Episode 2: Burn Notice

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Episode 2: Burn Notice

Post  Ramsey on Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:01 pm

About time we go after the Man, thought Kaine as he listened to Dushall's plan.  He didn't like the fact that he was leaving his wife and kid behind in a ship that was the target of almost every Captain in Starfleet... and every slug in this nebula.    His report... the one that Dushall held, just had the basics.  The larger slugs fed on the microscopic critters eating at their hull.  While there was no detailed research that said the largers ones wouldn't eat the ship... they had yet to attack it.

Using the Captain's Yacht was genius and dangerous.  It was small and manueverable, but not heavily shielded or armed.  If they came across a ship that was actually looking for them... well that would be the end of that.

Still, Kaine had a commitment to do his duty and that extended far beyond his personal safety.  He knew that rescuing Admiral Wood would be a coup in itself...

Still, I'd rather face down a squad of Carpathia's goons, than to have the conversation that I will be having with Lilly in just a few minutes, he thought.
Ramsey
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post  Harper on Mon Jun 24, 2013 2:48 pm

Danno rolled out of bed covered in sweat when he heard the call and groaned and thought, 'Well I guess its time to get back to work.'

Danno was shaking his head at this plan well parts of it were passable overall it was lacking in more than a few major areas.

"Any questions, comments, or concerns before I dismiss you all?

"So captain so let me get this strait your are taking our CO, XO our Chief of security along with the 2 best squads of men in the marine detachment? Well we have a fleet of federation ship looking to attack us right? Genius just Genius." Danno finished before mumbling a few obscene words about when they get back how we would all be dead.

<Tag Durshall>
Harper

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Star on Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:23 am

Emily stood up. She'd been quietly listening; taking note of what everyone had weighed into the conversation so far. 

"Sir." There was a pause to allow conversations to stop and eyes to focus on her, "I mean no offense by the words that are about to come from my mouth. So I hope that you can see past whatever emotion they bring forward." 

Another brief pause before she continued, "Sir, the crew has been through quite a bit. They're tired and their hopes are low, so much to the point that their frustrations have woken me up in the night. I'm glad it's not a permanent thing, and I know the crew will repair itself in time but for the moment this is where they are."Emily spoke slowly, "I cannot with any form of a clear mind leave this ship, especially with the marines aboard. My security team is a skeleton, and a broken one at that."

"Also, no offense to the blue guy, but he's new to the party and you're including him? He's just digested the information you gave him and, I'm sorry, but I don't trust him not to change his mind or fall back on his loyalties. I want to be here to make sure whoever of his men are left on board don't go postal." Emily concluded, "I'm staying here." 

<Tag>
Emily Star
Chief Tactical Officer
Chief Tactical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:25 am

| Briefing
| USS Redemption -A

If Tybalt had trouble understanding what would make the young guy in gold use that tone with the CO, with any CO let alone one still wearing a damn sword, then he was positively gobsmacked as Lieutenant Commander Legs spoke up and outright refused the order. Okay so she was at least reasonably polite about it and did explain her reasoning, (while she was dismissing him out of hand as 'the blue guy'), but she still basically just told the boss where to stick his plan.

Although quite what difference she thought she would make if the marines did decide to take her ship from the same demoralised skeleton sec group she had just described was another question entirely, not least of which because she would be an obvious first target for over the top force....

The problem was however that both of them had a point of sorts, with both him and the Colonel off ship the marines here would be left with only the young officers and the younger sergeants.. including a certain sergeant Reynolds whose surname was not entirely un-coincidently similar to that of one of their pursuers.

While personally he would love to go back to those old stomping grounds, play Ranger again and help them poke about, and while he was pretty damn sure that the formidable 2XO doc could look after the reduced fleety crew he was more than a little worried that they would be overgunning maybe even over-gilding the away team, while leaving the other painfully bereft.

Perhaps worst of all though if things really did kick off while the yacht was away he was a lot less confident that the marine assets left behind would not earn Legs' doubts.

But unlike the others he wasn't about to voice all this in the face of a CO he barely knew when he very definitely didn't have all the same information that CO had.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dushall on Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:48 am

"So captain so let me get this strait your are taking our CO, XO our Chief of security along with the 2 best squads of men in the marine detachment? Well we have a fleet of federation ship looking to attack us right? Genius just Genius." Danno finished before mumbling a few obscene words about when they get back how we would all be dead.

Dushall gripped his hand into a fist and kept playing a scene over and over in his head. It was the look on Danno's face when Dushall presses the button that opens the airlock that then jettisons him into the deadly silence of open space. It brought a little smile to see Danno silenced into oblivion. It didn't matter that he was right about the away team. But he needed the best on this ship and whether he saw it or not those that he picked were the best in what he needed. He was the Commanding Officer on this ship, well acting commanding Officer, he needed to be able to admit when someone was right. "Who invited you hear Mr. Luther? As far as I can tell you are not the Chief of Engineering."

"Sir." There was a pause to allow conversations to stop and eyes to focus on her, "I mean no offense by the words that are about to come from my mouth. So I hope that you can see past whatever emotion they bring forward." 

His attention was pulled away from LT Luthor as he heard his Chief of Security speak up. She was a good officer and her records gave him every reason to listen to her opinion no matter what it was. He knew that she would be tactful about it, unlike LT Luthor. He then glare at the young male officer for a second once more imagining him being jettisoned out of the closest airlock. His body bouncing limply along the hull as the propulsion forced upon his body by the escaping air sends his body flying across the hull. His gaze was then directed over to the Security Officer. "Go ahead Ms.Star."

Another brief pause before she continued, "Sir, the crew has been through quite a bit. They're tired and their hopes are low, so much to the point that their frustrations have woken me up in the night. I'm glad it's not a permanent thing, and I know the crew will repair itself in time but for the moment this is where they are." Emily spoke slowly, "I cannot with any form of a clear mind leave this ship, especially with the marines aboard. My security team is a skeleton, and a broken one at that."

"Also, no offense to the blue guy, but he's new to the party and you're including him? He's just digested the information you gave him and, I'm sorry, but I don't trust him not to change his mind or fall back on his loyalties. I want to be here to make sure whoever of his men are left on board don't go postal." Emily concluded, "I'm staying here." 

"Ms. Star, I see what you are saying and I understand." He looked over at the Marine and then back at the Security Chief. "I don't think that you will have any problems from the majority of the Marines. They have their officers to control them. As far as Master Sergeant Tybalt is concerned I know him on some level. Once he makes his mind then its made up. I wouldn't question his loyalty." He turned to the window and stared at the nebula for a brief second as he contemplated what he was to do. It was important for the crew to know that he was in command but also that he was open to ideas.

Turning he walked over to the Chief of Security and Danno who happened to be sitting next to each other. He laid a hand on both of their shoulders. The hand on Emily's shoulder was soft and respectful where as the hand on Danno's was hard and painful. "Ms. Star, you will stay on the Redemption. Loki will need a good XO while we are away. I want you to take that spot." His eyes then fell upon Danno. "As for you Mr. Luthor, I suggest you take lessons in tactful approaches to conversation. It seems to me that you have too much time on your hands as well. So You will be assuming the responsibilities of the Chief Science Officer until I find someone else to replace you. Those responsibilities will be added to your responsibilities in the Engineering Department. Speak to Commander Loki about those slugs that we have on the hull after this meeting."

He walked over to his chair again and then let his eyes meet everyone in the room. "I thank you all for your time. You are dismissed to your duties. All those going on the away mission will meet in two hours at the Yachts access hatch." He stood as everyone started to leave in case someone wanted to talk to him after.

<Tag All>

Back to top Go down

Post  Clarissa Loki on Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:08 am

Clarissa sat at a console in the Science department, her cheek numb from resting on her balled fist for several hours. Watching the slugs on the view monitor, it was almost like a dance they were doing... once they’d seemly detached themselves from the Redemption. The would drain their capacity of the nacelle emissions and back off, allowing another to take their place. The ship’s physical integrity was still secure for now, but she wondered for how long.

Her mind wandered to the away team that included her testy husband and hoped he completed his mission and brought Admiral Wood back to the Redemption. She wondered how Lieutenant Luthor could so easily get under Eric's skin and it made her smile. Even on her worst days, she never seen him so irritated, and she'd tried hard some days to dig in. But with Danno, it seemed like an art. She smiled and shook her head, bringing her back to the current issues at hand.

*How long before these slugs decide that the emissions aren’t enough and they start to actually penetrate through the hull? Our shields are of no use to ward these nebula bugs and if Reynolds’ search crew found them, then they were totally done for.*

She entertained the idea of sending Lieutenant Foreman and a bunch of his Security detail out in envirosuits armed with heavy duty shovels, but was pretty sure that the conversation that she'd be having with Eric upon his eventual return, was on the very deep end of the unpleasant heading towards extremely fracking pissed off scale, and opted in the end to not send the boy to shovel slug of their shiny new hull.

She re-watched the recorded feed of Helmsman Hatter trying to maneuver the starship to different points in the Nebula without drawing up too much of an electrical wake to avoid being detected by the search and destroy team sent by Carpathia, and the slugs themselves. She had to give it to Hatter, it was no easy feat but even though the numerous attempts she had made were deft, they were rendered redundant as the slugs were not hindered and simply followed like love sick targ.

Clarissa righted her head and replayed the sequences, then sat up, rubbing her face roughly. “Computer, sequence movement attempts and show them on the screen side by side, synced up to the commands entered into the Helm by Lieutenant (jg) Hatter.” She stood and began to pace, while staring at the images shown before her.

The computer beeped and the screen flickered, showing the same time sequences. They all showed the same time delays and ultimate end results. To the uneducated eye, it looked like the same recordings but they weren’t. The time stamps gave that information away, but for all intents and purpose this was what she hadn’t been seeing, yet seeing the entire time.

