Episode 2: Burn Notice

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Episode 2: Burn Notice

Post  Guest on Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:46 pm

| Admiral's/ captain's yacht
| Space

From the very first moment Dushall sat his behind into the big chair in the middle of the bridge it soon became clear that the yacht they had borrowed for the op was not only fresh from the yard, it had also been the beneficiary of a few 'little tweaks', possibly courtesy of the Admiral whose flagship it was habitually berthed on. Much like the eclectic crew it seemed that the vehicle had been put together with some very specific extra utility in mind.

So for example, on confirmation that the operation was not diplomatic, more than one of the fancy pictures on the walls of the small bridge shifted to reveal extra panels and an extra little control appeared on the pilot's console allowing him to shed some of the power hungry inertial dampening for extra thrust... should they need it.

Even in the mess it was felt as a much terser version of the ship's computerised voice chimed in to demand that all movables be secured 'for thrust'. Many of the people crammed into the room (playing cards, drinking coffee) were still looking askance when they found out why.

The detaching from the Reddy had been quiet, smooth, barely a whisper as the mag locks disengaged, but the winding up of the warp engines was anything but, their pleasant thrum building to first a deep barrel-chest rumble then shifting tone and frequency to become a veritable defiant roar. every time the people with the pleasure to be closest to it thought that the sound must surely have peaked it found a new way to tell them it didn't...

Then, differential drift having taken them far enough away, the yacht leapt to warp, pounced from an almost standing start to speeds to rival some of the top line destroyer warships rolling off the yard-lines.

In moments the vast nebula they were hiding in was being thrown behind, the patrolling vessels outside barely given a flicker of a chance to spot anything before the fugitive was through their still inactive net..

A couple of aimed doglegs later, thrown in to blur their backtrail, and the yacht was 'cruising' at near her maximum warp for an area that had once upon a time been one of the most hotly contested areas of space... and that even now, despite being surrounded by friendly nations, remained largely and deliberately wild.

And somewhere in there a friend of the admiral had already gone missing.

OOC

Apologies if I have overstepped the mark, but I think we waited long enough?

Back to top Go down

Post  Hatter3127 on Tue Jul 23, 2013 4:45 pm

"Can you help me?”

=^=Computer, halt.=^= As the turbo lift stopped, Jessica turned to face Lt. Danno, and stared at him directly in the eye. "Listen, Lt, let me make this 100% crystal clear. That lady in the chair is not a Captain, nor is she about to become one. As for breaking the rules here... We're on a ship that's gone renagade, and starting a private little war, or revolution, or rebelion, or whatever. I actually couldn't give a damn about the loyaties to this ship and it's crew. I was only ment to drop off some marines here, then go back home, and spend 2 weeks at disney planet with my daughter. All I wanna do is fix this ship and get outta here. Are we clear?" Lt. Hatter didn't wait for any answer before the Lt. could responce she returned to her orignal possition and announced =Computer, resume=^=

"Besides which I'm the finest damn shuttle pilot in the fleet, so I'll fly the shuttle my self. Unless you have any objections."

Executive Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Clarissa Loki on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:19 am

Clarissa sat staring out at the view finder. She’d gotten an update on the search party, but not one from the Captain’s yacht. She wasn’t pleased with either situation. They’d lost contact a while ago with the yacht, which was expected... but still it unnerved her. She had seen Dushall off on many of his “trips” that came back with him sullen and quiet for days, she’d stopped asking who he’d killed this time and just accepted the fact that she simply didn’t want to know and it was better for all of them in the long run.

Standing, she stretched her back. She’d asked Lieutenant Luthor for an update and eyed the replacement Ensign who sat at Lt (jg) Hatter’s conn; she wasn’t back and an hadn’t received an update. She smelled something fishy...

Having exited onto the bridge, Emily noticed the CMO standing stiff, “Is everything alright?” She asked redundantly, given she knew that something was off.

Clarissa eyed the conn console one more time, "Something is off."

“Off?” Emily raised her brow, “Is there a way to be a little more specific?”

"I've yet to get a report from Lieutenants Luthor and Hatter. They were supposed to check in with me on their unmanned pod to get a biomedical sample of one of the minor sized slugs." She walked towards her husbands office. "I'm not thrilled with Lieutenant Hatter's disposition as of late. Nor Luthor's."

“I could send a security detail to check on them if you wish,” Emily said, “They’re a little ramped up with the marines on board and could use a distraction.”

Clarissa nodded her ascension, but stopped in her step as a beeping sound came from Helm.

“Uhm... m’am?” A nervous twitter came forth.

She wanted to slap her head, instead she turned around and walked back to the Helm console. “What is it, Ensign?”

“Were you aware of a shuttle scheduled to leave? We have an unmanned pod you authorized. But this is manned.”

Clarissa simply shook her head. “Check your sensors again. I’m almost certain the Lieutenants aren’t 100% brain dead.”

“Can you contact the manned vessel?” Emily asked.

“Aye m’ams.” Responded the Ensign. After a moment, “They’re not responding.”

“Who’s onboard? It’d better be both of them.”

“I’m reading only Lieutenant Hatter flying the shuttle.”

Clarissa looked at Star. “How long do you think you can hold those two soon-to-be-court-marshaled-morons in the Brig before you send at least one of them out of an airlock on purpose?”

“That depends on if they’re talking or silent,” She said with a small grin.

“I’d tractor beam Hatter’s butt back here, but the energy signature it gives off could attract more of the slugs to feed off of us. What the frack is she doing in there anyways? I told them specifically unmanned and to emit a stream of plasma that matches our own until it’s safely away from the Redemption and then to slowly alter the state of the stream to see how those slugs react! Not freaking attract what looks to be a swarm of them all at once. Fracking idiots...” She half restrained from hitting herself in the head with her palm, “All they needed to do was to find out if it’s simply that the slugs are attracted solely to our type of plasma or not and go from there.”

“Sir. The shuttle has gone into evasive maneuvers. There is a bigger biological entity entering the area of the smaller ones.” Stated the Ensign at Helm.

Clarissa looked over at Emily with a grim look. “Prognosis, Chief?”

“I couldn’t say from here, can we bring them aboard safely?” Was all she could ask.

“Helm. Lock onto Lieutenant Hatter and get her out of the-” Clarissa watched in horror as a massive slug slid through the maze of smaller slugs who had seemly turned a shade of blue in the larger slug’s path and moved away. In another moment, the shuttle was gone.

“We can’t get a lock on her. She’s... the shuttle... it's... they’re...”

