Episode 1: Coming Together

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Episode 1: Coming Together

Post  Clarissa Loki on Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:30 am

=^= This is Lt. Colonel Zethra Kaine, acting Executive Officer. All Department heads are to check their assigned areas and make a list of personnel that made it onboard. Department Meeting in 1 hour. That is all. =^=

Clarissa didn't want to go to this meeting. As she expelled a heavily annoyed sigh, she dismissed the EMH who was insisting that Loki and the rest of the medical crew refer to her not as 'EMH' but as "Mack." That was SO not happening.

She gave medical approval for several invasive procedures to initiate while she was away.

Several minutes later she quietly slipped into the meeting that her husband was just getting started. She didn't like seeing so many empty Senior chairs. She surmised that a few of them must be residing on one of her bio-beds. She looked up at the screen showing the various areas of damage they had sustained. She tilted her head downwards in silent respect for the injured she had worked upon; one in particular that she wasn't sure who were going to make it.

"I guess I'll start then. Medical is full to the brim with injuries ranging from minor lacerations to the head, arm or leg, all the way to several broken bones and in one case, an over zealous officer who had the ill sense to stop one of the intruders alone and without access to a weapon. She was tossed over a railing and is in stable, but extremely critical condition." She sighed, "There are other injuries, but they will be in my report for end of shift."

Chief Loki clasped her hands and looked up at Dushall. "Oh and in our sudden haste to leave space dock, we may or may not be missing about a quarter of my necessary medical supplies. I'll do what I can to get additional stock from the replicators... I wonder if they happened to stock them with leeches." She smiled lightheartedly, trying to lighten the utterly dismal start to their first meeting.

<tag anyone else at the meeting>

Last edited by Clarissa Loki on Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Clarissa Loki
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Allana on Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:21 pm

*--------- Allana looked at her PADD. She had been busy during the last hour, finding her room, changing into something more appropriate and then running an ad hoc meeting with whatever Operations Personnel were on board. Fortunately for her, out of her staff, only 10 were missing. Considering how they had left Mars, she considered this a minor miracle.

*--------- “Ops is set for now. I’m missing my Assistant Chief and our Quartermaster, but most of our duty officers were on board. I do have enough to run two and a half crews for a three shift interval. I’m going to cover two shifts each day and pull a rotation from the rest.”

*--------- Looking down the list of people who had made it on the ship, she noticed that many had secondary skilling. “Several of my officers are straight from the Academy. A handful of them have had the standard medical training. I could transfer those over to Commander Loki, if she needs them.” That would take her down to two full shifts, but that wasn’t something that couldn’t be overcome.

*--------- “Unfortunately, I’m not quite sure how some of them will take what has happened. I’m not even sure if I understand what happened. They are confused and rumors are already spreading from everything that we were trying to stop a warp core breach to Admiral Wood is trying at the head of a military coup to the intruders were shape shifters from the Gamma Quadrant trying to take over Starfleet.” She looked from Captain Dushall to Colonel Kaine. “What is going on sirs?”
Allana
Chief Operations Officer
Chief Operations Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:07 pm

| Tybalt
| Runabout Saragosa
| Somewhere out there...

"Top"

"Yup" Tybalt called back from where he and Reynolds were looking over the schematics of the latest build Sovereign classes

"I got a message back from the yards" the young marine supplied, "But its a mess" they warned

"Tell us what you got" Tybalt urged in reply, already resigned to having to operate on hearsay but willing to concede that any hint of what might have happened to the ship they were heading for might be important at this juncture.

"Thirty dead gold-bellies in an escape pod" the young bootneck began with something of a wince, apparently well aware of how bad the information was.. not least of which because of a certain amount of doubt that you could get that many people into a pod, "and a whole lot of worse" they said.

"According to my cousin an Admiral called Wood burned out of dock at full warp, firing on everything as he went" they continued, "but in the same breath she confirmed that there was no real damage, no big announcement and no alert sounded"

"The only solid fact they have come up with is that the captain of the [iReddy[/i] is someone called Dushall, and the senior Marine a colonel Kaine"

"That's not promising" Reynolds observed with a wince of her own, prompting a whole load of questioning looks. "Cain?... Able?" she supplied "first murderer? killed his brother? The Bible?"

"Okay" Tybalt gave back, finally able to connect a few of the dots to do with that strange Earther religion to do with sheep and ghosts; enough to know that it wasn't really relevant anyway. "Is that all?" he asked, turnign back to the marine who had gotten the message.

"That and the Reddy left a lot of crew behind who are now being fairly forcefully detained" the marine finished apologetically

"Thanks anyway" Tybalt replied with a sorrowful shake of his antennae topped head. "We'll see if we can't find some other back channels to confirm or whatever" he insisted, trying to sound hopeful as he mentally checked off almost all the ones he could think of as not really useful, or likely to send them swimming into even more of a authorisation quagmire.

Back to top Go down

Post  Clarissa Loki on Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:56 pm

Several of my officers are straight from the Academy. A handful of them have had the standard medical training. I could transfer those over to Commander Loki, if she needs them.”

Clarissa nodded her head in silent appreciation. "Thanks. I'll try not to drain your shifts and make them on call status if need be so that they can stay in their current duties and are dragged away only on necessary re-assignment. Hopefully that'll quell unnecessary overuse of their bodies." Shaking her hand, "I do have to agree with Allana's assessment though. The rumour mill is heaving and spewing great lies. Dushall, Kaine.. you two with the answers or at least ones that we can give that won't send a lynching squad to do Carphatia's job for him."

tag

Clarissa Loki
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsey on Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:16 pm

Kaine looked from Azure to Loki and then over at Dushall.

"Actually we are still looking for answers."

At the look on their faces, he continued."

"It's not like we don't have some of the answers, we just don't have all the answers. What we do know is this... at 0800 hours, the Redemption was, well, invaded for lack of a better term by security teams from the USS Thunderchild. They were in search of Admiral Wood's tricorder. We were able to turn the tables on them and fool the Thunderchild, Racine, and Warspite before they could open fire on us. Admiral Reynolds knew that the Admiral wasn't here while we still believed he was in his quarters."

Kaine paused before he continued.

"What we have estimated is this... Something was going down between Admiral Wood and Carpathia. Something happened to the Admiral but he was able to get the tricorder back to his room. Carpathia wants the tricorder and sent his lapdog Reynolds to retrieve it. We escaped, but weren't able to take on about 1/3 of our crew and most of our supplies. We also have the Marines that we will be picking up in just over 45 minutes. Ife we do not pick them up they will die. The fact of that matter may be that they have been ordered to shoot us on site."

Looking at each of the officers around the table, he continued.

"Captain Dushall and myself are prepared to take the blame for this insurrection. If any of you feel like this is the wrong course of action, we will get you and your loved ones to a safe harbor, no questions asked and no hard feelings. That goes for everyone on the Redemption. While I am usually for letting someone talk it over with friends and loved ones, we do need your answers now."

[tag all officers]
Ramsey
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post  Clarissa Loki on Mon May 13, 2013 2:03 am

"Captain Dushall and myself are prepared to take the blame for this insurrection. If any of you feel like this is the wrong course of action, we will get you and your loved ones to a safe harbor, no questions asked and no hard feelings. That goes for everyone on the Redemption. While I am usually for letting someone talk it over with friends and loved ones, we do need your answers now."