“You son of a... ” The Doctor muttered excitedly, a few of the Science crewmen hid their giggles and raised eyebrows and yet, still kept an eye on the excited 2XO and her pacing movements. “Computer, compare the increased electrophoretic levels of the unknown slugs when the Redemption changes position.”

“Computing” Stated the computer and after several moments, “The levels increase by 72%.”

“Computer, are the percentages the same each time the Redemption moves position inside the Nebula?”

“Affirmative.”

“So they’re hot to trot, eh Computer? They like what we’re bringing to the table.”

“Insufficient data. Please specify parameters.”

Clarissa rolled her eyes at the computer’s response. She really should have known by now. “Never mind. Computer, save data and send to the Science console on the Bridge and Engineering. ”

“Acknowledged.”

=/\=”Doctor Loki to Lieutenant Luthor. I just sent you my current analysis of these space slugs and I think... they’re attracted to our nacelle emissions. Take a quick look and let me know your thoughts. I’m on my way to the Bridge to test a theory. Loki out” =/\=

<tag Luthor>

Clarissa Loki
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Hatter3127 on Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:17 pm

Lt. Hatter had sat through the briefing with out a word. She found she actually couldn't give a single hoot about the little revolution going on, and the more she heard, the less intrested she became by it. And as for the CO's idea about taking the captains yacht.... Well never mind.
Either way she still found her self under the console of the helm controls of the vessel with in the hour, tinkering away.
"Son of a..." Jess annouced hitting her head on the console, on the way out, hardly noticing her CO stood over her, with the away team behind. "Yeah, errr... Hi. Sir." Hatter fumbled. "Look, I know I'm not exactly part of this away team, and I really couldn't give a crap what you guys are doing, but well... Yeah. I don't wanna think that not doing something go you guys killed on my account. She motioned over to the console continuing. " I modified the output of the engines. They're currently working at 83%, but to their sensor sweeps you'll look like... I dunno, a bolian frieghter, or a vulcan shuttle, or.. Well anything but a starfleet vessel. Unless they directly see you, or you max the engines you should be good for getting in and getting out. I'll be... err... going now..."

Lt. (jg) Hatter sat at her console on the bridge, holding position as best she could, balancing the ship against the tidal currents of the galaxy, nebula, and the external creatures trying to move the hull in 16 different directions. She had to admit she was beat, but she was also way to wired to sleep of late. Adrinaline, among other things, had long since pushed her system to the max, but she was determined she would be 'okay' with things. Jess felt fortunate that the crew hadn't noticed. Besides, she had other things in mind. Tests to be running right now, to see if she could replicate and enhanse the stunt she had pulled with the yacht all over the ship, and ways to increase perfomance onboard ship. Either way she had a duty, if only to her self, if not the crew, to keep things 'tight'...

Executive Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:54 pm

| Briefing Room
| USS Redemption -A
| JP Star and th'Idran

The briefing ended and Emily, still slightly stunned about her temporary promotion, found herself lost in thought. Her mind wandered over the current situation, the job of being an XO with the Captain off ship, the Marines, the mission.

The Marines

Emily shook her head and noticed the empty room. She paused, realized there was a slight problem and stood. Hurriedly she exited the briefing room, hoping to catch the tall blue marine that got under her skin so well.

“Hey!” She called out, momentarily grateful her talents allowed for tracking individuals like a gps.

Tybalt had been busy talking with the OC of the Marine Pilots as he heard her call, dragging his mind away from the preparations he had been discussing and onto exactly what he was going to tell Lieutenant Commander Legs.

The honest truth was that he probably should tell her quite a bit, but, especially after that ‘blue guy’ comment, he wasn’t actually feeling that … cooperative. “Yes Ma’am?” He replied anyway, nodding a thanks to Dek’tor and finally turning to the striking Chief of security, “How can I help ma’am?” he asked, as if he couldn’t guess at least some of what she wanted.

“Are you able to spare a moment?” She asked, noticing he had been busy.

“Of course ma’am” Tybalt replied, actually slightly put off by her politeness, “something that can be discussed in the corridor or shall we borrow a room?”

“I don’t think there is any need for a room,” Emily flushed, as her brain reeled off other reasons for a room, “I just wanted to apologize for calling you a ‘blue’ guy. I realize that you’re on this mission and my own paranoia isn’t enough to keep you blacklisted while working together. I hope you can accept my apology.”

Now Tybalt really was thrown, getting an apology from her was about the last thing he had expected, let alone seeing her actually blush.... Had she turned out to be a Rommie he would have suspected the whole thing to be artifice, setting him up for some fall or another.. as it was.. well it took him right back to his earlier decision about her.... understanding ehr was really really never going to happen. “Thank you ma’am” Tybalt replied, almost automatically, but with a hint of his confusion showing through in his voice, “No harm done, I have been called a lot worse by people with far less reason to be suspicious” he asserted.

For a moment he was tempted to try teasing her about the blush, maybe try a little crude innuendo to see if he could keep it going.. then he chucked that idea out the proverbial airlock, deciding that even trying that would be playing with fire... possibly crazy, telepathic, carrying a gun type fire.

“Believe me, what was said inside my head about you was a lot more descriptive and less kind,” She grinned, “But I am capable of being things other than mean and I don’t always bite. If we’re on the same side then...”Emily paused, “Well you’re on my side. That’s a good place to be.”

That grin made him forget for a good long moment that this senior officer was nearly a century younger than him.. as for that matter did the way she was filling out her uniform when she leaned aside to let a crewman pass. But he remembered soon enough, especially when she fired off the line about being on her side.

“On that note” he offered, wincing just a little, “there is this little communication that I am not sure you will have been told about? Carpathia’s orders?” he suggested, looking for a reaction, because while he had let the CO in on the subject of that call he wasn’t sure the message would have necessarily gotten to her.

Emily tilted her head to the side, “Carpathia’s orders?” Her stomach knotted, remembering how gross that man made her feel, “We might need that room for this...” She offered before grabbing his arm and pulling him forward. Thankfully with the ship repair and the smaller crew, empty rooms were readily available, “Okay, I’m listening.”

“It’s all not so relevant now” he continued quickly, before the BQH came out to play instead of this friendly lass with the killer smile, only momentarily allowing himself a look around the quarters that she had just dragged him into, “but just before we arrived the President himself did kind of give us orders to wait for his order then take over the ship” he told her

“Obviously” he added, “we don’t have any plans to obey, and the order was illegal because it circumvented the chain of command, but.. if he could call us in the middle of space...on a secure trip...” He didn’t think he needed to spell it out that there was every chance that the same manipulative would be despot might already have a line of communications open to someone else on the vessel; and, as they were proving, there were plenty of places that other person could go to get some alone time...

Emily wasn’t sure what to say, “You know...if I was having trouble sleeping before because of this damn crew, given those lovely additions I certainly won’t be now. I should just use myself like a human lie detector and go wander around the ship at night, hoping to pick up some wisp of trouble.”

This time Tybalt did laugh, the thought that had been running through his head put there by the presence of a bed in the room and other, less ,sinister uses for ‘alone time’ creating rather a lurid picture about what the telepath would probably end up picking up...

“Maybe you should ma’am” he ‘agreed’ trusting her mental mojo to guess exactly what he was finding funny about the idea.

A glimmer of intrigue flashed in her eyes as she raised her brow inquisitively, “Maybe I should...” Emily took a step towards him, removing a great deal of the space that kept them apart, “You’ve got quite the active imagination. I’m not sure exactly what you’re encouraging me to do. Perhaps you could explain.”

“Ma’am” he replied, with his smile quirking up at one side, “If you don’t know what people get up to in unassigned cabins late at night then I sure as hell am not going to be the one to tell you” he joked, at the same time willing to bet that any half betazoid got to know those sort of things before they learned how to drive... let alone half betazoids with legs like hers...

“I was raised on Vulcan. We’re a little bit more sheltered and a hell of alot more proper.” Emily shrugged.

“Wow,” he replied, actually thrown again by the very thought that there really was a chance that she was....Obviously it was different again for Andorians, with their reproductive maturity coming late and therefore an almost cultural tendency toward casual liaisons in young adults, but the lass was in her mid twenties and three kinds of gorgeous for a pink-skin, surely at the academy at least...

It was only after that thought occurred that he guessed she had to be teasing, there was absolutely no way this girl got through Sec training without at least being aware of what happened when there was a sock hanging on the doornob.

“Really?” he asked anyway.

“Again with the unclear question,” Emily said with a raised brow, “I can’t answer a question that you aren’t asking. Are we still talking about Carpathia...or if I’ve wrapped these legs around someone before?”

Okay so she wasn’t only capable of lifting thoughts from his mind, she was more than capable of putting them there.. and that was quite an image...all made worse by the darkened room, the way the nebula was casting its light across her skin and shining in her exotic eyes...

“I think probably ma’am” he replied, reminding himself (with some difficulty) that said image did indeed include a girl young enough to be his granddaughter.. “we probably ought to be talking about Carpathia” he said

“Good answer,” Emily grinned, their dialogue bringing out the fire in her voice as she took a step back, “I thought for a moment you might actually have been thinking about us, and a bed...or the wall...or was it the chair?” She shrugged, “I’m glad we’re on the same path though. I wouldn't want to wear you out, or insult you. No offense, but as you keep reminding me when you so loudly remind yourself, I am young enough to be your granddaughter.”

Tybalt smiled again and nodded an acknowledgment, and in doing so restrained himself from pointing out that he still passed all the fitness tests for his place in the Force recon specialists, and still managed to keep both of his two wives happy even at his age. Instead he did turn his mind to the Carpathia problem and let her in on the plan he had been bouncing around but wasn’t now going to be here to sort, “My thought” he told her, “was that rather than try and find the possibles and hope to catch them out I’d try and get them to come to someone I put in place”

“One of my marine officers is a smart sort I was going to ask them to make a show of being disgruntled and then deliberately let them get into a position that would help a possible takeover. Then if someone else was plotting they would hopefully make contact with the hopes of recruiting...”