“Ingested.” Replied Clarissa ghastly, she gripped the top of the Helm's chair.

“It’s like a twisted version of Moby d*ck.” Simply replied the Lieutenant stationed at the Science Helm.

Clarissa turned to look at them for a moment and lowered her eyes. “Get.Her.Out.Of.There. NOW!” Clarissa righted herself back to the front of bridge to scan the viewfinder. “Keep a tab on that particular slug, so help me if you lose them.” She let the threat hang there. She would be damned to let the CO and XO find out she’d let Hatter be eaten by a whale of a slug on her watch.

“Are our weapons ineffective?” Emily asked with a raised brow.

“We can’t risk the energy signatures increasing them into an animalistic frenzy, with us caught in their plasmatic wake, the summation of their movements could tear us apart bolt by bolt.” Clarissa responded. “Although I do have to admit, the colour changing of the smaller slugs in the wake of the larger one’s is an interesting thing to note. That’s new. That’s something we need to look into further. Correction, something I need to look into further. Chief, toss Lieutenant Luthor into the Brig until further notice.”

“Alright,” Emily said with a nod, “Although, if the slug has ingested the ship, why don’t we see if we can configure our phasers to act like a subdermal scalpel. Cut it out.”

Clarissa’s scientific side fought with the command side. There was a reason she was the CMO, not the CO. She cursed Dushall for leaving them in this lurch. Although it was one scenario she knew no-one else had anticipated; tweedle dee and tweedle dum. “I’ll take your advice under advisement, but I want to exhaust all other options at this point before they become mute. And if we use the phasers in the Nebula, they could attract the search party that’s closer to us than you may be aware.” Clarissa nodded. “Now, please deal with Lieutenant Luthor.”

Emily nodded, “Yes Ma’am.” She saluted and left the bridge.

A gut wrenching, indigestion-giving Joint Post by
Acting Captain Clarissa Loki & Chief of Security Emily Star

Clarissa Loki
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Admiralwood on Fri Jul 26, 2013 12:58 pm

Junior Officer's Quarters, USS Redemption

Ensign Carrie-Anne Hunter grumbled as she rolled out of bed, unwilling to start the day. Her entire body was sore - the aftermath of one spirited game of Parisees Squares the night before. She conveniently forgot that she was due to start her shift the next day at 0600, which allowed her to stay in the game long enough to participate in her team's close victory - at the cost of going to bed three hours later than she should have.

Now she was paying the price.

"Coffee, black." She ordered from the replicator on her march to the bathroom, not even bothering to stop for the steaming beverage that seemed to appear out of nowhere in the glowing hole built into the bulkhead by the door.

Hunter splashed cold water over her face, soaking her bedclothes in the process. Damn early mornings.

It took her twenty minutes to get dressed, wincing every time a sore muscle had to be used. She drank her coffee fast and with a deep breath, turned her frown upside down and stepped out of her quarters.

Her attempt at a bright and cheery attitude lasted about as long as it took for her to start passing through Marine Country. She could hear grunts rowdily jeering and talking to one another - acting like they were still stuck in World War III or something. In itself there was nothing unusual there - she'd seen enough Marines in the past to know why they had a reputation among the snobbier Starfleet regulars for being knuckle-draggers.

But there was something about these ones in particular. She couldn't quite put her finger on it yet - but they were different, that much was for sure.

The Marine Corps seemed to, for the most part, be on Carpathia's side in the growing division of the Federation. These Jarheads had boarded at the last moment, suddenly assigned by a higher-up known to be a Carpathia supporter. Why?

Well, aside from the obvious, that was what she was trying to find out. Short of using her father and his connections, which she was loathe to do, she had limited options on achieving that.

So caught up in trying to find a way to get the information she desired, Carrie-Anne didn't notice the Marine Corporal until she walked right into the back of him.

"Hey!" The Corporal turned and growled irascibly, "Watch where yer goin'!"

There was something about this ugly fellow that made her temper snap. Straightening her posture she closed the already small gap between them, getting right into his personal space, "It's rude to stand in the middle of a walkway."

"HA!" The Corporal seemed not to care about the rank pip on Hunter's collar, "Maybe you didn't read the sign on the way in Sir but you're in Marine Country. With little due respect sir you can take your snot-nosed manners and shove 'em up your heiney."

Hunter smirked, "Do you always talk to officers like this Corporal?"

"Just silver-spoon spacers, sir."

"Rather that than be a Orang-Utan with a gun," She pushed her face into the Corporals, "Grunt."

"Yeah? Could still take your soft @ss."

"Could you now? How much you wanna bet on that?"

Before the Corporal could respond, a sharp voice barked from an open doorway - presumably a Sergeant - which sent the Corporal scurrying reluctantly away. Despite the attitude, she detected something else there - a real hostility that was being poorly disguised.

Maybe she was just being paranoid and the Corporal really hated spacers in general, but then again, there could be something else at work here. Something Carpathia wanted these guys here for.

Which was why, as soon as she was clear of Marine Country, Carrie-Anne Hunter tapped her com-badge.

=^="Ensign Hunter to Commander Star, can we talk?"=^=

{Star}

Ensign Carrie-Anne Hunter
Security Officer (NPC) USS Redemption-A

USS Redemption NCC 69771
Admiralwood
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post  Hatter3127 on Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:15 pm

Danno let out a loud laugh,“No mam its not. Meet me in the shuttle bay if you can find what we need.”

"I'll see you there Lt. Just... Keep your head down. If her upstairs catches a sniff of this it's a no go." And Jessica left the turbolift, walking down the deck of what had become "marine country".

Danno watched Hatter step off the turbo lift with a small smile, all he could think was ‘Damn lucky her if I get kicked off I get locked up again.’

Danno walked off into shuttle bay 1 before he went to work on the shuttle he walked over to a wall console entered in a few commands to bypass the main access screen before finding the internal sensor and forcing them into a full diagnostics. That way anyone who would try and locate them and find out what was going on would have to wait 3 hours before the sensors would work again. Danno gave a small smile as he walked over to the shuttle and started to make the changes needed. He had to add an external port that they could attach and arm to to grab the slug as well as add a shield that could seal the cockpit off from the back end of the shuttle. He had at least 2 hours of work ahead of him

Mean while in Marine Country.