Clarissa knew that the statement wasn't meant for her. Her loved one ran the Redemption and they'd never been safe... never will be. To let themselves think that, well... that was just plain stupid. "Well, unless you're footing the bill here for ye ol' Capitain and his trusty doctor to live like Royalty on Risa... I think I'll stick it out here. Rumour has it, that we're in fairly capable hands."

The Doctor looked around the table, pretty sure the sentiment rang true. The younger officers looked wary, even scared maybe. This was a lot for them to take on, but it was also pretty much par for the course. If you didn't know you were being assigned to the Redemption and what it would entail or who Captain Dushall was... well, that was pretty much a fail in your life planning if you were planning on having a career with Starfleet. Or a life at all.

Besides, what was life if it wasn't worth living for? Clarissa mused to herself. *That should have been Starfleet's recruitment motto, 'You want to explore the universe, do it in style. Run for your life.... A lot. Oh and carry a phaser... and don't go down on an away mission if you're not a Senior member of the Bridge party...'*

"Now unless you," She pointed her finger towards Dushall as she pushed back her chair and stood. " have decided that family life on a starship really isn't your style after all and you do want to jump ship let me know. Otherwise, sirs... if you'll excuse me, I have to go try and save a life or two. And when the Marines come aboard, hopefully not with a shot to kill motive, get their CO to send their medical files to my computer." She nodded towards Kaine as she left and hightailed it back to Sickbay where she was pretty sure the greeting she was going to receive wasn't a pleasant one.

<tag>

Clarissa Loki
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Star on Tue May 14, 2013 9:02 pm

"Did you say they might be ordered to shoot on sight?" Emily Star said as she made her grand entrance, "It sounds like my kind of party."

Where had she been? Well if anyone could answer that it wasn't Miss Star. She remembered the random soldiers that had arrived, she remembered getting pissed off at them and then one of them clocked her with something hard and round.

That was her last memory before waking up in, what could best be described as a box. Thankfully she was a nimble half-breed and was back onboard the ship before it's rather premature departure.

"Sorry I'm late," She placed herself calmly in a chair, "I get the gist of what's been said though so no need to fill me in. "

<tag all>
Emily Star
Chief Tactical Officer
Chief Tactical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsey on Wed May 15, 2013 1:20 pm

[OOC – Moving it along; Our Marines need to go pee pee and are getting antsy. On a serious note, I do appologize for being inactive. Our 1 year old has been diagnosed with an autoimmune blood disorder that we are constantly checking out with the dr. It has been draining to say the least.]

== Main Conference Room ==

Zethra nodded with the sentiment of the Medical Officer and looked up at Starr walked in. The knot on her forehead was still visible and Zethra had more than a few butts to the head to let him know what happened. For the most part, the Senior Officers were with them… they just had to make sure that the rest of the crew was with them. Zethra was pretty sure that most would stick it out with them… Admiral Wood had hand-picked most of his crew. Some might object, but most would be onboard.

A timer sounded, indicated that they were coming up on the Marines. Zethra stood up and straightened his uniform. “I’ll greet them in Hangar Bay 2. Lt. Starr, if you could, round up enough security agents to join me down there… even if they are from other departments. I want to make sure that if this is an ambush, we quell it in the hangar bay. Otherwise, the rest of you are dismissed to see to your departments.”

Effectively ending the meeting, Kaine, picked up a pulse rifle from one of the weapon cache’s on the bridge and headed down to Hangar Bay 2. He wanted to stop off by his quarters and see Calle and Lilly, but there was no time. Hopefully, I won’t be shot dead before I see them again. That would totally suck!

== Out in Space ==

Dropping out of warp 10 clicks off from the Marines, the USS Redemption arrived at the pickup zone at the designated arrival time. Immediately a hail went out from the Redemption to the runabout.

=^=Runabout Saragosa. This is the USS Redemption. You have been cleared to dock in Hangar
Bay 2. Lt. Colonel Zethra Kaine will meet you there. Redemption out. =^=

The communication was cut off with no response available.

[tag Tybalt]

== Hangar Bay 2 ==

Zethra looked at the motley crew of security forces that had been arranged behind him. Motley wasn’t the correct term, but there was a mixture of red and teal mixed in with the gold of the security forces. Plus, there was to be an entire squad on the runabout and matching up non-combatants with marines but only having equal number was not really a recipe for victory. Of course, Zethra was hoping that it wouldn’t come down to shooting, but he never counted on hope.

He returned his attention to the Saragosa that was now entering the hangar bay. He wasn’t surprised that they hadn’t fired on the Redemption and really didn’t expect anything to happen until the doors opened. That craft wouldn’t have been able to support their trip back to wherever they came from.

Still, he was glad that Emily Starr had joined him there and he knew there was a team outside that was ready to blow the door if need be. Until he gave the order, the only way out of the hangar was through the cargo bay door. Every where else had been sealed.

“This might get a little interesting”, he said to Emily.

[tag Emily and Tybalt]

Ramsey
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed May 15, 2013 2:33 pm

| Runabout Saragosa
| Redemption Approach
| Space (The final... etc)

Being called to dock ahead of the others saved a lot of the most potentially awkward part of 'the plan' and went a long way to assuaging Tybalt's conscience about not cluing any of the officers in on what he was very much afraid of; namely that the only reason that they were being allowed onto the possibly rebellious vessel was so that the rebels in question could acquire the gear the Marines held.

That reassurance did not however stop the veteran marine from going through a little ritual that had seen him through the last six decades of service, namely pulling out a simple silver medallion attached to his 'tags and pressing it to his forehead in muted prayer.

Around him more than a few others did their own 'pre-jump' personal admin, faces increasingly grim as they set aside the last of their 'softer' sides and prepared for what might be their last moments.

"Take us in" Tybalt urged as the pilot looked back for a last moment 'go-no go' signal, before turning to the others within and giving a curt antennae topped nod.

That in turn set the other NCOs he still had with him to their tasks, checking first their own then their charges' gear, looking for those final little things that might blunt the effectiveness of their fighting force... a polite euphemism for getting one or all of them killed.

Unsurprisingly with these marines, nothing was found and thumbs were sequentially delivered upwards for the mute ready signal.

Just in time for the head of the runabout to sweep through the blue haze of the atmosphere shield over the cargo bay and the silence of space to give way in turn to the echoing reverberations of an atmospheric landing, low drone of blue impulse engines echoing off the interior walls.

"Gold-bellies in force" the co-pilot announced, "armed but not aiming" he declared; and that was it, the last moment to call it off, to try and make a run for it instead of brave the rakshasa's lair.

Instead Tyblat slapped his top, helmet, under his arm, drew as natural a smile over his face as he could, and led the first fireteam out of the shuttle down the ramp, into the bright white lights of the bay.

The smile only became a little more strained as he saw all the cases stacked for potential barricades against their assault, and the all too wary, equally hard 'war-faces' of the sec teams that stood so very close to at the ready.

In the center of them was a face he did recognise, a man he had shared a base with once or twice, and very deliberately looked up the moment he had gotten orders to this particular company, their Officer commanding, Lieutenant Zethra Kaine.