“That is rather genius,” Emily nodded her head, “I’m sure I can offer a hand in this deception.”

The officer I was going to use is probably coming along with us now” Tybalt related, standing a little straighter from the still unexpected compliment but with a tone of apology in his voice because she wasn’t getting things quite that easy, “so you may have to use one of your own?” he suggested, “maybe Lieutenant I-have-a-death wish and like to argue with the boss in briefings?”

“I”m sure we could ask him.” Emily winced, “Although I’d rather punch him.”

“Yeah you wanted to punch me earlier” Tybalt smiled, “now look where we are” he teased, looking around the dim room and its starlit bed..

Emily laughed, “Oh my god....you ..” She shook her head, “When was the last time you had sex. Do you think of anything but that?...Do andorians have the same parts...” She flushed, realizing she’d externalized the wrong part of her thought process, “Anyways, I’ll talk to him.”

Tybalt laughed himself, actually quite used to that question, “Last time I had proper sex was decades ago” he told her, “before our Ch’te passed” he explained, managing to mostly keep a straight face, “since then it’s just been a lot of playing about...”

“It’s not sex unless there’s four of you” he explained, “anything else doesn’t count”

“And yes, mostly... just bigger and longer” he insisted, with an even bigger smirk, leaving out the gritty details of ovipositors and all the complications of four genders.

“Okaaay,” Emily put up a hand, “I think our conversation is heading into moving below the belt and...” She stopped, “A decade? Four...”

It wasn’t even somewhere she wanted to go. The harmless conversation she’d gotten herself into was definitely not harmless anymore. She’d started off wanting to seriously maim the tall blue marine and now she wanted to...

“Are we done here?” She said, shaking her head, “Is there anything more to cover?”

“Unless you really want to know how I keep both my wives happy, or what exactly doesn’t count, probably not” Tybalt offered, still smiling, quietly extremely amused to have thrown her like this in return for all the times she had thrown him, “and I do have some squads to sort” he admitted.

“So, um, congrats on the promotion ma’am” he finished, “and I’ll see you when we get back”

Emily offered her hand, “Thanks I guess...” She stopped mid motion, after digesting what he’d just said, balled her fist and drove it up towards his jaw, “You sick bastard. You think it’s funny hitting on me when you have two wives?”

It was a good hit for a lass her size, even taking into account the vulcan blood in there, but it started too late to really have all her bodyweight behind it, and that jaw was anything but glass. “Ma’am” he replied, very much not hitting her back, nor taking the time to explain just how serious he was about 'not counting', “luck with the ship eating slugs” he said, just as if she hadn’t just socked him one.

Then he finished the sentiment by stepping around her and heading out the door.

“Coward...”Emily said under her breath.

----------------------

Jp :
Emily Star, Chief Sec Tac
Tybalt th'Idran, Senior Marine NCO

Back to top Go down

Post  Harper on Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:23 pm

"Holy smokes batman a Vulcan and me agreeing never thought I was see the day. Can some one check if the worlds ending? Anyone? No no one" added Danno.

"Ms. Star, I see what you are saying and I understand." He looked over at the Marine and then back at the Security Chief. "I don't think that you will have any problems from the majority of the Marines. They have their officers to control them. As far as Master Sergeant Tybalt is concerned I know him on some level. Once he makes his mind then its made up. I wouldn't question his loyalty." He turned to the window and stared at the nebula for a brief second as he contemplated what he was to do. It was important for the crew to know that he was in command but also that he was open to ideas.

Turning he walked over to the Chief of Security and Danno who happened to be sitting next to each other. He laid a hand on both of their shoulders. The hand on Emily's shoulder was soft and respectful where as the hand on Danno's was hard and painful. "Ms. Star, you will stay on the Redemption. Loki will need a good XO while we are away. I want you to take that spot." His eyes then fell upon Danno. "As for you Mr. Luthor, I suggest you take lessons in tactful approaches to conversation. It seems to me that you have too much time on your hands as well. So You will be assuming the responsibilities of the Chief Science Officer until I find someone else to replace you. Those responsibilities will be added to your responsibilities in the Engineering Department. Speak to Commander Loki about those slugs that we have on the hull after this meeting."

Apparently Danno didn't know when it was a good idea to stop talking so he said, "But Sir Blue makes me look fat."

Durshal never replied to that he just gave him a pointed leave now look. Danno not being totally oblivious took the warning and left. He saw Star having a conversation with th'Idran he decide to hang back a little and watch where this was going, he did not trust Vulcans they pretended to have control over their emotions to be about logic but they are more cruel and dangerous than most any race, Klingons live by Honor very strict rules in that Romulans were sneaky and you never were quite sure where they stood with them but that in it's self made it easier to read them. Cardassians very similar, but Vulcans seem like they are on your side until their logic tells them they shouldn't be and you can never be quite sure when that will happen. And when they attacked they were cruel emotionless they would hit where it hurts the most and they did not relent. His spying and musing were interrupted by his combadge going off.

=/\=”Doctor Loki to Lieutenant Luthor. I just sent you my current analysis of these space slugs and I think... they’re attracted to our nacelle emissions. Take a quick look and let me know your thoughts. I’m on my way to the Bridge to test a theory. Loki out” =/\=

Danno pulled the file up on his pad he started to look them over as he replied =/\=I will look over them and meet you on the bridge=/\=

Danno reluctantly walked away from the pair and headed to the bridge his head going over the data in front of him her theory was solid with what little information they had. All they new for sure was the levels have been getting higher and they increased when we moved, with that being the only real data available it would be logical if it was the nacelle emissions.

I would like to get a sample of these slugs to look at but how Danno thought.

Before he new it he was standing on the bridge, he looked around not seeing Loki yet. "Lt Hatter has Cmdr Loki arrived yet? and have you noticed any thing about these bugs?"

He looked Hatter over she looked worn out their were slight bags under her eyes she was titchy like she was running off to much adrenaline at least, "Hatter are you alright how long have you been awake for I normally do 2 or 3 days but that's because I am weird and I would recommend you leave before Dr Loki gets up here and sees you. She will not be happy and that women scares me."

<Tag Hatter and maybe Loki?>
Harper

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Star on Sat Jun 29, 2013 12:34 am

Emily was neither innocent when it came to men nor ignorant. She understood far too well the desires that ran deep in their veins. If she didn’t keep the barrier that disconnected her mind from those around her, she’d continually be prey to their vivid thoughts, wild fascinations and casual opinions on all things sexual. It was one of the reasons why she avoid them.

Don’t get her wrong, she’s wasn’t a sexist. There was a time when Emily hadn’t always avoided men. When she’d first joined Starfleet and was sent into the stars she’d been eager to engage in conversation with her crewmates, male and female alike. She’d made friends and, not long into her travels,  had become more than friends with a specific male in general..

That ended abruptly when Emily discovered that during moments of pleasure men often didn’t hold back on what, or who. they were imagining. Especially if it was her best friend. As a touch telepath her normal senses were tripled and after that awkward, very difficult to forget even to this day, situation Emily resigned herself to a single life.

“Star!”

The voice sent shivers down her spine, “Not in the mood Farill.”

“Em,” He ran in front of her and blocked her path, “We need to talk eventually. I know I messed up, but it's been two years and- “

“Almost four,” Emily countered, side stepping around him, “You really think I’m going to believe that you requested a transfer all the way out here because you hurt my feelings?”

He grabbed her wrist, “Meld with me, probe my mind. Search every corner and see if you can find a hint of an ulterior motive. I swear, it’s the truth.”

“Is this why you broke into my room?” Emily growled, wrenching her hand away which caused her to almost scream in the process. The hand she’d punched Tybalt with was bruised, swollen and slightly disfigured.

“What happened?” James Farill was a lot of things, but uncaring wasn’t one of them. The genuine worry in his voice threw her off, and she allowed him to take her hand to study the affected area.

“I got mad...” Emily said quietly.

“I pity the person who found out not to piss you off,” A small grin touched his lips.

“I doubt it even registered,” She shook her head, the anger causing her stomach to knot, “I”m out of his league and I’m pretty sure not even on his radar.”

“Ouch, I haven’t seen that expression for a while.” James smirked, “You must really like him.”

“He’s married,” Emily vomited out the word with disdain, “And he’s old enough to be my dad’s dad.”

“Experienced...”

“And he’s arrogant.” Emily added.

“Confident always translates to good in bed.”

“I hate him!” She growled, “And you’re not helping!”

“Am I supposed to be helping? ,” There was no way he believed her but he wasn’t going to say that, “Em, let me help you fix this.”

“I can fix it myself. I used to be a CMO, remember?” Her past position left a sour taste in her mouth. Thanks to that drunken night and Farill’s inability to keep his hands to himself, Emily had gotten herself demoted and banned from the Red Feather bar.

“Now look at you, you’re still kick @ss and giving orders,” James shook his head, “It’s your dominant hand. You aren’t going to be able to repair it without trouble. You know that.” He cut off her argument with a raised brow and a tug towards the turbolift.

“James...”

“Now there’s a start! Stop calling me Farill,” He hit the button to call the lift, “I’ve seen you naked, that breaks down any professional barrier.”

“I’m your Chief,” Emily shot out, “You will NOT tell anyo-”

“Relax Chief,” He motioned for her to enter the lift that had just slid open, “Our secret, I promise.”
Emily Star
Chief Tactical Officer
Chief Tactical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:58 am

Picking the two squads to go with the away mission should have been an easy enough job, the issue came when the CO specifically asked for the ‘best’, which in turn meant that egos were going to get involved, not least of which because again the self-same CO was using the veteran sergeant as his spokesperson rather than going through the company officers.