"Oh for the love of... " So far Lt. Hatter had been able to make her way down through the deck without any of the stationed crew that walked past her so much as batting an eye.
The perks of being a senior officer She mused to herself. The "operation" was going without so much as a hitch, the door to the armory was proving a little more difficult. The encryption code was a little more... troubling. And there was only one thing for it.
=^=Computer, lock override, security Code 719DeltaOmega12, Lt. Jessica Hatter on behalf of Admiral Thomas Hatter=^= Jessica Hated doing it, but every so often her fathers old access codes came in useful. Besides it wasn't like she did it everyday.
Hatter heard the door locks open. She glanced up and down the corridor making sure she wouldn't been seen. She entered the armour and took in a breath. The room was much larger than she had first imagined.

Jessica hadn't liked what she'd had to do, but at least Lt. Danno might stay out of some level of trouble if they found him flat out on the deck with a black eye. As the shuttle bay doors open she took the small bottle out of her left hand pocket, placed 2 of the pills in her mouth, and dry swallowed them.
It had taken longer for her to find the item she required, but once she found the case, she easily opened it. The Marine Corps hadn't thought to change the lock codes on any of the lock boxes she had delivered with the contingent on her shuttle. Then it was a simple site to site transport using the shuttles transporter.
It must have been 30 seconds after the shuttle left the ship before the comline beeped. "Frick."Jess said to her self before silencing the com line. "I'm sorry Doc, but I'm bit busy right now. Please leave a message after the beep."
Lt. Hatter altered the signature of the plasma she was venting to a strong version of that she had used on Redemption, and noted on her after sensor screen a swam following her "Come on... What are they doin?" She exclaimed as a larger signature started to make it's way through the swarm. At first she had mistaken it for redemption, untill she realised it was giving off a similar signature to the "slugs". That was when Hatter noted that Redemption had not moved from her current location.
The creature, virtually the same size as Redemption was headed straight for her. Lt. Hatter attempted evasive maneuvers, but it was already too late, it was just too damn fast.
"Holy cra..." Jess exclaimed, as her shuttle was swallowed by the giant creature.

A stomach churning Joint Post by:
Chief Helm Officer Lt. Jessica Hatter & Lt. Danno

Executive Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsey on Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:17 pm

== Captain's Yacht ==

Kaine started to find the small little ship a bit too... confining. He wasn't claustrophobic or anything, but with the long trip they had, it wasn't long before he knew every inch of the ship and where everyone was stationed.

And that was the other problem. He was a man caught between two worlds... Fleet Officer and marine. Yes, the marines would obey his command, but there was always a slight hesitation while their eyes would go to Tybalt for confirmation. Kaine didn't blame them... what were they to think with him in what was effectively treason that he had committed with the taking of the Redemption.

Even now, Kaine was planning.

Planning on where to go after all of this was over. The only plausible thing would be for Carpathia to go down. Anything less, and they were all dead. Sure, he could active a number of hidden identities that he had, but they would never truly be safe until this was over.

And that meant finding Wood, which meant finding Duchene... which meant this whole thing could be bloody.

Pulling up the map, he saw that they were more than halfway to the area that Duchene's ship was last reported.

Then they would have to find her.

Damn, this really sucks, he thought, getting up. Time to get in a workout. Heading down to where the marines were, he figured on challenging one of them to hand to hand drills... or bokken fighting. Either one would be okay with him.

Maybe one of them would knock some sense into him.
Ramsey
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post  Hatter3127 on Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:05 am

=^=Shuttle Hawkins Log, Ensign Hatter recording.
Well it looks like I’ve been swallowed by some kind of space parasite. The creatures live in this nebula, and seem to feast of plasma feeds of starships. So far we’ve not encountered any other vessels in the area, but sensor range is quite limited. I’m sure further investigation of the area would give us some hulks to investigate.
As for me... Well I don’t suppose there will be enough time for that right now. My original intent had been to fly the shuttle out to 1700 km from Redemption drawing the slugs away, then detonating the device the marines brought aboard the ship.
It was my hope that the depleted dilithium with in the device would react with the nebula and the shuttle to create a large enough field in which to feed the slugs, and draw them away from Redemption. I estimate that with the 20 megaton yield of the weapon and the other factors, the dispersion field would enough to feed the slugs we had previously seen for approximately 38 hours.
However now that I have been.... Consumed by the largest seen of the creatures, it is my intent to detonate the device with in the creature. A scan of the creature suggests that its body is permeated with plasma absorbed from Redemption, and will create an even larger field up on... Detonation.
The shuttles transporters seem decided at this time to take a day off so looks like I am stuck here for now. I never intended to be a martyr, but looks like I have no option really.
On a personal note, should this record make it out of here in one piece, I’d like to absolve Lt. Danno of an complicity with this. I am the senior officer, and as such I take full responsibility for the actions taken today.
Also I’d like a message passed on to my daughter. Tell her... Just tell her I’m sorry, and that I love her.
End Log

Jessica rubbed the bridge of her nose with her left hand, with her eyes closed. ”Next time Jess just take early vacation.” And she stood from her console opened the case containing the weapon. ”Just drop some marines off they said. It’ll be a milk run, they said.” Hatter muttered into the device as she set it up to arm. ”Do it and I’ll approve 5 extra days vacation. Some vacation this turned out to be!” the Lt shouted the last bit.
Weapon Armed. 10 minute countdown started. Announced the voice from the device.
”10 Minutes. You’ve gotta be kidding me right! Is there no way to, ya know, make it quicker?
Count down extended to 25 minutes.
”Me and my big mouth right? Okay computer pack up the shuttles log and records, and launch them, see if they can’t make it outta here and be of some use...”

Executive Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Admiralwood on Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:42 am

=====McKinley Station, Earth orbit======

From hero to hobo. If Admiral Wood could sum up the last 48 hours in a single sentence, that was pretty much the best way he could do it. With nowhere to set up shop for fear of using authorisation codes or revealing his identity to anyone in any possible way those super-crazies could track him down with, Wood was force to literally float around the station doing his utmost to remain anonymous.

Not easy when your face was once all over the Federation News Network.

He'd been forced to remain in the deepest, quietest areas of the immense structure that was McKinley Station - a place he'd never truly gained an appreciation for until now.

Being invisible was working well, until he caught the eye of an old, scarred man. There was something about his deep green eyes that sent a chill down the Admiral's spine, almost like he recognised the hunched figure.

"I know you," The man's gravelly voice was enhanced by an upsurge of fear in Wood to a loud bellow.

The Admiral shook his head curtly and tried to walk on. He was stopped by a wrinkled hand against his chest which held him with chilling force.

"I know you," The old man repeated more forcefully, "I know you very well indeed."