Smartly, and with the double foot-stomp of an older era, Master Sergeant Tybalt th'Idran stopped, came to attention and saluted the man who might or might not have given an order to kill every man-jack that stepped from the runabouts now queuing to land. "Sir!" he declared, handing over a Padd with their joining instructions, "as ordered Sir"

tag, Zethra, Emily

Back to top Go down

Post  Dushall on Mon May 20, 2013 2:08 am

As the officers handed in their reports Dushall was not surprised at the bearing with which they had maintained. They were all hand selected by the Admiral and himself. Each had gone through heavy scrutiny, from LtCol Kaine all the way to the Crewman Apprentice that carried messages. It took months to put As the officers handed in their reports Dushall was not surprised at the bearing with which they had maintained. They were all hand selected by the Admiral and himself. Each had gone through heavy scrutiny, from LtCol Kaine all the way to the Crewman Apprentice that carried messages. It took months to put together these people. He had only whished that more had made it onboard.

They were now renegades, outlaws to their own people, and traitors to their Commander-in-Chief. Maybe it was better, that most of the crew did not make it, their careers would definitely be better off because of it. But what were they to do? Where could they go? The ship was drastically unmanned and they were severely outnumbered. He let out a sigh as he brought himself back to the present and focused his thoughts.

Kaine did a good job of describing the situation and the details as to what happened earlier. Before he dismissed the meeting he wanted to get the crew heading in one direction. Before he started he activated the ships intercom system for the entire crew to hear. "Thank you Colonel Kaine." He patted the chair in front of him as he tried to think of what Admiral Wood would say to them. "We did not ask for this. We did not ask to be boarded or to be threatened. We asked to serve our government, to protect our home, to explore worlds never before seen, and to meet new species and discover civilizations."

He eyed each and every one of the crewmen standing before him before he continued. “Like the Colonel said. If there is any of you who do not want to continue then let us know and we will grant you safe passage to the nearest freighter ship heading into Federation space. I would not dare call any of you a coward or traitor. To those that stay let it be known, Starfleet will brand you a traitor and you may never see your friends or family back home. I promise you this though. I will fight till my dying breath to get to the bottom of this and to expose to the whole galaxy what happened and what is going on.

In order to facilitate your decision making process we will allow everyone access to the records of the attack, every conversation between Reynolds and myself as well as the actions taken by our crew and the boarding parties. Your choices are to be sent to me only and I will give further instructions when everyone has submitted their decision. Thank you all for your brave actions thus far, you know what needs to be done. Dismissed.”

As the crew left the conference room Dushall walked to the viewport. “We are in a real mess.”

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon May 27, 2013 2:27 am

| Shuttle Bay
| Reddy-A

As with everything on the Redemption-A hangar bay the marines were coming into still had that ‘fresh from the yard’ feel to it, and despite the efforts of the life support the lingering scents to match. The walls were pristine, without any of the indelible scuff marks or stains that they would pick up in the years to come, the air just slightly metallic with a hint of scorched metal from somewhere a yardy had been doing some last moment fusing.

Frankly however none of that was nearly so relevant as the people that were within the stark white and grey chamber, lit by its diffused ambient lights and facing each other with none of the familiar ease that this occasion should have had.

Marines and fleet security, both sets less than discretely armed and facing each other over barricades that only looked incidental, without any assurance that they still were on the same side.

That the blue skinned senior sergeant, in his green collared ship uniform and a utility harness, had saluted the ship’s acting XO didn’t help much either, even with that man wearing the same green collar, because only a few hours ago these same security people had been fighting for their lives against people who had worn identical gold uniforms to them.... there were even still bloody footprints on the bridge from where the ship’s captain had decapitated two gold uniformed ‘colleagues’ and tracked their blood across the carpets.

“Put your damn weapons down,” Emily growled as she made her presence known, “What are we going to do? Kill each other right here? Personally I’d rather see the day through, and I’m sure that you marines would like to get some rest after your flight.”

There was a moments hesitation, “Security, stand down. Don’t make me say it twice.” Security complied.Now all that was left were the marines holding their weapons, “Your call.” Emily prompted.

The voice dragged Tybalt’s gaze away from the officer in front of him and onto the striking brunette who seemed to be in charge of the gold bellies. The very first thing he noticed about her made him do a double take, twitching both his antennae to the lean, authoritative figure; because despite the growl the woman had the features and ears of a full-on vulcan... and last he heard they still neither growled, nor cussed. Could she really be a Rommie? One without the telltale sneer and bowl-cut and who had somehow gotten the Fleet-cop verbal slap down pat.

The two and a half pips at her collar and instant obedience of the potential opposition here marked her as a definite keypoint, but more than that her words made sense, there really was no point in turning this into a bloodbath if they didn’t have to, especially with him so damn far from any usable cover .

Tybalt used an almost universal open handed signal to order his bootnecks to copy her sec-boys and pointedly clipped his own carbine around to proper carry too, finally adding a nod of acceptance as it clicked home.

“Ma’am” he offered, “we weren’t, aren’t, exactly sure what reception we’re getting” he explained, hoping that someone, anyone, was going to fill in some of the glaring holes that was making the situation quite so Fubar before the only thing to do became the same shooting thing that they were now trying to avoid.

“I would assume you were used to it, nobody likes Marines much.”A small grin touched her lips, echoed by a wry one from the blue skinned veteran she was talking to, “Just kidding.” Emily turned to her people, “Okay, my guys you’ve got elsewhere to be. Go be there.”

“But Ma’am we are...”

She knew that voice, “Farill...” Emily shook her head, and looked at the yellow suit talking,“How the hell did you wind up on this ship. I swear to god someone in the Fleet hates me.”

“I requested -”

“You requested it.” Emily nodded, “Well, speak up again against an order and I will request you out an airlock. Or worse, I’ll let the marines use you for a combat dummy.”

Security left. The tension in the hangar bay seemed to fold and Emily exhaled, “Well, now that we’re all done trying to kill each other, I’m sure your people would like to get settled and I’m sure you would like to have a chat with our CO.”

And just like that it turned out that nobody was getting shot here, even the most twitchy of the marines visibly relaxing as almost all the potential opposition meekly followed the verbally slapped Farril out.

Tybalt’s proverbial antennae were still trying to get his head around the turnabout when his mouth broached the question that frankly he would be surprised if everyone of his bootnecks wasn’t thinking, “Ma’am,” he asked, “Rest is good, but I think we’d all rather know what the frakk is going on; are you rebelling against the Federation?”

Definitely not the subtle entry he was ordered, nor even close to the sneaky intelligence gathering he might have done, but hell up until a few moments ago he’d been confined in a cramped metal box on minimum life support with a squad of marines and he was feeling every one of his hundred years in service. This officer, whoever she was, had just demonstrated good faith in a way that didn’t leave much room for subterfuge (short of having the corridor outside rigged with just activated claymores) and it would be really nice to know if he was going to be calling his Zhan wife tonight or going to be negotiating for the lives of his men.

Emily smiled, sensing his confusion, “No negotiating necessary. You’re curious, we have answers. You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar, as I’m sure you’ve heard.”

With over sixty years of marriage, including two very sensitive souls, behind him Tybalt wasn’t unused to having his unvoiced thoughts read but he really hadn’t expected them done at a distance by someone who was apparently either an unusually emotive Vulcan or a bat-sh*t crazy beautiful romulan. To cover he fell back on her cultural idiom, “Andoria tends to say arclight and ice but I get the idea ma’am” he offered.

“I’ve also got four officers on the shuttles behind who I am sure would be more than happy to talk to the Captain and the Colonel” he continued, inclining his head to where the colonel was “but for us, just a yes or no will kind of do?”