With the Inclusion of Kaine there at the meeting that shouldn’t really have been an issue, there was no call at all for anyone to feel bypassed when their most senior marine was privvy to the planning even before the briefing. However said Senior marine was doubling as the ship’s XO and therefore hadn’t had as much time as anyone would have liked with his company officers, some of whom had still been surprised to learn he had family aboard when that had come out this morning.

So the butterbar from third had his nose out of joint and was trying to fight off his surging inferiority complex by insisting that one of his squads definitely qualified as the ‘best.’ maybe that wouldn’t have been a problem either, the squads were even enough, but the issue came with the fact that said squad was led by the youngest sergeant, Sgt Reynolds.

Initially Tybalt had been half-inclined to take her along anyway, to prevent any possibility of her causing trouble here. He had only squashed that idea when it had occurred to him exactly what DUshall would do to a misguided young sergeant who chose blood over logic... or a traitorous mutineer as it might otherwise be seen. At least if she did do something rash here there would be a brig to contain her in and a procedure to be followed... rather than simply the sharp edge of some steel and maybe a shrug.

None of which were the sort of reasons that Tybalt could actually voice to either Reynolds or her OC, accusing any marine of disloyalty wasn’t something easily taken back or fixed with an apology and accusing your CO of being able to cold bloodedly execute someone for simply making a bad choice wasn’t exactly the sort of thing you spoke aloud.

So instead Tybalt used all of his learned powers of officer persuasion to make sure that not only was that squad left out but the young officer who indulged its sergeant was separated from her and she was moved to some admin duties away from where she might suddenly find herself in possession of an armed squad willing to obey Carpathia’s personal order from the runabouts.

All of this was helped by one of the Company officers very quickly, and rather unexpectedly, spotting what he was trying to do and backing him up from an oblique direction, as well as finding the time when the others were being too loud to overhear to very quietly promise to keep an eye on things so they didn’t have to get the gold-bellies involved.

Which frankly was the worst case scenario as far as Tybalt could envisage, being sure as it would be to make Lieutenant Commander Legs even more... whatever it was she was... which in turn would probably lead to more ‘jaw-ache’....and... whatever

"Just a kid" he reminded himself, ignoring how the comment didn't even ring true to his ears

So Tybalt got his choice of squads, and the inclusion of a very capable officer and the absence of some less solid others... all in the scant time they had before being required to report to the yacht for berthing.

For its part the yacht turned out to be one of the upsides of the whole mission, it very clearly hadn’t been designed with bootnecks in mind and even if they were turning one of its cargo areas into a rack-room they still found themselves in comparatively luxurious surroundings.. and with replicators that weren’t yet bootneck savvy.

“No Brick” Tybalt ordered as he walked past the marine already ordering up some grain mash and a few select lengths of copper tubing, actually a little disappointed to see that the marine hadn’t first checked to see if there was real alcohol on offer through the machine, but in turn unaware that said marine actually preferred the taste of his homebrew moonshine. “Get back to it” Tybalt continued, sending the marine back to his duties carrying their kit boxes aboard.. all those things that marines on deployment liked to have but couldn’t be replicated... like grenades.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:43 am

| Gym, Marine Country
| USS Redemption – A

Wrapping her hands with bandages she nodded her dark head to the beat of the music she had playing in her ears, clenching her hands into fists before relaxing them to get the wrappings sitting just right she stepped up to 'Claude'. She blocked out the other marines who were focusing on their own work out routines, finding that calm, settled place inside.

For her this was her meditation, this was the method she used for centring herself. After a long case in theatre this was where she came to relax, to unwind her mind and workout the tension in the dense muscles along the back of her shoulders and neck. This was where she came after someone had royally cheesed her off, she had learned her lesson the last time she had struck someone she shouldn't have, so instead of breaking the person bugging her she took it out on 'Claude'.

Hitting from the shoulder she threw everything she had at her target, the punchbag swaying as she struck it in a series of powerful blows that would have taken out a normal person. She changed things up alternating between knock-out punches and devastating knee strikes.

At a little over five foot it could be forgiven for someone mistaking her for the easy target, and upon hearing that she was a doctor some might think her weak but anyone watching her, dressed in short shorts and a little sports tee, her muscles tensing as she moved laying into the punchbag with expert finesse it would be an idiot that still underestimated the short woman.

While she might be a medical officer she wasn't an ordinary medical officer who treated the day to day injures and sicknesses that the crew of the ship suffered from. She was marine and on top of that she was a fully fledged Force Recon marine who had gone through the same rigorous selection course as the marines she lived and worked with.

For her normal injuries included a variety sustained in the gym from pushing their bodies too hard and from the arduous training exercises and drills they lived their lives by. She didn't think twice about sticking her hands into someone's guts to stop them bleeding to death, she didn't think she reacted to the situation and did whatever it took to keep that marine alive long enough to get them to a proper medical facility.

Working up a nice sweat she swore as the yellow alert went off bathing the gym in a sickly, flashing yellow colour. Aware that it wasn't the red of an imminent attack she still jogged through to her locker, dodging the other marines heading for their own gear, all the while stripping out of her gym gear.

Tossing her shorts and t-shirt into the bottom of her locker she quickly pulled on her tactical gear, stamping her feet into her large black bottoms and tying the laces before pulling off the wrapping from around her hands.

Pulling the straps of her carbine tight to her chest she scooped up both her large medical kit bags and made her way down to the launch bay where one squad was already piling into the back of the cramped shuttle while 'Ice Queen' one of the marine pilots known for being a BQH but an excellent pilot, and her co-pilot started up the engines.

Bumping shoulders with the other marines she settled into the tight space to await further orders. Inevitably as time passed and it became obvious that the continuing yellow alert meant they weren't going any where fast. Someone pulled out a pack of cards and a poker game started up.

Dropping her bags at her feet Beth gestured to 'Peaches' for him to deal her in “don't use any of that Hoodoo you do” he threatened playfully.

She just grinned as she accepted her cards from him “I wouldn't even dream of it” she assured him taking a quick glance at her hand.

As she won her second hand, pulling a royal flush out of nothing, and to calls of “witch” the stand down order came over their comms. With it being some sort of ship hungry space slugs attacking them some wise person further up the chain of command gave the order for them to stand down and return to what they were doing.

“Typical, hurry up and wait” one of the marines groused getting nods from the others.

“Yeah they could have stood us down quicker, then I wouldn't be polishing Voodoo's boots for the next week” Peaches grumbled. The south Georgian had seriously thought that Beth had been bluffing and had gone all the way with her, sure that his hand was the superior one, only to find he's been played like a worn fiddle.

Beth just grinned and scooped her bags back up and filed out of the shuttle with the others. Back in marine country she headed over to her locker and started restowing her gear only to be informed that there was an actual mission pending and that she had been ordered to join it.

Rolling her eyes at the news she picked her bags up again “hah nay luck Voodoo” came the heckling as her squad mates all sat around one of the tables to continue their poker game.

Back to top Go down

Post  Hatter3127 on Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:54 am

Lt Hatter has Cmdr Loki arrived yet? and have you noticed any thing about these bugs?"
"Loki? You mean the Doctor right?" Jess looked about the bridge just to be sure. [color=#6633ff]"No I've not seen her since I came on board Lt. I have noticed on thing about these bugs though. Something right up the street for your guys. I've been playing with our warp signature, trying to throw our persuers off. Now there seems to a few moments when the new signature pattern is forming where the bugs seem to become... Well the become more fidgety than they were. Only thing is I can't seem to be able to get any of fluctuations to stick..."[/ color]
He looked Hatter over she looked worn out their were slight bags under her eyes she was titchy like she was running off to much adrenaline at least, "Hatter are you alright how long have you been awake for I normally do 2 or 3 days but that's because I am weird and I would recommend you leave before Dr Loki gets up here and sees you. She will not be happy and that women scares me."
Lt (Jg) Hatter looked around at the enginering Lt. before answering his question. "I really wanna get this done..." She started but saw the concerned look in Luthors eyes before continuing "Ya know, this simmulation has another 45 minutes to run. You hold the fort for 20 minutes while I go get my self a cup of something warm and brown." Jess smiled as best she could before making her way off the bridge, down the turbo lift.

Executive Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:46 am

| Turbo lift
| USS Redemption – A

Humming to herself she waited for the turbolift doors to open while wondering if this was just going to be another chance for her to sit around wasting the afternoon or if they were actually going to be stepping off the ship. Just because she'd been told there was a real mission happening didn't mean that it wouldn't be scrubbed at the last minute.

The doors opened and she spotted the two gold bellies standing inside, for an instant she contemplated waiting for the next one, especially when she saw the pips on the dark haired woman's collar. It was well known that the head honcho in security had it in for the marines and especially their head NCO.

It was also rapidly becoming known of her disrespectful and dishonourable manner in the briefing room when talking about said Master Sergeant. Tybalt was big enough and old enough to deal with her on his own but that didn't mean that she had to like the woman.

Adjusting her grip on her two large med bags she stepped inside the lift. Giving her destination she looked at the indicator that showed where they were as the doors slid shut.

She surreptitiously watched the man and woman noting the tension between the pair and idly wondering what the cause of it was. Maybe they had had a lover's tiff. From what she'd heard she was probably a very difficult woman to get to know and live with. Or maybe he had just messed up her coffee order and forgotten the donuts.

TAG: Star

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:12 pm

| Turbolift
| USS Redemption – A

James Farill wasn't one to allow silence while standing in a turbolift with two quite attractive women. One of which he'd yet to acquaint himself with, “Hi,” he offered, a simple yet direct greeting, “I haven't seen you around these parts.”

