hardware in lockup, they couldn't get access to it unless Vasquez authorised an emergency release. Downside of going private - the company that made the ship wasn't too quick to let a bunch of leathernecks shoot holes through their multi-million dollar investment.

In short - if those people on that huge ship wanted to 'invade', there wasn't much they could do to stop it.

"You are gonna look into those cryo-tube failures and stop worryin' yourself over our visitors," Vasquez told Carter, "Before you give yourself a hernia."

Meanwhile, Vasquez told himself, he had a dinner to arrange.

{Carter}
Admiralwood
Admiralwood
Site Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Star Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:43 am

"Oh wait you're Vulcan and you guys never have bad ideas. wrote:

Vulcan...

"You....."Emily was grateful for Tybalt's input and his reassuring nod as he'd entered the lift however she turned to Danno and spoke slowly and through clenched teeth, "You....have ten seconds from the time this turbolift door opens to get the hell away from me or you'll see how capable I am of having bad ideas. This is not MY idea - we are following orders."

Emily took a slow deep breath, "You'll be lucky if you're allowed to come along with us when I am done with you."

<any in lift>
Emily Star
Emily Star
Chief Operations Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next