Wood tried to shrug him off, "You're mistaken."

The Old Man fixed him with a powerful glare, "I do know you, Shivana."

A thick hard lump formed in the Admiral's throat. He had not been called that for a long time - not since the war's end, "What did you -?"

"It's time for you to go now." The Old man interrupted him, "I will see you again soon, Shivana."

That name again. Only one race had ever called him Shivana - a name borne of hatred and fear. Wood raised a shaking hand to push himself away from the Old Man's personal bubble, unaware of the glowing silver ball in the man's spare hand until it flashed brightly in his face.

When the light faded, Wood was sat in the cockpit of a shuttle with a foul headache. And the USS Redemption's Captain's Yacht meters away from colliding with him.

{Tag Tybalt, Moondark, Dushall and Kaine}

USS Redemption NCC 69771
Admiralwood
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:08 am

| Bridge
| Captain;s Yacht

"Fraking Hell!" swore the young redshirted ensign, Finn, in the cramped pilot's chair. Literally minutes ago the captain and his first officer had been stood down for some 'dark hours' in preparation for the arrival wherever. The only real
task left had been to keep an eye on the warp bubble optimisation and half an eye on the distance scanner in case anything odd turned up.

Instead Finn earned his speaking credits with an entirely unprofessional outburst, caused by the fact a poxy little minor warp shuttle had just popped into existence with no more warning than a bull klingon n his wedding night. The proximity wailed loud enough to wake the dead and the carefully crafted warp bubble burst with an entirely unsubtle effusion of uncontrolled spill radiation.

From deep in his gut came the memories of the "Q" stories that had been bandied around San Fran Academy, tales of the utterly improbable, massively frustrating being who had made it his personal joy to annoy some of the Federation's most patient and on the tail of that came other stories of near omnipotent children and so called gods who went back as far as Kirk and his explorations; and then there was time travel and...

"Captain to the Bridge" Finn urgently demanded, "anyone to the bridge" he added, still more than a little thrown by the weird goings on, and frankly utterly unprepared to deal with it personally... already having decided that his single collar insignia made this all well above his training level.

None of which stopped the computer from following its own protocol and beaming out a 'hold on a moment message' as was routine when the Captain was aboard but unable to come immediately and her bridge only occupied by unsuitable juniors.

"Unidentified Shuttle, on behalf of the Federation and the Captain of the USS Redemption-A, please stand by for a formal greeting by a senior officer"

Only a few feet away in the somewhat crowded ready-room come mess where most of the 'non-cargo' passengers had found themselves Tybalt, Bethany and the others heard both the alarm, felt the drop from warp and received the plaintiff cry from the bridge officer. Predictably there was a fair old scramble as everyone not wearing a green collar moved to obey the unspecific summons... abandoning their drinks, cards and chairs with equal urgent sudden heedlessness.

"Fleeties" the still seated Blue-skinned marine offered to the officer opposite who had just taken another hand with yet another set of trip-sixes; his epithet underlined by the crash of a cup that hadn't quite made it to safety on one of the tabletops.

Just to be sure though he did check again that the lights had remained plain, that no alert had been called by either the office r of the watch or the empowered ship's computer... which meant in turn that whatever this was it wasn't an attack, or cause to abandon perfectly good coffee.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:33 pm

| Mess
| Captain's Yacht

Beth shrugged one shoulder having kept an ear out for any add on to the initial call out for the Captain in case her medical skills were required. “Maybe some one forgot to fuel up the ship before we left” she teased as she looked down at the cards in her hand. She looked from the three sixes to the pot to the two remaining men sitting at the table and raised one eyebrow in challenge.

“I reckon that means they fold” she picked up one of the bright blue plastic chips from the large stack on the table in front of her and tossed it into the pile in the middle of the table “seen and raised” she declared looking from the blue-skinned veteran to the red cheeked, baby faced newbie nervously biting his bottom lip.

Under her steely gazed he shook his head and placed his cards down to one side signalling he was out. She smiled a toothy grin and turned her gaze back to Tybalt. So far they were only playing for plastic chips and bragging rights for being the last person standing, later they might throw in chits for chores but they were a few hours off that yet.

Meanwhile on the bridge the harassed looking gold collared security officer was rapidly running various scans on the small shuttle trying to work out where it had come from and who was in it. They were running quiet and expecting trouble from any of the ships loyal to Carpathia but the last thing they expected was a shuttle appearing out of what appeared to be thin air.

“I'm not picking up any cloaked or shielded ships out there, the only thing is that shuttle which I might add looks to have seen better days” he muttered out loud. “I'm only picking up one life sign, a human male, engines, shields, weapons and life support are all reading in the green” he added looking back down to his console watching for any signs of the shuttle becoming hostile.

Back to top Go down

Post  Admiralwood on Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:37 pm

====Shuttlecraft....somewhere...======

"Bugger!!" Wood was barely able to even reach the console before the oncoming yacht came within inches of collision, pulling hard away in an attempt to evade the threat he posed.

With his heart in his mouth, it was a few seconds before it really dawned on the Admiral just where he was now. Or at least what he was in. How in the heck did he end up in a shuttle in the middle of nowhere?

"Computer, where am I?"

No response - almost as if there wasn't a computer there at all.

"Unidentified Shuttle, on behalf of the Federation and the Captain of the USS Redemption-A, please stand by for a formal greeting by a senior officer"

Wood didn't recognise the voice. Unsure if this ship even had a working two-way comm system he opened up what he hoped would be a good channel.

"Strange Yacht, this is Unidentified Shuttle. Why don't we save you having to call me that and just use the call-sign Bob. Now before we start swapping names....where the heck are we?"

TAG YACHT

USS Redemption NCC 69771
Admiralwood
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Star on Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:25 am

“Hey Esther, where is the  -” Emily stopped talking as she rounded the corner. Esther, a petite blonde officer, stood with five other officers deep in conversation. All eyes turned and the voices quieted as she interrupted, “What’s going on here?”

“Shift change handoffs, Ma’am.” Esther replied with a shrug, handing a PADD to her.

Emily paused,looked at the PADD, raised her brow and shook her head, “You’re a bad liar. Don’t make me ask again.”

“Ma’am...” Esther began, but stopped.

“Think very carefully before you continue that sentence,” Emily warned, cutting her off to give her the chance to organize her thoughts.

“Ma’am” Esther started again, “Ma’am...we were discussing the marines. We don’t like what they are doing here and we feel that we can’t trust them.”