Beth raised one eyebrow “that's not exactly an original line” she teased “I just got on the ship last week with all the other Bootnecks that have infested your ship”. She watched him for a moment assessing his motives before inclining her head a touch “I'm first Lieutenant Moondark” she said by way of introduction.

“You say infesting, I say livening up this place a bit. A Starship with Marines is far more exciting than one without,” He offered a smile, “James Farill, one of the few in Security who is excited you're here.”

She smiled, her gaze sliding over to the one security person who probably hated having them there the most, “glad someone likes us”. “We come with a whole range of benefits, there is always a poker game somewhere, you'll always find someone willing to talk about girls and or relationships and someone who can perform a chest drain insertion with a hair clip, a straw and a pen knife” she added with a flash of a smile as she looked back at him.

Emily hadn't missed the connotations aimed her way. She didn't have to read a mind when the body language and tone of voice spoke loud and clear, “In our century,”Emily added, finally speaking up, “A procedure like that is rash and unnecessary. We have tools that can perform the required surgery without a straw.”

“She speaks!” James exclaimed, hoping to cover over her comments, “Ignore Miss Star, she's a medic who thinks inside the box-” He went quiet, “I mean, Chief Star.”

Beth looked at the dark haired woman again “and what happens when you are stuck behind enemy lines with no hope of a resupply and your sterile equipment runs out or your medical kit takes a hit from an enemy round?” her voice had turned serious “then what do you do when the marine you are treating needs a chest drain to clear the blood out his pleural cavity so his lung has room to inflate?”

It was all well and good knowing how to use shiny modern equipment when you had it or when you were in a fully stocked and working sickbay on a ship but you weren't much of a trauma doc in Beth's opinion if you couldn't think outside the box and know 'old-fashioned' techniques and remedies when you didn't have any of that stuff.

“Why would I be in that kind of a situation?” Emily raised her brow, “In all my years in the fleet I've only once been in a situation where I didn't have my tools and even then, I made due without a straw.” A small smirk touched her lips.

“Organization does wonders.”She offered.

“Is that why you wear gold?” Beth asked fully aware she was hitting well below the belt and not caring all that much about it. It was unlikely she was going to ever be working closely with her so Beth didn't much care if she annoyed the woman who already hated her because of the colour of her collar.

“You might never be in that situation but I have been and might well be again, I carry two med kits with extra gear in case something goes wrong with my primary set, I check everything before I go and even stash extra stuff like sterifields and laser scalpels in the gear of my squad-mates to lessen the effect of losing one of those bags” she clenched her hands around the handles of her bags a little tighter, hefting them slightly to back up her words.

“But unexpected sh*t happens and I have learned how to do without that which others rely on, that makes me the sort of doctor my fellow marines want fighting alongside them”.

“Shut up Farill,” Emily said with an honest smile, “No need to get all edgy. I'm not going to say something I'll regret later.” She added, “I'm not one to judge someone before I've met them, neither am I one to let my temper flare at the slightest disagreement.”

Emily wasn't the fondest of Marines, but if she truly hated them would she have diffused the tense arrival, allowed them free access to the ship, taken Tybalt to the CO. Tybalt Her cheeks flushed at the memory of what had occurred between them and the mockery he'd made of her attraction to him.

“However my good opinion once lost is lost forever, towards the one whose actions I disagree with, not the whole entire group they belong to.” Emily quickly added, “And I wear gold because I lost someone very dear to me, and I couldn't set foot in sickbay for quite awhile. So I was offered a change.”

Beth inclined her head again slightly “I am sorry for your loss” it was sincerely said, she might not like what she had heard of the woman, nor the way she spoke of her opinion of meatball surgery but that didn't mean she wish the woman's loved ones dead. She hadn't done enough to annoy Beth that much, yet.

Emily nodded her head, accepting the sympathetic comment, “Thank you.”

“Awww, now we can all be friends,” James cut in, “Although after seeing your flushed face whilst exiting the room with the Marine Com -”

Emily stomped his foot, “I believe we're almost to our destination.”

“Is your knuckle still swollen?” James countered, nursing his sore foot, “Maybe she can take a look at it.”

Beth wondered at what Farill was going to say, who was he talking about? Was the Colonel having a thing with this woman or was something else going on? It was almost like being witness to her own soap show. Though she didn't know Star anything like well enough to query more.

Her ears did pick up at the mention of Star having an injured hand. “I can have a look at it for you if you want” she offered “or sickbay isn't that far away” she added in case the woman didn't trust her doctoring skills.

Emily held out her hand, “its either bruised, or lightly fractured.” She shrugged, “An easy fix.”

Beth took one look at the shiny skin stretched over the middle of her hand that was starting to turn a lovely shade of purple and knew that it was broken, to what extent though that was the question of the moment.

Dropping her bags to the deck she gently took Star's injured hand in in her left hand she tapped on the computer screen of her tactical computer strapped to that wrist. Her's was modified to have a medical tricorder built in so she didn't need to worry about looking at both screens during a fire fight. She watched as the results of the quick scan proved to be right “it is fractured but its not complete and luckily for you not displaced” she said looking up to catch her eye “who'd you hit?”

It was a type of fracture she often saw among her marines who had hit someone, or something, hard enough to break the middle metacarpal of their hand. Usually in civilians it was their fifth they broke because they turned their hand just before they hit, they just didn't know how to hit right.

“I can fix up the fracture now, will only take me a few moments the swelling would take longer but an old-fashioned bag of ice would do the trick” she offered a half smile as she spoke.

“If I could avoid a trip to Sickbay, I'd be grateful.” Emily's answer was honest, and offered in a far more mellow tone.

The doors to the turbolift finally opened.

“Well, ladies.” James said with a grin, “I'm going to go get my toe looked at.” He waved and exited the lift.

“I'd have hit him, but my hand already hurts enough.” Emily said with a quiet chuckle, “He's quite the loud character and what comes from his mouth is rarely guarded.”

Beth released her hand and crouched down beside her bags to pull out one of the osteogenic stimulators from inside the bag, it would repair the crack in the bone though it would take a few days for the bone's own remodelling to make it as strong as it was before hand.

She gestured at the deck “take a seat, this won't take long, anything I should know about your medical record that might make this more difficult than it should be?” she asked as she knelt down once more taking Star's hand.

She nodded her head towards the now closing lift doors “a friend like that can sometimes make you feel better with his unguarded words” she wrinkled her nose slightly “and hitting people can usually get you into trouble” she added speaking from experience.

“My medical records?” Emily thought for a moment, “Nothing pertinent to my hand.” She shrugged, “And my half-breed physiology isn't that different from humans, so its not really important either.”

Emily held her hand still and watched the brunette work, “Thank you. I know you don't think much of me, and that will only be amplified I assume when you find out whose jaw did this.”

She switched her gaze from Star's hand to her eyes for a moment before turning back to running the stimulator over her hand. She shrugged one shoulder “this is not your typical situation, maybe we'd have gotten off on a better foot had everything been right with the world and we had arrived on ship in a normal fashion” she suggested. Who was to know how she'd have gotten on with the woman in gold if things hadn't worked out the way they had.

Maybe they'd have fallen out over the cute Farill instead.

“You should still get someone to check on this tomorrow” she warned her “just in case it hasn't taken or the soft tissue damage is worse than it seems, I can't guarantee I'll be back”. She switched off the stimulator and placed it back in her back.

She pulled out a thin, blue plastic packet no bigger than her own hand and snapped it a few times before giving it a shake “its a cold pack, in case you don't keep your own stash in your desk drawer” she held it out to Star before rescanning her hand. “I can give you something for the pain too” she offered.

“It's not that painful, but thank you.” Emily nodded, “I can keep an eye on it myself.” She added, “And you're right, if it had evolved differently then maybe it wouldn't be so strained. However, it is what it is. Can I ask a question of you?”

Beth closed up her bag before looking over at woman “sure, though I reserve the right to not answer” she added a half smile to soften her words. Just because she had patched up Star's hand didn't mean she was going to pour her heart out to the woman.

“Agreed,” Emily said with a nod, “How long have you known Tybalt?” Emily wasn't sure if using his name was appropriate, but she certainly wasn't using his rank.

Beth's eyes narrowed slightly “the Master Sergeant?” she wasn't sure she was comfortable with Star using his first name “we've known each other for four years”. Being the rank he was Tybalt was one of the first people she had met after joining his Company.

“Down girl,” Emily said, noting the narrowed eyes, “Look, we're in an oil and water situation. We're adjusting and we're going to piss each other off. That's a given. So I'm just going to jump right out and ask because you're the only person, so far, that I can ask about this. Is Tyba- the Master Sergeant an honorable man around women? I don't know how to take his comments and I sure as hell don't feel like hitting him again.”

“You..” Beth blinked a few times trying to get over the shock of hearing who Star had hit, it explained the broken hand. She moved to her feet “that was a pretty daft move, he's made out of ice” she scooped up both her bags “and he is one of the most honourable men you will ever meet and just...eww! Do you know how old he is? He was at Khitomer you know, and has two wives and..” realising she was babbling she shut her mouth with a snap of her teeth.

“I really better get going before they send the shore patrol out looking for me” she looked at the door really wanting to get out of a personal conversation with this woman about the blue skinned Master Sergeant.

“I'm aware of that...now,”Emily nodded, referring to the ice jaw and the two wives. Oddly enough his age hadn't factored into much when they'd been alone together. She offered her hand, “Thank you. I'm grateful and as awkward as you may feel I'm grateful for your insight.”

Beth shifted one of the bags to her other hand and accepted the offered one with a firm grasp “I get why you might avoid sickbay and if you hurt yourself in the future you can come find me” she offered trying to make up for being flabbergasted about her asking about Tybalt “I just..” she couldn't think how to explain her feelings “he's just a very close friend and um yeah” she said utterly managing to explain what she was thinking and hoping the other woman understood.