“If you promise you and your men will behave, I don’t see why that will be a problem. However I will have some of my security people escort you wherever you go, no offense intended, but we did just make friends.”

Emily motioned towards the door, “If you dare follow.” A grin followed, “And I’m not a romulan nor a Vulcan, I’m not that simple.”

------------------
Msgt Tybalt th'Idran - Force Recon
LCmdr Emily Star - Chief Security

Back to top Go down

Post  Clarissa Loki on Mon May 27, 2013 3:03 pm

They'd been held, they'd been slapped. They'd been adorned with rings, and with the blood of the dead.

She looked down at her hands, wondering how much more they could handle. She then looked at her patient, one who'd lost more than he should have on his first assignment. He had been a young man, almost too young she considered... for a hard life in Starfleet. She wondered, as she turned off her suturing laser to close the wound on his femoral artery, if he would grow to resent his choices... his life... Dushall or Carpathia. Or if he would learn to accept his unfortunate fate of being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

The Science ensign had enough sense to jump out of the way of a tumbling canister he'd neglected to strap down... he hadn't been trained for this... he'd only been trying to help out. He'd come aboard from the Space dock early and his supervisor had sent him to help move things along.

Luckily Chang Pho had avoided taking one to the chest. Unfortunately that had been the domino effect of sending him reeling backwards and under the hover lift that him and another officer had been trudging through the halls towards Sickbay. Irony was the least of his worries though, as it had been carrying medical supplies. She just wished that the safety mechanism hadn't been smashed to smithereens when the load had apparently shifted even further when the opposing Security teams attacked a fleeing group of Engineering officers at that moment, causing the weight to shift too quickly for the dampeners to compensate. The system failed and crushed Ensign Pho's legs and toppled over completely, leaving the other officer crushed under the weight of sterilized medical bandages and gauze.

Doctor Loki knew that the other officer had died quickly, their snapped neck was a testament to that. Even in today's medical advancements, they couldn't fix death. Clarissa ordered the assisting nurse to complete the final stages of epidermal regeneration to the wounded legs and moved to sanitize her hands. She wished the Counselor had been able to make it aboard; Pho was going to need one badly. She noted that many hours in the holodeck was going to be required to assist in physical rehabilitation.

*At least he made it.* She thought to herself as she moved away from the clamour of her Sickbay. She stood with her back to the medical floor and stared without comprehension or intent, at her replicator. She had a very bad headache, but would rather feel the pain pounding in her brain than dull her feelings. She believed that her penance for being alive while others were not, was how the universe made sure she stayed on point.

This had been a bit of contention with her and Dushall in recent months. Only a handful of times he'd physically forced her to take a blocker, they both resented having to come to that point. She knew he was doing it to care for her and didn't want to see her hurting... but her hurting made her remember she was alive when others weren't so lucky. She knew hiding them from his was mute, he always seemed to know... but she could down play them for his peace of mind. The less he had to focus on her, then better it was for everyone involved.

Clarissa Loki
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:10 am

| JP: Emily, Dushall, Tybalt
| Redemption- A

Walking through the near deserted corridors of the maybe-rogue vessel was a strange experience if ever there was one. In his century of service Tybalt had trod the carpets of more vessels than he ever would care to remember, from Constellations through to warbirds, from a nek’varr through to this, the current crowning glory of StarFleet production.

Like almost all Fleetie vessels this one, for all its hitting power, wasn’t technically a warship, it was a lot more than that, a diplomatic, cultural and scientific extension of all the best that the federation had to offer their fellows among the stars. That it was almost inconceivably immense and capable of swatting its contemporaries aside like the proverbial bugs was neither here nor there.

Unless of course it was currently the one lone holdout in a rebellion against all the other bright things it should have been.

A question he still didn’t have any answers for.

Honestly he was starting to suspect a certain amount of ‘mushrooming’ going on, being deliberately kept in the dark as someone prepared a meal somewhere of pure sh.....

Of course that in itself was hardly a new experience, either in the Force Fecon or the Rangers he had served beforehand, heck anywhere he had served there had always been a certain necessity about not telling the grunts; no matter how many chevrons his dress uniform sported these days expecting that to change was a fools game.

So instead he simply enjoyed the view.. following behind the lieutenant Commander and her confident, graceful....

Yeah well married and over a century old he might be but dead he was not. With the pointy ears and the killer smile there was no real telling what race this lass was, even after her almost flippant assertion he wasn’t going to guess. No race meant no idea how old the lass might be, which in turn made it okay for the moment to watch.

If nothing else it was a damn sight more pleasant than all the things he didn’t know about the man they were going to see.

Together they stepped down out of the lift, onto the near immaculate bridge (complete with ‘new upholstery’ smell) and diverted round the wide eyed fleetie bridge bunnies to the discrete door that led to the Captain’s ready room, the very core of the decision making process aboard the massive vessel.

A familiar double chime and the doors slid open, clearly expecting both he and ‘Lieutenant Commander Legs’. What he personally wasn’t expecting was the immediate and hard coded scent of death, of blood, voided bowels and harsh detergents made to clear them up.

All the scuttlebutt nightmare stories of the man he was coming to meet went smashing home and it was all that Tybalt could do not to reach for his carbine and retreat as fast as suppressive fire would allow.

Dushall was staring at the distant stars in the porthole. His thought raced and played scenarios of his next possible decision. Where would they go? What would they do? The fact that he had been almost 48 hours without sleep was not present in the sharpness of his eyes.

He was luckier than most on this ship. His family was here. Many of the crews families were left behind either on accident during the escape. There was just no way to plan or expect to be boarded and attacked by your own people. If he was a crewman and he had a choice to make between Loki and his daughter or fight with some rogue officer, he would choose his family. He gave up that lifestyle a long time ago.

His mind was brought back to reality as he heard the door hiss open. He spun around and in one quick motion checked for his sword hilt attached to his wrist. Before him he saw his Chief of Security and the Senior NCOIC or the Redemption's Marine Detachment. His face was unmistakable.

The blue Andorian had been serving most of his life and even well know among Dushall's Shadow peers. He was a dedicated warrior with a excellent service record. Wood picked him just off his name alone, not even looking at his records.

But the fear he saw flash in this old jar heads eyes gave Dushall a little flicker of amusement. He knew what people said about him. Everyone thinks the scuttlebutt was based on embellished drunk stories of disgruntled former crew. That no man could be capable of what he has done. The one about single handily slaying a platoon of Jem'Hedar with a field knife and displaying their heads on pikes was his absolute favorite.

Truth was it was a platoon. He also was followed by two other officers in a flanking motion. They fought with rifles until the last couple were left and then it got into hand to hand. He used the sword he had and sent them to meet whatever gods they worshiped. It was Ensign Du'kor who lost his Vulcan mind and decapitated one of them and mounted it on a pike. It was also the Ensign who was Discharged Dishonorably for it as well as the one responsible for that nasty rumor.

He didn't mind it. The rumors allowed the crew to engage in their own little fantasy worlds and help to keep them in line. His senior staff would come to know him well and would quickly realize the falsity of those stories. But if they knew the truth of his past then all those stories would look more like actual events then lies.

Looking at his two officers he moved his hand away from his wrist and stood up to extend his right hand to the Andorian salt dog. “Mr th’Idran, its good to see such a decorated warrior on the Redemption." Dushall looked at Emily Starr, "Sorry Ms Star but there aren't many with a service record like this man." He motioned to the seats, "Please take a seat."