Emily nodded, “And I can understand how you feel. This is our ship and they came aboard without warning, however they’ve been granted access by our CO.”

“No offense Ma’am,” One of the male officers piped up, “But the CO is new and we don’t exactly trust him either.”

“So what? You want to flush the marines out the airlock? Put them in the brig and slowly tear them apart?” Emily crossed her arms, “Is that about it?”

“No...” Esther said, “Well ...not exactly.”

“Let me say this, and I will only say this once, nobody touches the marines. Remove those thoughts completely or I will put you in the brig just for entertaining them. Are we clear?” She looked each of them in the eye, “Are we?”

“Ma’am...” Esther said, “I don’t think we can do that.” She pulled her phaser, “We think you’re compromised as well.”

“I should have seen this coming...”

“We don’t want anyone to get hurt Ma’am, but -”

“Then you shouldn’t have pointed that at me,” Emily said with a smirk. There was a moment’s pause between her words and what occurred next. Emily threw that PADD in her hand at Esther’s head, causing her to almost drop the phaser in order to catch the small device. In that amount of time, Emily had her phaser drawn and had fired it twice; two of the officers were on the ground, “Reach for your phasers and I’ll raise the setting on this thing and put you out for more than a few hours.”

“Drop it...”

The feel of a phaser’s nose against her skull made Emily’s stomach sank, “Farill, I should have known - “

“Sorry Em, you know me. I love a good uprising.” He reached over and took the phaser from her hands, “We’ll put you somewhere comfortable, I promise.”

“When I get my hands on all of you, I swear to god you’re going to wish you were floating in space without a suit...”

“A threat we’ll make sure to be afraid of in future,” Farill cheerily said, “Now if you don’t mind,
Emily Star
Chief Tactical Officer
Chief Tactical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsey on Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:56 am

== Captain’s Yacht ==
== Bridge ==

Kaine has only been asleep for a few hours when the alarm came in.  Luckily his military training kicked in and he was alert within seconds.  With the frantic message for the Captain to come to the bridge, Kaine decided that was the best place for him to be as well.  Grabbing his jacket, he pulled it on and zipped it up, heading to the turbolift.

Seconds later, he was on the bridge.  The yacht had dropped from warp in a no man’s land and out in front of it was something very curious.  A Federation Shuttle… not a runabout, but an actual shuttle was sitting there off the starboard bow.  

“Settle down, people… it’s just a shuttle.”  Kaine took up his position when the shuttle’s occupant responded to them.  

”Strange Yacht, this is Unidentified Shuttle. Why don't we save you having to call me that and just use the call-sign Bob. Now before we start swapping names....where the heck are we?"

Kaine smiled and did recognize the voice, but he also thought this could be a trap.  Signaling for the Conn officer to mute the transmission he looked over at Tybalt, unsurprised that he was already here.  The man probably never sleeps, he thought.

“Sergeant, I would like for you to take some of your men and be ready by the docking hatch.  It is very likely this is an ambush and that a cloaked ship is out there waiting for us to drop shields.  If we do take this person onboard… I want to be ready.”

[tag tybalt]

“Conn, open the line again.”  The Conn Officer did and nodded back to Kaine.

“Bob, you can call us Alice.  It seems like we are in front of you and you are in front of us… along way from anywhere a shuttle should be.”

[tag BOB]
Ramsey
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post  Admiralwood on Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:01 pm

======Shuttlecraft 'BOB'======

“Bob, you can call us Alice.  It seems like we are in front of you and you are in front of us… along way from anywhere a shuttle should be.”

A smile crawled across Wood's face. He knew that voice, a friendly.

"So where are you from Alice? Perhaps you can help a not-so-old man find something he's looking for? Wanna beam me over? Bob smells bad."

Zethra smirked at the comment.  "Come on aboard at the starboard docking station.  Don't be surprised  by your welcome committee... Alice out.

Zethra turned to the Helm, present our starboard side to the shuttle.  Weapons, be ready to fire on anything  that appears suddenly.  Do not wait on my mark for that.

Slowly the yacht turned to help the shuttle connect to it.  At the docking area,  the marines were waiting...

Wood acknowledged that. Considering the times they were in he could hardly be surprised. Manovuring a shuttle to a docking position was child's play for the trained pilot, so he busied himself with thoughts about what he was going to do now he was back with his old crew. He wondered who was still serving on the Reddie - especially since she was changed over to a Sovereign class ship.

Damn shame about the old Galaxy Class Redemption.

With a metallic clunk the shuttle docked with her larger counterpart. A hiss and the airlock seal with set, the doors opening to reveal a grizzled looking Marine group. They looked ready to vaporise him the first wrong move he made.

"I know times have changed, but doesn't a Fleet Admiral even get a bo'sun's whistle any more?"

{Tag Yacht crew}

Crossover JP between Admiral Wood and Zethra Kaine

USS Redemption NCC 69771
Admiralwood
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:22 am

| Side Hatch
| Yacht

"I know times have changed, but doesn't a Fleet Admiral even get a bo'sun's whistle any more?"

Tybalt had 'reluctantly' left the game (and yet another sucker hand) as their Colonel had gone past the door to add to the gaggle on the bridge.. and for his sins found himself volunteered to be a welcoming committee.

Colonel Kaine's warning was still ringing in his ears as he and the 'side party' stood ready at the cycling hatchway, carbines at the ready just in case of some dastardly plot invloving a bum rush or the like. Instead what they got was the jovial, joking, and very recognisable face of the very last man they expected to see out here; the very admiral they were hunting for.

By comparison even Carpathia would have seemed to make more sense (albeit accompanied by some of his storm troops).

However a century of service had trained in certain reflexes that really didn't need any conscious thought to follow, especially those involving the sorts of brass that this man habitually wore on his collar.

"Admiral on deck!" Tybalt barked, his deep gravel born voice roaring through the surprise of his fellow marines and snapping them to attention even as his foot stomped and hand came up for the salute. Carbines that had been ready to kill were now jerked to port then salute and the covering crescent became a single line in almost the twitch of an antennae. And just to prove that the ship's computer was on the ball too it promptly fired off the official trilling tones of the age old Bosun's call for its own welcome.

Okay so maybe the veteran marine also twitched those antennae to verify that the man in front of them was not a holo of some type, and maybe he also looked to confirm the life sign readings that said the man was alone, and maybe just maybe his left hand wasn't quite in position because it was too busy lingering close to the backup blade attached to the belt Tybalt was wearing.