“Just if you come to marine country looking for me make sure you wave a white flag before stepping in” she joked, completely changing the subject as the lift doors opened at her own destination.

A JP Between Emily Star and Beth Moondark Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:13 am

| Captain’s Yacht
| USS Redemption -A
| JP: Tybalt and Beth

Beth, fresh from the assault shuttle down at the hangar deck, found herself walking into the very different surrounds of the Captain’s yacht, where the former had been deliberately stark and utilitarian this one was anything but, where the first had been designed to deliver bootnecks with the minimum fuss and maximum expediency this ship’s ‘boat’ was designed so that the captain or admiral using it could invite a dignitary aboard and match any planetary president for style. There were elegant, framed paintings on the walls, tasteful ‘softeners on the door openers and genuine deep pile carpets in some of the cabins.

Okay so a good amount of that was currently being rapidly cleared and packed by industrious Ops staff, and however well appointed the vessel was it was her engines that really made her suitable for this operation, but still it couldn’t have been a much more jarring shift if she had stepped from a klingon ship to a betazoid pleasure-liner.

“Ma’am” a familiar greeting cut into her musings, drawing her attention ahead to where a certain blue-skinned master sergeant had recently emerged from one of the rooms, her eyes met his for a moment, they exchanged a smile and a nod then she followed his gaze down to the bags she carried.

“Good” he insisted with a pleased tone in his gravelly voice, “you got any objections to setting up in a stateroom?” he asked. The ship, small as it was didn’t really rate a permanent infirmary, and what it did have was mostly concentrated on minor ‘ailments’ like hangovers rather than sucking chest wounds, but this mission wasn’t exactly the standard fare for the vessel and so apparently someone had decided something more complete might be in order.

Either that or standard marine compulsive preparedness (cough-paranoia-cough) was coming to the fore.

She looked around at the rest of the team passing in and out of the ship as they got it ready for the mission. She stepped to the side of the corridor to allow someone carrying a large painting to pass. “What are we up to?” she asked him, all she had been told was that there was a mission and to get her butt down here.

“We got a supply dump to hit or something?”

Being cut off as they were from their usually supply chain getting the things they couldn’t replicate became that much trickier. There were plenty of black market places out there in the ‘verse if you knew who to talk to and where to go. However a large part of that would be whether you were willing to pay the prices they might ask. It was one thing to be at war with the President because of his actions but another to give pirates the sorts of weapons that they would just turn around and use on innocents.

“Snipe hunt” Tybalt supplied in return, using a colloquialism for a search that had some pretty long odds of success and implied a certain.. futility to the effort. “A friend of Wood is MIA somewhere in the DMZ” Tybalt explained, using the term for the area that he had learned back when said border really had been between warring states. These days it was mostly courtesy that kept the area clear of significant military presence, but back then it had been oft-stretched treaty instead.

“Two marine squads and a Prime team” he continued, letting her know the forces they were taking, “Including the Colonel and the CO” he added just to make that clear, “medically however...” he offered, letting her know exactly whose shoulders that would be resting on.

“Great, that’s what I wanted the added pressure of looking after not only the Colonel but the Bossman too” she muttered, putting aside the location of the mission for the moment. It was bad enough dealing with injured people but those with ranks like that pair piled extra responsibility on the one treating them. “I guess I better get a look at their medical records before the off, just in case they have any weird allergies or something”.

“You’re coming too?” she asked looking up at the large Andorian. She wanted to check that he wasn’t just here overseeing the organising of the small ship before their deployment.

“And Dek’tor of the coffin-jocks” Tybalt replied, naming the marine pilot who would be Kaine’s effective 2 i/c on the op. “Star of the Gold-bellies was going to be along but she cried foul and got permission to stay with the Reddy” he added, somewhat unnecessarily, only aware after the words had escaped that telling Beth who hadn’t been included, or rather singling someone out in particular who hadn’t rather implied more than he really intended to.

To cover that he turned to lead her to the stateroom, now mostly bare but for a rapidly installed plastic decksheet and some equally blood-proof bedding.

She leaned back against the desk leaving the topic of a certain dark haired woman alone for the moment, her own encounter with the woman was fresh in her head. Instead she pulled out a padd and set about making a list of what else she might need to make the room the temporary infirmary it was selected to be.

Looking at the plastic sheeting she gave a half smile “who’s the hit on?” she joked moving to place her bags on the large desk in one corner of the room. She rolled her shoulders and turned, looking at what she had, and didn’t have, to work with. She shrugged “I’ve worked with less, at least it can’t rain on me in here and so far no mud”.

“Give us time” Tybalt replied with a smile that had fired up at her gangster joke, already picturing the state of the lovely carpets in the corridor after his squads spent a little time dirtside and came back. Likewise if they did need this room then he seriously doubted anyone would be worried about wiping their feet before they came in.

“If you’ve any personals we may be away a while” he warned in a more serious tone, not spelling out that the ship might well not be here if and when they returned for her. Aware that this posting had been intended for a decent duration many of the marines had brought items of personal value along with them on the shuttles, and it was only fair to spread the word that if they wanted to keep those then it was probably wise to bring them along... just as he intended to do with a certain little momento box mostly filled with family bits and bobs like a knitted mitten from his latest grandchild and some hardcopy letters from his wives. Being a recon marine you learned to live out of what you could get, and replicators when they were available but some things were special.

She nodded thinking there were a couple of things normally stashed in her locker, but she didn’t trust anyone who wasn’t one of them so she had left them hidden in the bottom of her thigh pouch where she kept a few of the medical necessities she like to have on hand.

“I better raid medical from some more of the drugs I’ve got if we are going to be gone a while” the narcotics weren’t available out of every replicator, most ships had limited their access to sickbay and only certain medical staff. “I’m sure one of the nurses can fill my order for me” she added not sure if she had full privileges in the ship’s sickbay or not.

“Everything else I should be able to get out of the replicator, including my coffee,” she added with all seriousness “or get from our storage.” The detachment had brought a fair amount of their own gear with them on the shuttles in the first place, mostly by way of weapons and things, Beth however had made sure to included extras of everything she might need while in the field.

“Get me a list of anything you need lifted as soon as please ma’am” Tybalt replied, appreciating how organised she was being, especially with the countdown to launch progressing at an increasingly stressful rate.

She tapped a couple more times on her padd before flashing him a smile and handing the padd out to him “everything’s on there that I can’t get out of that” she said pointing to the replicator in one wall “I would appreciate you getting someone to bring me the rest Papa” she added her smile grew as she watched him reading through the supplies she required.

Tybalt smiled at the name she called him, and again at finding ‘a cuddle’ playfully added at the bottom of her list. Ever since finding out that one of the women he had ‘known well’ back in the day was Beth’s maternal grandmother the two had gotten closer, with her serving as something as a surrogate for his family that he saw too rarely and him offering the same in reverse for her.. all started by a comment that “but for tricky genetics I could well have been your grandpappy”

She had even talked to his folks more than a few times over the coms, and likewise he had shared a joke or two with hers when they had come to visit her on base between deployments, more than a few of them having plenty of clearance to visit the secured site.

On duty and on operation the pair of them were nothing but dutiful, but the extra link had crossed a few of the barriers of age and rank that might not otherwise have been surmounted and off duty they had become close friends.

Still smiling he did give her the cuddle she asked for, tucking her head under his chin and his arms around her shoulders for a squeeze, albeit only briefly because of the hurry they were in,

Then it was back to the urgent press of getting the vessel ready for the imminent off.

Back to top Go down

Post  Harper on Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:35 am

Danno watched the Lt go before claiming her seat at the helm. He took in a deep breath having never flown a start ship before, he could recite the entire manual but to physically do it was another story hopefully he wouldn't have to move the ship.

Well it was quite he could use this time to look up some more info on these slugs maybe find away to test his soon to be Commanding officers theory. What he needed was to find away to test both theory's at once an item that would have a slow leak to see how they reacted with out the worry of dying if their was a mistake he added mentally. But with what Hatter might have found he should find away to fiddle with it so he could change the signature.

This might be hard just building a unit that could have a warm signature like that I could change could cause me to blow up the entire ship. Of coarse it would be so near to impossible to do with out running out of time dismantling the warp drive or killing us all that if it was any one else other than me they should not even consider it. But I'm me and I'm awesome so maybe. Be nice if I thought these simulations would help but we have no known info every thing we are doing it based on guess work.

James 'Danno' Luthor
LT
Acting Chief of Science
Harper

Back to top Go down

Post  Dushall on Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:59 am

When everyone had left the conference room there were just a couple minutes that Dushall had to reflect on the mission at hand. He knew that there would be more time later to go over the mission priorities but first there needed to be a clear outline of plan "A", "B", and "C". Hopefully if everything went well then everyone would be returning and the Admiral would be with them. A decent missions would encompass Wood's return with only a few casualties, a poor mission would involve massive casualties but Wood's return to the Redemption and an absolute worse outcome would be Wood's death and no one able to return to the Redemption.

In the past, he would undertake this kind of mission by himself. A high priority target behind enemy lines and being hunted by the most lethal and perfect designed fighting machines the leading power in the Galaxy had to offer. This was what he was bred for and having more people along would only complicate things and make it easier for the plans to fall apart. It shocked him that he just thought about it like that. That way of thinking was not something he had given into since the first year of the Andromedan war. In fact in the past years of service he had learned that having more people could make the mission more successful, still a risk but more successful. Maybe it was that the Admiral was his long time friend and he didn't want to risk the possibility of his ultimate demise. Or worse yet, maybe it was that he hardly knew the people that were going with him and he felt that any one of them could possibly betray him.