The Andorian master sergeant got control of himself fast enough, even if he was anything but convinced this man wasn’t dangerous, and took the proffered hand and then seat, pleased to note that the latter at least wasn’t the source of the smells. “Thank you sir” he offered out of form more than anything else, trying not to think too much of the cold resolution that he had seen in the Captain’s killer’s eyes.

“Oh,” Emily said, slightly unsure if her cocky attitude had been appropriate, “Well then I’m rather glad I didn’t challenge him. I actually might have lost.” She took her seat.

Tybalt accepted the compliment for what it was, tipping a nod of appreciation towards the sec chief who was echoing the captain. “I’m a Force Recon Master Sergeant” he supplied with a slight shrug, figuring that said more for the moment than being in service at Khitomer when the accords were signed. As for winning or losing he wasn’t about to argue the point, all too well aware of how futile that would be, and that they had other things they were meant to be talking about

“Impressive,”Emily said before shrinking slightly, the sarcasm seemed less than appropriate around the Captain. He respected the guy, and even if she didn’t think that much of him, she didn’t want to piss of her own superior “It’s an honor to meet you. I’m sure you’ve got quite a few stories to tell. I didn’t introduce myself before, Emily Star. Chief of Security. Although I’m sure you guessed that part already.”

Tybalt nodded his thanks for the introduction, even if it still didn’t answer the big question about what flavour of ‘not that simple’ she was, or how she was apparently reading the room so much better than he was.. without a decent pair of antennae to help.

Dushall watched the banter between the two and thought to himself that if they weren't running from Carpathia that these two might have a go at each other on a intimate level. "Well, it looks like we have a situation." He said to get their attention. "MSgt Tybalt, are you aware of what is going on?"

“Not a clue sir” Tybalt lied, wanting to either reveal his all too personal call from Carpathia or the fact checking he had had done, if for no other reason than so he could hear what spin the CO was going to put on things.

Dushall knew he was lying and figured it would be best to pursue that topic. "I think you know more than you're letting on Master Sergeant." He stated in a calm voice. Lying was one of his pet peeves. It was a understood concept in this type of world that at one point or another you would be lied to and have to lie. It was easier to lie to someone then to have someone else lie to you.

There was not a pause as he stood up and turned to the porthole to star at a distant nebula. "MSgt Tybalt, Admiral Wood is missing. Its as if he just vanished out of mid air." He turned back to the Andorian and his security chief. "Before we knew of his absence our ship was boarded by armed security detail that, Without the consent of the Admiral or myself, restrained everyone to quarters and assaulted those who wouldn't comply."

Sitting back down he lifted a data padd that held every bit of information on the occupation of his ship. "Something is up Marine! Carpathia's lapdog crossed the line." He calmed the flare of anger that was rising inside him like a volcano. Obviously the sleep deprivation was getting to him. "Admiral Wood was doing some digging into Carpathia. He had suspicions that something wasn't right. I think he found something. Reynolds was looking for a tricorder that we think was Admiral Wood's. It was important enough for him to use his emergency transport badge to beam it and not himself back to the Redemption."

Looking the Andorian in the eyes he continued, "Right now we are trying to retrieve the information that is stored on that device." He opened his arms in a gesture that said that was all.

None of this was good, not at all. While it meshed pretty damn neatly with the ‘facts’ that his marines had managed to collect it also basically said that the federation was in a whole lot more trouble than one rogue ship and a traitorous crew. Kidnapped admirals, sec boy snatch squads operating without warning on other sworn personnel and nebulous details that allegedly the Federation president was willing to order deaths for.

The problem was of course that Tybalt had no way at all of knowing how much of this was true and how much of it was well presented bull. Reflexively he looked over to Star, trying to see if she was giving anything away, but all too well aware that he didn’t have a trace of his aenar ‘cousins’’ skill.

“Sounds simple enough,” Emily said, giving a wink to Tybalt before returning her gaze to the Captain.

“Without meaning any disrespect sir” Tybalt said, very carefully indeed, “can you substantiate this?”

And suddenly they were at a crunch point, because if this man was who the scuttlebutt, and Carpathia wanted him to believe then he’d be drawing the lethal looking steel at his hip and things would be going to hell pretty damn quick, almost certainly soon followed by baby th’Idran’s grandthaan.

“Excuse me?” Emily slowed her words, “Are you insinuating that he could be talking out of his @ss?”

“Yes ma’am” Tybalt replied, unease folding into determination, expression hardening likewise, “because without some proof you’re asking me to choose between a crew that blew out of dock, and admits to taking the lives of federation citizens, against the elected head of the Federation we all took oaths to and the people you admit are loyal to him.”

“If it wasn’t for past history and our cordial meeting in the hangar we wouldn’t be having this conversation at all” he added pointedly, albeit without letting his hands drift to any of the lethal gear he was still wearing “and presumably yours and mine would be taking the lives of more citizens”

“You call that cordial?” She was being argumentative, plain and simple. His question had been rational, and he’d even offered it without disrespecting the CO. She could even understand where he was coming from, however there was just something about him that got under her skin, “Do you really think he would make up something like this? It’s not a situation that’s going to make our life easy and it's definitely not a path I’d walk down while skipping merrily and humming a tune.”

“It’s not up to me to believe ma’am” Tybalt replied, “mutinous insurrection isn’t something you reckon your way into. I owe it to my marines to be sure, to my own honour to be sure, and I hope you would do the same in my place”

“So, some security camera feed of the gold-bellies acting illegally, a message from either of the admirals involved, something, anything; because you didn’t take the decision to go against your oaths lightly so....” he trailed off, getting more than a little frustrated himself now, all too worried that they were both telling the truth and had no way of proving it, which would be a literally bloody mess all around.

Emily sighed. Would proof even help the burden that such news brought? Denial was a powerful thing and even blunt facts could be turned a blind eye to, “..and even with proof I wonder if that would be enough.”

“I was serving when the powers to be hung Kirk out to dry, to die on Rura Penthe, I was tapped for a high end op when SF Command got taken over by some weird little neck-burrowing alien things, and I fought goopies all through the Dominion war. More than any of that I learned my lesson about blindly following orders back in ‘thirty and the drumheads of thirty-one” Tybalt retorted, “it’s not the idea of something being rotten at the top I have a problem with, it’s that I have just got off a damn shuttle and don’t know any of you from Vela himself.”

“So yeah, proof would be enough, if you got any ma’am” he replied, keeping the other alternative unsaid.

She smiled, “Well all of that is good to know. Aren’t we having fun learning about each other.” Emily looked to the Captain, “I’m sure that there’s enough proof to spur his beliefs onward.” She quickly added, “And if all else fails I can meld ya both so you can see inside each others heads. That’s always useful to help gain perspective.” Of course she was jesting, as nobody enjoyed melds. Not even she enjoyed them.

Tybalt snorted at that idea, unable to stop the less than eloquent expression of refusal before it escaped. He seriously doubted either of them were about to volunteer to let anyone root around in their brains when some vid feed and a call or two would do the same thing.

It did however bring him back to the question of just what the heck race was Lieutenant Commander ‘Legs’, because ‘meld’ was saying vulcan again, and there was no way this woman ever passed through the school of ‘stick-up-the-@ss and bowl-cut’ that was mandatory for that breed.