As if to underline that he wasn't the only one being perhaps a little extra careful the same dulcet tones of the computer then piped up by offering, "Identity confirmed, Fleet Admiral Wood present"

"Welcome aboard sir" Tybalt supplied, "Alice will be proud to wear your flag"

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Aug 05, 2013 7:31 am

| Side Hatch
| Yacht

"Now sir" Tybalt continued as the formalities were out of the way, "if you'll be so good as to please come with us we'll take you to what passes for an infirmary on your yacht where our sawbones will make sure that you're not a bomb, a virus bomb, or some shapechanging flesh eating void monster come to munch on our brains"

The tone might have been fairly light, but it was also very deliberately the same one that the veteran sergeant had used for years when training young officers, polite and respectful but undeniably firm and with just enough edge to make it clear the 'please' was form and not an actual indicator that there was any real option about the 'request'.

Honestly Tybalt seriously doubted that Carpathia had anything like the clout to get a doppleganger transported somehow out all this way, and close enough to trip the warp proximity alarms. But none of that meant that the figure standing in front of them wasn't an enemy from somewhere or someone else.

likewise a few scans couldn't actually be expected to eliminate all the very nasty possibilities that existed for this individual if they were in some way an enemy, but it would at least eliminate a few, more so because the average badguy choosing to masquerade as an admiral didn't exactly have the humility to take orders from a sergeant

All the better to get any confrontations out of the way now before the maybe-admiral confirmed his command codes and took over effective control of the vessel they all shared.

Back to top Go down

Post  Admiralwood on Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:05 pm

====Yacht 'Alice'==========

Wood was waiting for the standard 'welcome aboard' to turn into an identity check. He wasn't surprised - chalking it up to another sad product of the times.

"Now sir" Tybalt continued as the formalities were out of the way, "if you'll be so good as to please come with us we'll take you to what passes for an infirmary on your yacht where our sawbones will make sure that you're not a bomb, a virus bomb, or some shapechanging flesh eating void monster come to munch on our brains"

The Sergeant's tone earned him a knowing glance from the Admiral. If he were more of a prideful man he would have taken offence at being handled by the obviously experienced Non-com like he were a fresh Junior Officer, something Wood felt thankful he'd long since grown out of - unlike some Admirals he knew.

"Lead the way Sergeant..." He trailed off - hoping to get the man's name. NCOs like this one were well worth having on side.

{Go get me tested there Tybalt}

USS Redemption NCC 69771
Admiralwood
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post  Clarissa Loki on Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:24 am

Clarissa had been pacing the Redemption’s bridge floor for what seemed like an eternity. She shook her head, not even wanting to hear whatever it is that Lieutenant Danno had to say. So long as Chief Star had done her job and put him in the Brig, that was good enough for her. She ground her teeth and then took a breath and unclenched her hands. She was a Doctor, not the Captain. This wasn’t exactly her forte, and not for the millionth time, she cursed her spouse for leaving them in this predicament.

The beeping caught her attention, she quickly covered the expanse of the Bridge to hover over the Helm conn. The Ensign looked up at her slightly startled at her fast approach, “Uhm... there is a sensor buoy out what I can only assume was a .... uhm... burp or even a fa-”

“Never mind the possible nuances of which end that buoy came out of. Read the sensor log, is it from the missing shuttle?” She asked, although they both knew the answer.

Lt. Hatter opened her eyes and leaned forwards when the main console began beeping.

”Mmm, seems that the shuttles logs have been found... That was quick...” And she glanced her eyes towards the shuttle roof. ”Thanks Dad. How much time left on that bomb?”

17 minutes to detonation

”Awesome. Use the buoy to bounce a signal back towards its origin. See if we can get a comm line open to Redemption.

“Sir, we’re sort of being hailed by the beacon.” The Helmsman stated with a raised eyebrow.

“Well, at least Hatter isn’t totally useless right now.” Clarissa stated with a deadpan voice and stood up. “What’s her status then?”

=^=Shuttle Hawkins to Redemption. Hello? Errr hi. Yeah I could do with a hand here. Any help please=^= Lt. Hatter said glancing over towards the weapon.

“Sir, she’s requesting help.”

“I got that part, thanks.” Clarissa shook her head. “Relay to the buoy, if she’s injured and if the Shuttle has been damaged.”

A console beeps and the computer states with chilling indifference,

Warning, gaseous influx levels are rising. The console reads that the space slug’s internal liquids are rising to a dangerous level - the unknown substance is corrosive.

The shuttles central console beeped again.

External acidic levels rising to critical levels. Hull breach estimated in 24 minutes.

”24 minutes...” and Hatter looked over towards the bomb, ”Awesome. Either splattered across a nebula, or slug food. Awesome. Next lifetime Jess should get a job as a builder.

=^= Redemption any time you guys have an idea to get me outta here, just shout out.=^=

Clarissa shook her head. She hadn’t thought this situation could get worse, but really stomach acidity of the slug wasn’t one of her scenarios and it was now rearing it’s ugly stench.

“Aw frack me.”

The Helm officer looked up sheepishly. “Uhm sir?”

Clarissa waved off the slightly scared look with a wave of her hand. “Shuttle Hawkins, we can see that the gaseous levels inside the slug is rising. Your warp core or even your energy signature is unsettling the creature. The only thing I can think of is to -.”

“Commander Clarissa Loki.” Came a semi authoritative voice from behind her, Clarissa waved it off.

“Can’t you see I’m busy here?” She hadn’t bothered to turn around and address the intrusion, she had bigger issues to deal with. “Helm, relay to Lieutenant Hatter to try and artificially generate acid dichloride and vent it. It’ll help delay her immediate problem.”

The ship rocked, no-one had been paying attention to the rest of the screens as one of the other giant slugs fully slammed it’s body into the Redemption. As the klaxons blared red, someone grabbed her arm forcefully. She pulled away with a jab, seeing only a security officer who had been trying to get her attention.

“You had better have a good reason for your actions, but right now I’m busy with you.” She stood steadfast at the Helm station, “Helm focus! Vent as much of our plasma residue to make the ship appear blue, signaling our submissiveness to the dominant slug! We can’t deal with another hit to the shields.”

The Ensign’s hands wavered, “Blue sir?”

“Don't question me, just do it!” Clarissa yelled at the Helm officer. She didn't have time to relay her background research she'd come across so far. There just wasn't time.