After leaving the conference room Dushall walked onto the bridge and over to his wife who was deep in thought over the space slug situation. He knew that on the bridge eyes were everywhere but he didn't care. This would be one of the most dangerous missions he would have to go through. True he had nearly lost his life on many occasions but to go against his brothers and sisters in the Shadow was a fear that he would hope would never have come true. He placed his hand on the small of her back and when she looked at him he stared for a second into her beautiful eyes. "I love you, Clara." He said before he kissed her gently. He turned and took the couple steps to the turbolift before he could hear what she had to say. He was concerned and he instantly regretted doing that when the doors swooshed shut. If anyone could read him it was her.

The turbolift stopped on deck 10. It was here that his daughter was in classes. He entered the ships little school room and saw his daughter playing with a friend of hers. When she looked at him she smiled and ran to him with open arms. "Daddy! I missed you so much!" He picked her up and held her tightly in his arms. Memories of her birth and the years past flooded his vision as he looked at her. "Princess, Daddy has to go for a little bit." Her face looked sad but she nodded at what he had to say. She was used to his work and disappearances and every time he had to leave for a week or more he thought that she would forget his face but so far that hadn't happened.

"But I will be back, I promise. Okay?" She nodded at his statement as a small smile crept on her face. "I'll miss you daddy." Those four words his home and if he wasn't who he was he may have likely started to let drops of tears form in the corner of his eyes. He thought it was funny how such a small and innocent person could have so much control over him. That with just four words she could force a stone cold trained assassin to drop his blade and give up the life he was leading. The only other person that had that power over him was Clara. "I will miss you too, Princess. You be good for mommy, okay?" After she nodded he stepped out of the room and headed to his personal armory.

His personal armory was a secret location on the ship that no one knew about. It was hidden in a fake wall that required his personal bio signature and access signal that was implanted into his nervous system. When he walked infront of the fake wall and was ready to enter he had to make sure that no one was walking in the corridor. Two holographic fields erected on either side of him and made him appear invisible if someone just turned the corner. He could see them from inside the field but they could not see him.

The panel would slide open and he stepped into the small closet opening. When the panel shut back he knew that the field was deactivated. The closet, or more like a coffin, type space was lit by a single red light. If you paid attention you might have felt a movement similar to the turbolift but just a little softer and more silent. In the matter of a instant the door slid open to reveal a room about the size of a living quarters living room. The walls on the right were adorned with weapons that he was very familiar with. Each of the unique in their own way for different regions of space. The wall on the far back was filled with different pieces of equipment that he would be able to take with him if the mission called for certain "specialties". Then there was the wall to his left.

This wall was special. Once Loki had asked him how many people he had killed in the line of duty. He brought her here and showed her this wall. It was his personal trophy wall. On this wall was a hundred prizes that each represented his top one hundred kills. Those assassinations that required every ounce of training and ingenuity to come out of it alive. Every piece on the wall was something that the person he killed held dear. It could be anything from a photo of a persons family to their most prized piece of art. The number one spot was left empty with a name plate on it he had just recently placed there in the past week.

He turned to the center of the room where his suit was adorned in a protective glass case. The suit was his baby. Personally made for him buy a scientist friend of his named Harper. He had only worn it a handful of times through the Andromedan war but not lately. He itched to wear it again and knew that if he was going up against multiple Shadows he was going to need it, or else he wasn't coming back.

When the Redemption was destroyed harper had to make him another suit. When this one came in he stored it right away not thinking to try it on. Now that he was trying it on he could feel that it didn't feel like the old suit. He pulled out his sword and tried a few combat maneuvers to get the feel for it and when he finally felt comfortable a message popped up on his HUD: "Hey Buddy," He heard the voice of his old friend. "Your probably noticing that the suit feels different then the original. No worries, I'm gonna tell you why. First off with all the new technology we got from the Voyagers return I acquired some new and interesting technology and thought I'd give it a try on your suit. First off I increased the power cells. They are just a little bit bigger in size but hold four times the power. Next I added in a exterior holographic projection system. So instead of having to have Doc Loki fix your ugly mug to be as handsome as me you could be just as lucky by just pushing a button. Everyone looking at you will think your me or whoever you wanna be. It works as well as for your attire. So instead of being that weird guy walking around in tights with a gold batman symbol on your chest everyone will see just a normal officer walking in a normal uniform that can last as long as you are alive. Part of the system now runs off of your own bodies energy. I made a improvement on the helmet. At your command the helmet will retract completely to your collar. That way if your HUD becomes damaged you can ditch it if need be. Another thing the strength and reflexes of the suit are also enhanced as well as the durability of it. Just don't go trying to dive into a star with it, okay? Well good luck buddy and until we see each other again I strongly recommend you think about adding a cape! Harper out." He could hear his old friend laughing.

He remembered when Harper first made him the suit. He had joked about how he looks like a old comic book super hero. Harper replied that at least he knew how to wear his underwear the right way and joked about how he was missing a cape. Dushall immediately replied that if Harper knew him better he would not be making a joke about him being a "Superhero". Harpers reply hung in his thoughts, "Not yet, Sir!"

Making sure he double checked the suits systems and once happy that they were all green he looked at the weapon rack. His sword was attached to his leg like a phaser holster. He figured that everything else he would need would be on the Captains Yacht. He walked to the closest mirror and looked at himself. The suit contoured to every muscle in his body. As he moved he could feel the tiny prickles of power as the suit enhanced his strength and reflexes in even the most mundane task. "It'll take a little getting used to again." He said as he closed his ball into a out of a fist. "Suit, activate hologram 'Dushall, Captain 1'." He watched as his suit was instantly replaced with the uniform of a Starfleet Captain. He turned around to make sure that the hologram was a continuous form and it was. Satisfied he left to make his way to the away team. He made sure to look at that empty space again. His hand touched the name plate. The name "Carpathia" etched into the gold placard.

When same upon the hatch that would open to the Captains Yacht he noticed that they were still loading the gear required for the mission. Since we weren't sure what situation Duchene was in they would have to plan for anything. Even, most likely, repairs to her ship. After he looked at the manifest he entered and saw the others gathered before him. "Good, Glad to see everyone is early." He walked past them and into the cockpit. Sitting down he looked at the monitors. =^=Redemption, this is the 'Salvation'. Captain Loki are you there? We are requesting permission to depart.=^=

<Tag Loki>

Back to top Go down

Post  Hatter3127 on Mon Jul 08, 2013 4:16 pm

With in 30 minutes Lt (jg) Hatter had returned to the bridge, feeling and looking refeshed. Jess had entered the bridge from the turbolift behind the command chair, and watched her counterpart from the science department working away at her console.
She slunk across deck 1 and walked up behind Lt. Luthor, looking at her console over his shoulder, before bending and whispering into his ear ""Comfortable Lt?"

<Luthor>

"Well either way, I wouldn't touch that any more. Best case scenario, you overload the coil interfaces somewhere in the nacelle pilons, both nacells spit from the main hull, we vent antimatter into space and we all die. Worst case, you frature the core interlocks, we vent antimater into the engine room, and we die... 6 seconds earlier than in the best case. Either way the enginering team are gonna be pretty annoyed, and being as this is my console, it'll be my @ss they're after..." Jess raised her eye brows tilled her head to the right and smiled magnamusly.

Executive Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:53 am

| Improvised Sickbay
| Captain’s Yacht

At 6'4'' and built like the proverbial tank you could be forgiven for thinking the hulking dark haired marine that walked into the stateroom, which had been turned into sickbay for this trip, was slow and lumbering. However he moved with a panther-like grace and Beth knew from experience that he was lightening fast in the sparring ring too.

While he might not particularly like his callsign he knew better than to let it be known how much he disliked it. That would only end up with him getting a worse one. It started back at boot when a very proud Mumma Kotsovos told the rest of his squad that he had played the lead part in nearly all the school musicals including playing a fairy at one point. Of course she never said it was an all male school and that his name had been pulled out of the hat.

Fairy was the main nickname being bandied around back then up until his squad-mates saw him dancing at a wedding with the woman who would become his wife and they settled on 'Twinkle Toes'. Of course he couldn't really complain since it did woo him his beautiful wife.

“Thanks Twinkle Toes” Beth offered a smile as he placed the last of the un-replicatable items she had asked for on the bed.

“No worries Voodoo, you need anything else?” he asked as he helped her to unpack and placed the various items where she directed.

Beth shook her head “nope that's the last of it, I'm good to go though I'm personally hoping to be stuck sitting on my butt the entire trip” she flashed him a smile as she looked around the room checking she had everything she might need.

Corporal George 'Twinkle Toes' Kotsovos spent the time familiarising himself with where everything was should he need to help Beth treating any patients. He was one of the field medics along for the ride.

With the news coming through that they were about ready to depart the pair of them headed to what passed for the messhall, now was the perfect time to fill their bellies before things got too hectic and their didn't have the chance to even think about food let alone eat.

TAG: Yacht buds?

Back to top Go down

Post  Harper on Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:05 pm

With in 30 minutes Lt (jg) Hatter had returned to the bridge, feeling and looking refeshed. Jess had entered the bridge from the turbolift behind the command chair, and watched her counterpart from the science department working away at her console.
She slunk across deck 1 and walked up behind Lt. Luthor, looking at her console over his shoulder, before bending and whispering into his ear "Comfortable Lt?"

Danno jumped at the sound behind him his hand slipping from where it was.

"Well either way, I wouldn't touch that any more. Best case scenario, you overload the coil interfaces somewhere in the nacelle pilons, both nacells spit from the main hull, we vent antimatter into space and we all die. Worst case, you frature the core interlocks, we vent antimater into the engine room, and we die... 6 seconds earlier than in the best case. Either way the enginering team are gonna be pretty annoyed, and being as this is my console, it'll be my @ss they're after..." Jess raised her eye brows tilled her head to the right and smiled magnamusly.