Emily sighed, “Half-breed.” She offered with a tug on her ears, adding another piece to the puzzle, but still not actually answering the question that he hadn’t voiced.

"As much as it is enjoyable to watch the discussion between you two, I do have a ship to run." He pulled out a data pads with everything he had and handed it to the Andorian. "Before we picked you up I made a statement to the crew of the ship. I made all records of the conversation between Admiral Reynolds and myself public knowledge. As well as every piece of sensor data and internship communication. I felt it only proper that everyone here be able to make up their own mind."

He eyed the Marine and the Security Chief. "Make up your mind. If you decide to stay on the ship then you are welcomed on board. If you decide that we are in the wrong, then report to the hangar bay at the designated time with any Marines who think the same and you all will be dropped off at the closest Starfleet research facility."

“Thank you sir, ma’am,” Tybalt offered in return, accepting the datapads and making the right noises, even if everyone in the room knew that he and his wouldn’t be reporting to any hangar bays whatever the decision was. Just in the same way as they were all pretending that the marines already aboard and still waiting in their runabouts weren’t both geared up for an assault and watched in case of one.

Tybalt’s first thought was to hope that the documents would prove to be proof enough, but another thought came pretty fast on the heels of that in direct opposition. Because if this was proof then it was proof that literally the highest level of the Federation was corrupt and that rather than taking on a single undermanned ship he and his would soon be taking on the combined might of the loyal Federation....

Back to top Go down

Post  Clarissa Loki on Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:52 pm

After his meeting with Tybalt and Emily, Dushall decided it was finally time for a rest. Out of any major space lanes and out of the sensor range of every patrol zone or star base around it was finally possible to relax. He decided it was time to see his wife.

When he got to sickbay he saw her angrily palm the replicator as if it had a nose she could break and force up into its brain. It was cute and brought a much needed smile to his face. Quickly looking around he noticed that there was only one other nurse and that most of the patients in the beds were down for the night. He knew as well, from checking in on her on the way down, that their own daughter was put to sleep three hours ago.

Quietly walking up behind her he wrapped his arms slowly around her waist so that he wouldn't startle her. He pulled her in close as he kissed her cheek, played his chin on her shoulder and looked at the replicator. "You know that hitting something won't make it work."

She knew he was right, nor did she like the fact that he was so calm and sensible.

"Seriously? You walk into my sickbay all calm and happy... as if there is not a worry to be had in the universe." She sighed angrily, she knew that it wasn't his fault and that he did hurt for the loss his ship suffered. But with no one else around and her anger unwavering, he was dangerously close to wearing the brunt of her anger.

He kept his hands around her and held her a little tighter. His eyes closed as he took in her comforting aroma. "I know. I've been worrying about the universe for the past forty eight hours. Right now all we can do is lick our wounds and figure out the next move." Moving in front of her he gently touched her face, brushing a few loose strands out of the way. His smile showed that he wouldn't be offended.

He knew Clara better than any other. He knew She was just venting because she trusted him and because she could. It was not all about him but instead it was from everything they had gone through the past two days.

"Eric. How are we going to do this? I have too much blood on my hands." She hung her head and blew out the angry words that sat on her tongue waiting to lash out and hurt. She swallowed and regained a minute sense of peace. Running with it, she finally looked up and smiled a little. "Are you okay? Did you check in on Gracie?"

"I did. Ms. Chan put her to sleep three hours ago." He looked in her eyes and was going to ask her about her headaches but he thought better to not. That was a topic that in their sleep deprived state would most likely lead to an argument. He looked past her shoulder and saw the nurse looking over a chart facing them, pretending not to snoop. "Let's go home. Nurse Jack looks like she has everything under control. What do you say?"

The Doctor in her wanted to check on her patients one more time, but decided that Eric’s gentle pushing was probably best. “Fine. Goodnight, Nurse Jack.”

“Oh uhm... g’night sirs.” She responded and turned away quickly, as if to check on the patient to the very rear of the Sickbay it seemed.

Clarissa grasped Dushall’s hand in hers. It was no secret that they were together, and to hide it was futile at best. She was suddenly tired, she stifled a yawn but was unsuccessful... it had passed to her cohort. She laughed at the absurdity of a simple yawn and how it was so harmlessly infectious.

Once inside their quarters, she unceremoniously disrobed but couldn’t help but raise an eyebrow at what she sometimes took for granted. He looked the same from when they first met, almost 10 years ago. She had aged, but not all too much for the worse. Softer features here and there, yes... but she could easily chalk that up to their daughter. The one she now looked in on, approaching to lay a gentle hand upon the sweet face of.

Walking quietly away Clarissa continued, “So I take it that the Marines are not a threat, then?” She’d been notified that Sickbay had received the spartan medical records from Master Sergeant Tybalt th’Idran earlier by Nurse Jack. “And furthermore, what do we do now? We are fugitives for now. Admiral Wood is nowhere to be found and we didn’t get a chance to retrieve all of our goods or personnel to boot.” She climbed into their bed, grateful that the sheets were soft after the day they’d endured.

He couldn't take his eyes off her. It astounded him that after being with her so long she was still so incredibly beautiful to him. Sure there were subtle changes here and there. He knew she didn't like them that much but he adored her even more for it. All it served was to make her even more beautiful in his eyes.

When Clara came back he was finishing his evening relaxation routine. Wearing only a tight pair of shorts he was standing on his hands, feet reaching for the ceiling. Slowly he brought his feet down. Every muscle in his body tensed and burning up all the stress away from the past forty eight hours. His knees bent his shoulders shifted as he adjusted his balance. The abdominal muscles were starting to sweat as he fought to center his body. He brought his head back as his chest slowly dropped to the ground. The entirety of his body horizontal but supported only by his arms. Pushing up he brought his legs under him and then crossed them and lowered his body the rest of the way.

Clarissa wondered at his routine, but never bothered to question it. She assumed it was something from the past he didn’t like to divulge. She knew it was to protect her from the unknown, but it still irked her. The secrets were a necessary evil, she was once advised when she started asking questions around a former partner’s death.

He stood and started to dab himself with a towel. "The Marines are still up in the air. I don't think we have anything to worry about but just in case I have Ms. Starr keeping an eye on them." Making his way to the bathroom he jumped into the sonic shower for a once over. "The funny thing is that we have been passively monitoring all Starfleet channels." He hung the towel back up and made his way to the bed. "No orders have been issued to the other fleets. It’s as if we never defied orders, assaulted fellow officers, or stole a ship off the line." Laying down he traced the curves of Clara's hips over the silk gown she was wearing. "But on the other hand, Admiral Rynolds’ fleet has gone dark. Completely disappeared." His eyes were drawn to the beautiful woman that he was lucky to call his wife. If there was a god then he was witness to his perfection.

“Pretty sure I don’t care about getting more personnel right about now... nor anything else. Although, I could do with a massage. Pretty sure you owe me, not that I’m one to keep tabs of course!”

"What?" He looked at her with shock in his eyes. "You know more then anyone else that you are the kinda person that keeps tabs, holds onto the IOU's and cashes them in whenever it’s convenient for you." His smile grinning from ear to ear.

He got up and put his hand on her waist as he kissed her lovingly on her lips and in one sudden move lifted her up and spun her on her stomach. Mounting on top of her he laid his hands on her back. "I'm doing this because I love you. Not because I owe you. So keep that IOU in your vault of a memory for a later day."