“Commander Clarissa Loki.” Security Lieutenant Baker whipped the Chief Medical Officer and the currently acting Commanding Officer of the Redemption around on her feet to face him, along with two other security personnel. “You are hereby relieved of your command and I will be taking over.” He indicated to the other two to take ahold of her physically. “You’ll be held in the Brig pending further charges of misconduct during your commanding role.”

“Lieutenant Baker, I’ll have YOU court martialed for your role in this mutiny. We have injured aboard the ship, we’re being attacked and we have a crew member -.” Clarissa stopped as she was violently pulled away and threatened with a phaser to her abdomen.

“Save it for someone who cares.” Stated Lieutenant Baker as he fixed his tunic and sat down in the command chair with a smug sense of self satisfaction on a job well done. “Get her out of her.”

A chilling JP with Lieutenant Hatter and Commander Clarissa Loki

Clarissa Loki
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:53 pm

| Hatchway
| Alice

"Master sergeant th'Idran" Tybalt supplied, recognising the cue, and the deliberate use of 'sergeant' rather than the more common 'top', a subtle warning (as those from admirals went) that even though he was apparently to be humoured on his own tone, there were limits to what this man would put up with... or chevrons might start disappearing, "we stomped some of the same turf during the Dominion war" Tybalt supplied, turning his shoulder to better display the 'Ranger' crest that was there more to verify that he did indeed know that the turf he was referring to had been a long way behind enemy lines than to denigrate the Force Recon group he had been a part of at the time.

While to his knowledge they had never actually crossed paths before, (none too strange in an organisation the size of Starfleet), there had been a few operations in the same battle plan that could maybe have come close. Of course there was absolutely no way for Tybalt to know if that was true, not with his NCO level clearance; and even the implication that the Admiral had been doing insurgency type things was more of a guess based on what he knew happened in theatre rather than fact, but it was a sort of point of contact.

Which of course in turn was another less than completely subtle hurdle thrown at the possible brain-juice eating imposter, giving him an 'in' to exploit, while withholding key points about it that sat there like the proverbial UXD's

Unfortunately the ploy was rather for naught because the yacht simply wasn't big enough for 'casual' conversations en route to places; only a few strides from the hatch they had received him on and the entourage was already at the converted stateroom that was now Bethany's demesne.

"You only need to worry if she starts lubing the gloves sir" Tybalt joked as he stepped aside to leave the door open. Again the over-familiarity was deliberate, another layer to the trap that he had already laid out, but it was also at least in part simply the veteran marine being himself... and letting the admiral know that he was long enough in the tooth and close enough to retirement now that he was going to have to come up with something more worrying for his next subtle warning.

Back to top Go down

Post  Harper on Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:12 pm

Danno woke up he was stashed in the corner of the Shuttle Bay he had no idea what was going on last thing he remembered was working on adding some extra defenses to the shuttle pod so even if it did get eaten it might survive a bit longer. He got up off the floor his head was killing him, Danno started to look around and he saw the shuttle was gone. So that would mean Hatter left him here. 'Stupid girl' Danno thought, ‘I have got to find out what is going on, Hatter didn’t have anything on her or the know how to add anything to shuttle fast enough so what did she get from the marine country’

Danno walked over to the one of the main control panels and pulled up the ships internal sensors to find out exactly where she went when the ship was in diagnostic mode but apparently someone had tried to tamper with the system since it was saying there was no one on the ship at all. He started to do a scan of the systems and found a very crude block put on the scanners they used the time when the system was in diagnostics to bypass some of the security. So what ever happened he made it easier for them do it. It was just going to be a quick fix to get them up and running again, but that might alert the people that something was amiss.

Danno stepped back for a moment he was confused, he was assuming a lot could this just be his paranoia acting up again was he started to slip away from reality. No they were being chased from the federation there is more than a small chance that someone could be working for them. ‘Am I listening to my self i sound paranoid and delusional.’ Danno shook his head, “I should still act as though this is a real threat, I should lock everyone out of the system and make it look like its still down unless that person is me.”

The little voice in his head answered back again ‘What if this is in your head and they can’t convince you its not.’

“That is a good point what if I locked out to only department heads so currently that would be Me, Loki and the Vulcan,” Danno conceded. He went back to the console and started to go to work it didn’t take him more than 15 min to get things set up as a bit of extra security he set a voice command in that would issue a full lock down to every one but the 3 department heads on board, it would take at least 2 of them to unlock it. “Okay okay computer where is Doctor Loki.”

“The captain is on the bridge.”

“Can I have video please,” Video showed up on screen showing everything was okay, she was working on getting Hatter home. Something Danno himself knew he should be doing as well as feeding his paranoia, “Now locate the Chief of Security.”

“Commander Star is in her office.”

“Video please.” Danno saw her tied up and unconscious. “Damn it. I know i wasn't just paranoid.”

‘Are you sure you can trust your eyes. Are they lying to you again’

“No, no its real I have no memory of seeing this before he has to be real.”

‘Unless this new Drug the doctor put you on has side effects. Similar to this voice in your head that is trying to help you.’

“Okay so I may be losing my mind but I have to help her first just incase it is real.”

‘But she is a Vulcan and you know Vulcan’s she probably deserve it.’

“I am an Officer on a Star Ship again personal feeling aside it is my duty to help her.”

‘You have that part right at least.’

“Umm if I remember correctly there is a Jefferies tube the run right above that room.”

‘but there is no access hatch there’

“That just means I will have to make one I have a torch here and some rope I can just fasten the rope in the tube climb down cut her loose and climb out.” Danno waited but he never got an answer back, “So I take that as a good idea. Well time to get a move on.”

Lt Danno Luthor
Harper

Back to top Go down

Post  Admiralwood on Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:03 am

Starship interior design philosophy was something that had always baffled Wood. It seemed like each class had its own unique designer who figured the last ship's inside just wasn't fashionable enough. Personally he couldn't see what was wrong with the way they'd done the Galaxy class - but then that's why he liked being in uniform more than civvies - fashion never was his thing.

Wood had been in command of a Sovereign Class ship once, briefly, after the Dominion War had ended. A testbed for some technologies that, while they looked like real game-changers to the Quadrant as it was then, turned about to be useless when the Andromedans came to visit and stir up hell.

Even now he shuddered thinking about those days. This Sovereign yacht reminded him painfully of that time.

As he walked under the Sergeant's careful escort, Wood couldn't help but almost enjoy the verbal sparring session that had evolved since his arrival.

"You only need to worry if she starts lubing the gloves sir"

Wood grinned and winked jokingly, "Maybe she'll be the one left worrying if she does that."