Danno laughed, "Naa I'm sure they would find away to blame me I get the feeling the captain doesn't hold me in the highest regard. So from what I have learned about these slugs is there is not enough info to make any judgment. We need to find away to gather more info with out risking to kill us all. I was thinking of trying to build some thing but I am not sure if their will be all the pieces I need to do this. But on different news you don't look like toilet any more." He finished with a smile.
Harper

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsey on Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:20 pm

[Catching up.  Sorry]

== USS Redemption ==
== Kaine's Quarters ==

It took all his training from the years in the Marines to evade the warpath that Lilly was currently on.  He couldn't remember a harder obstacle course than the one she set with the flying array of whatever she could get her hands on.  Kaine knew that she would take it hard... they had just arrived on the ship, tore out of the shipyard, hunted by every known ship in the galaxy and now he was going to go off and without her.

Kaine ducked at another vase sailed within inches of his face.

Not that he could blame her.  Deep down, he knew that it wasn't that she felt abandoned... no it was that Lilly felt like if she wasn't there to take care of Kaine, that no one would.

And that didn't even count how Calle would feel.  Nope, Kaine wasn't looking forward to that at all.

Lilly closed in on him and let out a war cry and threw herself over the couch that stood between them.  They went down in a heap behind the couch.

"You stupid stupid Marine!" she said as she snaked her hand around behind his neck and pulled his lips to hers.  Kaine's breath was taken away in the moment.  Damn, this woman is a firecracker!, he thought.

Kaine felt something wet on his face and realized that they were tears falling from Lilly's face.

"You better come back or I'll find a way to clone you and kill you myself", Lilly said.

This time Kaine remembered to wrap his arms around his wife and pulled her closer to him, feeling her body heat even through their uniforms.  "I pinkie promise."

Lilly laughed and sat up.  She was straddling Kaine's waist, so she leaned closer and punched him in the arm.  "Now is not the time to be making jokes, soldier boy." Lilly's grinned turned a bit mischevious and she began to slowly unzip her top.  "Too bad you aren't going to be here tonight... Calle is sleeping over at a friends house."  She ground her hips onto Kaine's pelvis. "But alas", she said airily, "You have to go looking for one of Wood's ex-girlfriends."

Kaine growled and grabbed Lilly and rolled over on top of her. "I have an hour until I have to report." She giggled and he helped her with her shirt.

==Captain's Yacht ==

In a new uniform, Kaine dropped his ruck into one of the first jump seats in the captain yacht. He checked his phaser at his side to make sure it was fully charged and then he checked the knives he had in his boots. Lastly, he picked up his rifle and checked it. If he could have put a quantum torpedo in his ruck, he would have.

Taking stock, he saw that Beth, Tybalt, Dushall's and the other's were already onboard. "We go for lift off?"

[tag others]
Ramsey
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:31 am

| Interior
| Captain's Yacht

For all its luxury there wasn’t actually a great deal of the yacht going spare once they had loaded both squads, the ‘prime team’ of officers and the people actually responsible for keeping the thing flying. Already the marines were bunking down in racks put together inside what had been one of the cargo bays, with the edges of that already full of other gear, while they weren’t actually reduced to hot bunking they weren’t far off. However for those who actually rated a room, rather than a share of the cargo bay, things got more complicated, and the issue of rank quickly reared up, ensuring that the senior officers were to be the least discomforted and then progressing down the way.

For example Tybalt was pretty sure that once beth got a squizz at the room she would be sharing she would decide instead to find space in the medical room for her own cot, probably citing something about being on hand.. but mostly the andorian reckoned simply reluctant to share recycled sweaty air with that many fleety folks.

Likewise there was no way that, even as the senior sergeant, Tyablt was going to rate much more space than it took to lie down in... so in the finest traditions of the service he was improvising. One reach into his personal kit bag and some judicious re-organisation of the stuff in the other cargo bay and Tybalt’s trusty hammock was ready to be slung across a corner with just enough space to make sure he wasn’t about to brain himself.

More to the point however he wasn’t having to once again put up with the questionable personal hygiene of two cramped squads of bootnecks or share his personal space with an officer of any description.

Not that he had anything against the officers chosen per se, barring the CO and his thousand yard stare, they were as good a bunch as ever he had served with, but experience had proven there really was no polite way to tell a superior that they snored like a pig and should never be allowed to eat beans again.

His gear was stashed into a handy space within one of the already stacked containers, leaving only his personal rig and sidearm to overflow, pieces he was more than happy to store into the improvised armoury, the guarding of which was his excuse for ‘needing to be’ in the other cargo bay in the first place.

Procedures and all that.

‘Properly’ squared away Tybalt did check the locks on the weapon crates and then finally went up to join the others in the increasingly rammed mess room, waiting for the off as he mentally tried to calculate possible travel times to the right area from the nebula they were hiding in.

"ready for lift off" The colonel asked as he joined them

"Think we're just waiting on clearance Sir" Tybalt replied

Back to top Go down

Post  Hatter3127 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:30 pm

Danno laughed, "Naa I'm sure they would find away to blame me I get the feeling the captain doesn't hold me in the highest regard. So from what I have learned about these slugs is there is not enough info to make any judgment. We need to find away to gather more info with out risking to kill us all. I was thinking of trying to build some thing but I am not sure if their will be all the pieces I need to do this. But on different news you don't look like toilet any more." He finished with a smile

"As compliments go Lt. I've heard better. But still, thanks. Guess I was more burnt out than I thought." Hatter said looking over Dannos shoulder at the helm console. "Listen, either way we need to get those things off the hull before the away team get back. However it goes, as soon as they get back I wanna move the ship outta here." And Jess had a think. "Look, why don't you check out what the load out of the shuttles we have too. Also, I'll see if I can't hack into the marines quatermaster listings. They aren't listed under the ships general cargo manifests. I know it's not standard procedure, but I'm sure the marrine corps wont mind once we explain that it's a do or die thing. You need any help building this doo dad, you let me know.

Executive Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Harper on Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:48 pm

"As compliments go Lt. I've heard better. But still, thanks. Guess I was more burnt out than I thought."Hatter said looking over Dannos shoulder at the helm console. "Listen, either way we need to get those things off the hull before the away team get back. However it goes, as soon as they get back I wanna move the ship outta here." And Jess had a think. "Look, why don't you check out what the load out of the shuttles we have too. Also, I'll see if I can't hack into the marines quatermaster listings. They aren't listed under the ships general cargo manifests. I know it's not standard procedure, but I'm sure the marrine corps wont mind once we explain that it's a do or die thing. You need any help building this doo dad, you let me know.

Clarissa walked onto the Bridge, walking in on the conversation that Lieutenant Hatter was having with the very strange Luthor. Hatter’s doomsday prediction was not too far off the mark, but she shouldn’t have been spouting it off to someone who was from all looks of it, was running just a simulation. But she less inclined to pursue any of that course of disciplinary action towards Hatter and was rather more interested in Lieutenant Luthor’s statement about building something. She didn’t like “something” she wanted it to be more concrete.

“Build what, Lieutenant? We aren’t fully stocked with our lego supply.” She raised her eyebrow. “Have you looked at my report and do you have anything to add?”

Danno turned around startled to find his current Captain behind him, so he did what he does best. He started off with a joke, “Ooo lego, I love lego I used to build scale model replicas of all the ships in the federation past and present.” A look from Loki returned Danno to topic, “The problem is simple, we do not have enough data to make a strong hypothesis, I would recommend we either A) Catch one of the bugs and dissect it. B) Build what would be a mini impulse drive that we can change the signature of the emission... as LT Hatter said it seemed make a difference in how these bugs react. I guess instead of building something from scratch I could edit a shuttlepod. There is also option C) We do both, instead making the pod unmanned and LT Hatter can fly it from her console and at least you to help grab the bug thing. I would hate to guess and cause all of us to well die a horrible death.” When Danno was done talking he buried his head in his pad reanalyzing everything they had on the slugs, he sighed in frustration, real world problems were not quite as simple or as straightforward as the ones in textbook.

Clarissa sat in her husband’s chair and wondered why he liked it - it was uncomfortable. She shifted and finally stood. She pushed her hair back as she thought of the options before her. “These smaller slugs seem to feed off of us, but the bigger ones don’t. But the more the smaller ones attach to us, the less power we have at our disposal. I haven’t gotten an updated report on the hunting armada outside the Nebula since Captain Dushall departed.” She hinted blatantly and a security ensign quickly nodded and scuttled off to get the report for her.

She turned to focus on Luthor, “Get an unmanned pod out there as soon as possible. Make sure it emits a stream of plasma that matches our own until it’s safely away from the Redemption and then slowly alter the state of the stream. That will let us know if they’re simply attracted to our type of plasma or not. If the creatures big or small attack it, then it’s an acceptable loss but I don’t want it near the Redemption. Understood?”

Danno had to try hard to repress his sigh, “Yes mamm I will get to work on it as soon as I have the remote device built to change the plasma stream.”

She held out her hand to the Security Ensign who had the update on the search party, she read it and frowned. She pushed away the thoughts of the crew manning the Captain’s yacht and focused on their currently dilemmas. “Be quick, Lieutenant. We don’t have time to mess this up and get a second chance. We’re on borrowed time.”

“Of course, not like I am in a mood to die any time soon,” with that Danno looked over at Lt Hatter, “Lt come with me I could use your help with a few details.” Once the pair was in the turbo lift away from the acting Captain he said, “So I am thinking we possibly fly the shuttle despite what the acting captain said I mean the risk reward if we can get a genetic sample would be way higher, I need you to see if the marines have any thing or if there's anything on the ship that would let us grab a sample well they are outside the shuttle without getting out their with them. I am not asking you to come with me and disobey the captain I can do it solo just help me get this thing together I need to start work sooner than later. Can you help me?”

<Hatter>

JP
LT Danno Luthor
Acting Captain Clarissa Loki
Harper

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top