As a trained assassin he was skilled in many ways to kill people. His prior career required great amounts of knowledge and the ability to recall it at a moments notice. One of those skills was how to kill people of multiple species by hitting certain nerve endings. This required knowledge of the nervous and muscle systems of many anatomies. Knowing this information, he found, made him aware of how people carry stress in their bodies and the best ways to relieve it. Clara tended to wear it in her neck and lower back.

He was careful not to put too much strength in it but instead to slowly work out the kinks with a steady amount of pressure and a continuous rhythm. "What do you think about the past two days." He asked wanting her opinion. She was an intelligent woman and he knew she saw things differently than him.

“Keep that up, and there’ll be more than just Gracie in there.”

Dushall chuckled at the thought of having another little baby. He loved Gracie with all his heart. She was daddies little princess. Still, he wouldn't mind having his own little warrior. A boy that would cause trouble and get into mischief. Well not too much mischief. "Clara, you didn't answer my question." He stopped and looked over the side. Her faced covered by her hair, heart rate slowed and breathes were deeper, "Yep, you’re asleep."

Laying down beside her he moved the hair out of her face and gently kissed her cheek. "I love you." He whispered as he pulled the pillow beneath his neck. He looked to the ceiling and tried for a second to imagine what he would do if he wasn't the Captain. Then he closed his eyes and fell asleep.

A lullaby by any other name...
A JP by the exhausted CO and the Doctor who's on edge

Clarissa Loki
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:27 am

"Damn it!" shouted Lucius, the deck was in a mess and with few supplies he knew he didn't have the materials needed to shore it up and though the repairs were coming along he knew he needed new struts and supports.

Turning to the shoring up crew he shook his head "For the time being seal this deck up and move on to deck 9" and he turned on his heels and walked away, but mulling it over he wondered something.....could they produce their own materials?

Heading for his workshop he muttured a "Fred, can we utilise this workshop to recycle old parts, can we melt them down and machine them to the spec we need?" the hologram of Fred appeared in his flat cap and holding a large hammer, in his thick Lancashire accent "Aye lad we can, we a little bit of tweek we can smelt the old parts down and run them through for new parts, I can see from the ships log that we are need of support struts and plating, well we can use the rollers for plating and hammer them and for the struts we use the Vicars 980"

Lucius smiled "Exactly Fred, can you other haul the equipment for me please, I better see the Captain......."

*More to come, ive just been called out for a removal, sorry gang*

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:10 am

| Barracks
| USS Redemption-A

The squadbays for the Recon marines were anything but elaborate, bunks with small living areas and shared heads, with only the officers and senior NCO's rating any more luxury than that and even then not that much more. Compared to what was offered a century ago however the small rooms in the upper saucer decks might as well have been palaces. Heck Tybalt as the senior NCO of the detachment even rated a desk and terminal of his own. A long way indeed from the days of three to a bed hotbunking and personal storage measured in square inches.

With things still so 'ready at the face' the veteran Marine didn't bother to even begin to unpack his gear, or even for that matter fully set down his tac rig. He simply made himself more comfortable to sit and fired up that console to review the information he had been given... and more importantly fire up the same to the commissioned officers that would actually make the final fight/ no fight call.

Because, for all that he had somehow been the one to meet the lethally intense captain and sit in with the mercurial CSTO, now that there wasn't a necessity for immediate action Tybalt was still far from actually in charge of anything. Even assuming that their nominal OC, Lieutenant Colonel Kaine, was compromised then there were still all the other platoon officers and company 'headshed'ers ahead of him in line to actually give the order to stand down or not.

So looking through the 'proof' offered wasn't actually honestly technically necessary more than to be sure himself that whatever orders he was given from here on out were actually lawful, beyond that he was protected by the fact that he would be taking the orders rather than issuing them. That was however in itself reason enough to review what was on offer, because 'I was obeying orders' was rarely enough in this day and age, in this Corps.

Instead every jarhead and bootneck, grunt and gunny, everyone wearing the uniform was obliged by oath, training and principle to be sure that they weren't led into unethical action by unlawful commands; and were subject to sanction if they failed in this personal oversight.

Sanctions like Tybalt was still smarting from even decades after he had failed on said responsibility.

Of course all of this was made so very much worse by the fact that he had been given very personal and extraordinary orders by the titular head of the entire Federation. The only thing worse would have been for those orders to have come from the Corps HQ instead of a political office, from within the chain of command rather than atop of it.

With one side of his screen showing the feeds and the other dedicated to his notes Tybalt was soon increasingly glad that Carpathia hadn't taken the time to co-opt someone inside the Marine chain of command.. because each new screen seemed to dig a deeper hole that left the current Federation President and his pet admiral smelling of anything but roses.

Back to top Go down

Post  Harper on Wed Jun 12, 2013 4:47 am

Danno started to wake up at least he thinks he is waking up, when he firsts get out of bed it is always the most worrisome for him. In the half groggy half awake state then it is easier to slip into bad memories and lose control of the now.

He reached for his wrist to feel for his bracelet that kept a hold of his medication, it held 2 weeks at a time giving a reminder if it had not been taken that day, but when he lowered his arm down he didn't feel it their. Panic started to well up inside his chest.

'I must remain calm stay in the now look around,' his head moved but all he saw was black the panic was returning stronger this time, 'Don't be stupid open your eyes'

The room became bright he looked down to see himself in a medical gown, 'no no no this can't be right i was suppose to be getting back on a star ship,' before the panic could become overwhelming he reminded himself, 'look around dammit.'

His eyes searched the room seeing what was a medical bay in what looked to be a modified Sovereign class ship, and if he remember corrected which he always did this was the USS Redemption. 'Good stay in the now keep thinking on the now.'

He looked down again to apply his medication to see his bracelet was still missing, 'okay so it is gone.' He looked over to see a nurse smiling, "Good you are awake."

"Where's my stuff," Danno asked.

"We can get to that, but first whats your name. And do you know where you are?"

"Based on the designs of this medical bay I would say the USS Remeption. I am Danny. Now I came in here with a bracelet i need it." he said with a slight panic in his voice near the end.

"I do not know where all the personal belongings are sir but i'm sure we can get it to you soon."

"I don't think you understand. I need it now." His voice was getting louder with each word until it was a full blown yell.
"I'm sure we can get it for you tomorrow please just calm down sir."

"Call some one who knows," he voice had become dangerously calm, "I am a very smart man, I could do some very bad things I would rather not but before to long i might not have a choice any more, now call your CMO and get it down here."

=/\=Sickbay to Commander Loki we have a situation down here, I need you here and you might want to bring your husband.=/\=

<Tag Loki:P>

Last edited by Danno on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:55 pm; edited 3 times in total
Harper

Back to top Go down

Post  Emily Star on Wed Jun 12, 2013 10:45 am

The thrumming of hot water, the hot steam, the insane desire to just stand there and let every nerve and muscle in her body relax.

“God I love showers,” Emily mumbled as she massaged a sore spot on her neck with the stream of water.

In their world showers, especially long ones, could be frowned upon. Despite the invention of sonic showers, and the numerous reasons one would use them, Emily preferred the old style. Nothing could beat the feeling of relaxation as the hot water eased every sore muscle, joint and emotion.