{Tag All in Yacht}

USS Redemption NCC 69771
Admiralwood
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:08 am

| 'Medical'
| Alice

"Only if you're too keen sir" Tybalt laughed back, actually genuinely pleased that what had started confrontational was now settling into the sort of easy banter that he had enjoyed with senior officers of his past. Certainly his age had a bit to do with barriers being less final around him, that he was old enough to have at least fathered a lot of the officers who had commanded him for the last sixty years had to be another factor.

"But fair warning" he added, "Beth's true green" he supplied, touching his collar, "bred, born, raised and qualified" he appended, hinting at some of the doctor-marine's family background, perhaps more than a little pride slipping into his voice as he talked about the young medical officer. "She not only earned that trauma doctor thing, but did that while also earning her pips and adding a Force Recon flash"

"So if she asks you to cough..." he finished, smiling as he trailed off. Of course he was, as he had mentioned earlier, well aware that Wood was no pushover himself and even if he didn't know about the Admiral going toe to toe with some of Khan's step-grandchildren, he still knew the officer had earned his combat badges the hard way; but the warning was as much for her benefit as for his; Tybalt didn't want any misunderstandings in there with a potential hazard thinking the doc would be a soft touch.

On second thoughts perhaps he should have kept his blue gob shut and let the possible bone-marrow sucker try his things with Beth... even if the mess might have been a pain to hose down afterwards.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:19 pm

| 'Infirmary'
| Yacht

Having won her hand and noting her winning on their tally sheet if they got the chance to continue their game later she had finished off her coffee before heading through the small ship to her impromptu infirmary with the new kid following along behind her. With Tybalt and his team off to greet their supposed VIP guest Beth thought it was prudent to have the Kid help her and 'Twinkle Toes' out in sickbay.

If this guy wasn't who he was portraying then she wanted a little help if he went schizo at her big reveal and if he was really who he claimed to be and not some brain sucking flesh monster then it was all good.

Normally she wasn't the paranoid conspiracy nut but considering their last intel, from no less than the head of intel herself, had the Admiral in orbit of Earth on McKinley Station then there was no earthly way he could have suddenly turned up right in the path of their ship. Of course the Intel woman could have been feeding them false information to lure them into a trap but that didn't explain how the Admiral managed to find them all the way out here in the cold depths of space.

So either he was an imposter or he had some definitely other worldly help.

Either way Beth was going to do her job and find out if he was who he said he was.

She entered the stateroom they had converted into a temporary infirmary and pulled a chair from the desk into the middle of the floor and set about gathering her tricorder and some empty blood vials along with a couple of needles for taking blood samples from him for testing.

“Twinkle, Billy, phasers to heavy stun” she said glancing at the pair of them. The hulking 'Twinkle Toes' just nodded altering the setting on his phaser then re-houlstering it while 'Billy the Kid' swallowed nervously but copied the large man beside him. “Go word is munchkins” she added with a reassuring smile to the Kid.

She was really hoping that this wasn't going to go South, she trusted 'Twinkle' with her life and while the Kid had earned his recon flash she wasn't sure he wouldn't hesitate when it came to shooting an Admiral.

She cracked her knuckles as they waited, a voice in her ear warning her that the Admiral was on route from the airlock. She had never met the man personally but like most of those she served with she had heard many, many tales of his heroics. She sent a silent prayer to the Ancestors just as the doors swished open admitting the Admiral.

She wasn't surprised that no one followed in after him, she was well aware what the rest of her fellow marines thought about coming to sickbay when something wasn't hanging off.

“Welcome Admiral, why don't you have a seat” she gestured to the chair in the middle of the room “I'm Lieutenant Moondark, I'm sorry our medical facilities aren't any better” she said watching the man carefully. There was an air of quiet confidence about him that spoke volumes about his confidence in his own abilities to handle whatever they might throw at him. There was also a tenseness about him, like a coiled spring, ready to jump into action if need be. She nodded slightly to herself. This was definitely a man who got his rank through actions rather than by kissing the appropriate @ss.

He was also a lot more handsome than she had figured he'd be.

TAG: Admiral, any

Back to top Go down

Post  Admiralwood on Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:25 pm

===Captain's yacht====

Wood chuckled at Tybalt's last piece of advice, "Trust me," He said, "Anywhere near that region and her wish is my command."

Arriving inside the tiny cabin that passed for a medical bay on this craft, Wood realised his trip - which had grown considerably more comfortable once the veteran's banter had begun - with Master Sergeant th'Idran had come to an end, "Thank you Sergeant."

With that he was released into the good Doctor's care. He immediately saw with the Sergeant meant about her. The Doctor carried herself with the ramrod straight posture, coupled with a sharp, searching gaze, that could only come from someone born and raised Marine.

He'd sent - and led - enough of them into battle. Theirs was a bearing you never soon forgot.

“Welcome Admiral, why don't you have a seat” she gestured to the chair in the middle of the room “I'm Lieutenant Moondark, I'm sorry our medical facilities aren't any better”

Wood politely smiled and took a seat, "Thank you Lieutenant. Don't worry about the facilities, it works - which is all that really matters right - so long as you're not going to ask me to cough."

He grinned, trying to see just where he could go with this one. Thing about Marines was - you never knew which ones had a good sense of humour about them and which ones didn't.

{Moondark}

USS Redemption NCC 69771
Admiralwood
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:49 pm

| 'Infirmary'
| Yacht

She grinned and chuckled softly “don't worry Sir I only keep that sort of treatment for those that royally annoy me and since you have been perfectly charming we can skip that part” she said moving to pick up her trusty tricorder and wave it in his general direction.

“Any medical problems I need to know about? Or Allergies?” she asked him as she scanned “obviously the clearance for your medical file is way above this grunt's pay grade” she joked before looking at him with a serious look in her dark eyes. “You know that my job is to check you are who you say and look to be and not some horrible slime monster but it is also to check that you are okay, the Captain would kick my butt if you are really you and I don't take good care of you”.

“So anything hurting or bothering you?”

She looked at the first of the scan results coming in before turning to look at the large marine standing in one corner “'T' I'm going to need 2 litre bottles of the purple electrolyte mix” she ordered trusting him to mix up the drinks that would help to rehydrate the Admiral while she finished her examination.

While she was still running various scans she took a couple of samples of blood out of one muscular arm and set the computer to running more in depths scans studying his DNA and blood chemistry. These combined with her tricorder results would prove as conclusively as she could one way or another whether this person really was Admiral Wood or not.

TAG: Wood

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top