"I hate marines though ," She mumbled, running her hands through her hair, "Andorians..." Her father had told her of the history between Vulcans and Andorians. It wasn't a pleasant bed time story and, although she'd worked with them before, there was a professional distance kept. This new one was a special type of pain in her @ss and she couldn't help but want to engage in more dialogue with him.

Stupid, stupidTugging gently on the tip of her left ear she blushed. Was it wrong she had fun watching him try to figure her out? Had she overstepped a boundary? How long had it been since someone had taken a look at her and thought anything other than bitch.

Although she was sure he thought that of her in some form. Even the CO had a short fuse when it came to their conversation, and she couldn't blame him for that.

Turning off the water she sighed, inhaling the warm steam and exhaling slowly. Emily had to catch a little bit of sleep before returning back to duty. She'd already set a team on the marines and so far all was well.

Wrapping a towel around her torso she looked around for the one to dry her hair, “Damn it...” She grumbled as she realized it wasn't in the room. With a shrug she exited into the main room to retrieve it.

“Ma'am”

Emily jumped and almost dropped her towel, “Farill....”
Emily Star
Chief Tactical Officer
Chief Tactical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Harper on Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:59 pm

Clarissa groaned loudly and tapped the comm badge with  slight resentment,  =/\="Nurse Jack. I'm off rotation right now.  What is so important that can't wait another two hour s?"=/\=

Dushall heard the comm badge chime and woke from his deep sleep. Rubbing his eyes he heard the voice and looked over at his desk chrono. “Can't even get 6 hours of sleep without something happening.” He mumbled under his breath.

Nurse Jack jumped at the irritation she hear in her Commander's voice. She replied with slight tremor in her voice, =/\= I’m sorry ma'am, there is a rather irate person here, he is threatening the ship unless he gets some bracelet. I am not sure what he is talking about or what it is I should do with him. When he is not talking to me, he just mumbles to himself about staying in the now. I wanted to give him a sedative but I am not sure he would let me. His name on his file was Charles Luthor=/\=

Clarissa barely remembered what she'd ate for what may have passed as dinner, let alone a fracking bracelet a patient may or may not have worn upon admittance. "Did you look for it?" She rolled over, assuming the conversation was over and they could return to sleep before their child decided it was the best time to play.

=/\=M'am you have everything locked away to ensure nothing is misplaced, a lock that is encoded to you=/\= The nurse was nervous about the repercussions this might cause in her sleep deprived state. She was pacing around the room keeping an eye on the patient as he did so.

Danno listens to the nurse talking he was trying very hard to stay in the now. To keep control of all his faculties he needed something to ground him, so he worked on studying all the faces around him he only briefly looked at the upper command of the ship. Seeing something new would help, for a while anyways.

Dushall sat up and tapped Loki on the shoulder. “Honey, I think we need to get down there. Besides, I won't be able to get back to sleep.” Yawning he stood stark naked and made his way to the closet. He pulled out a clean set of skivvies and a fresh uniform and started to put on his clothes. Clara was not someone you wanted on your bad side first thing in the morning so he walked out of the room and let her get herself up.Computer, two coffees, dark roast.” He ordered the replicator and it appeared before him in seconds. The warm scent of the roast coffee started to fill the room and make it’s way to the bedroom.

While taking a sip he went to the ships com panel and pressed the call button. =^=Crewman Wal’tek, please make your way to the Captain's quarters.=^= He let go knowing that the crewman heard him and was now on her way.

"Fine. I'll be there shortly. Find out what is so important about the bracelet. And keep the patient calm.” Loki out.

She donned her uniform slowly and sipped the coffee. She gulped down the liquid as the door chimed - Callie Grace's babysitter was here. Yawning, a headtilt and grunts consisted of the brief conversation between the two women.

"We should go, Eric."

He nodded to the babysitter and gave his daughter a kiss on the head. “Daddy will see you later okay.” She was still too tired to respond. Briskly he caught up to Clara wondering who this patient was that could be causing such a fuss.

Danno popped his head up to see two people walk into the medical bay, their names flashed before his eyes before he could stop it. Commander Clarissa Loki Chief Medical Officer of the USS Redemption, married to Commander Eric Dushall Chief Executive Officer of the USS Redemption. By all accounts in her Starfleet records, she was good at her job. The only thing ever written down as a negative was her relationship with the man beside her, Captain Eric Dushall. The next images to his head were bloody and terrible enough so that the shock knocked him off his bed. He clutched the side of his head as photos of bloody and ripped apart bodies were everywhere. Slowly those photos became less messy and more direct, kills and those bodies changed into those of his friends, “NO!” he sat up looking around wildly in a panic. He saw the medical bay again, his breathing slowed. It was a close call, the medication in his system must be almost out by now.

Clarissa caught the panic and her steps followed suit. Her hands were up immediately on his shoulders in a calm, but authoritative movement. “I’m Doctor Loki. Is there something wrong?She searched her mind, not immediately coming up with who this patient was, there had been too many patients since the attack from only yesterday; it seemed like months now.

From the moment he saw the patient he knew who he was. “Lt. Charles Danny Luthor” The name had been burned into his memory after the Admiral and himself had a very heated discussion about having the Lt on the crew. It was Admiral Wood who eventually vetoed his vote and pulled the Admiral and ships Captain card on him.

Danno with his nerves acting up and the violent images he just saw was looking much like a junkie. Danno heard the Commander address him he looked up, “Yes, aaahhh sorry could you repeat that?” Danno kept his eyes locked on to Loki’s just so he could remember to keep focus on her.

The man’s eyes were eerie; she didn’t like it. “I’m Doctor Loki. You requested my immediate presence... in the middle of the night... now what can I do for you, Mister...”

“Charles Danny Luthor,” Dushall spoke up as he grabbed the padd from the nurse and handed it to Loki, “LT. Luthor was assigned to the Redemption by Admiral Wood himself directly from a institution for the mentally ill. Just to let you know Clara, he wasn’t an employee there.” Looking back at the LT he had a quick mind to just shove him out the nearest airlock. Well if this wasn’t a Starfleet vessel he would do just that.

Clarissa eyed her husband up for a quick second and thought better of what she was going to say and then, against all that was in her nature, she bite back the response. Looking back down at the medical padd, she held up a finger when she knew someone was going to ask a question. “Your file is... sparse to say the least. Now I don’t want to rush to any judgement here... but I’m running on one lousy cup of coffee and a few measly hours of sleep, Lieutenant Luthor. Why do you want both the Chief Medical Officer and the XO of the Redemption here? Not to mention threatening a member of this crew. I’m not one to take those things lightly.”

His eyes grew wide for a moment like he was remembering where he was you could see the sweat forming on his forehead as he spoke, “Yes of course so, I’m crazy kinda well sorta,” He was fidgeting with his hands twitching a little and pinching himself as he spoke, “You both could understand this picture seeing something, anything and remembering every single detail about it, you walk into here and everything you have ever done here comes back, everyone you have ever had die on the table everyone you have saved all of it. Having it get so bad you do not know if this is happening or if it is just a memory. What I need is my bracelet so I can take the medication in it so it adds a filter like normal people have.” As he finished he sunk his head between his knees and wrapped his arms around his legs.

The air felt heavy after the patient’s statement, if that could possibly be. To remember every detail of every moment, reliving them.. that’s pretty harsh. She didn’t dare slide a glance towards Dushall, she knew that he was haunted and he could relive those memories too. He’d woken up to many a night terror in their bed, but not to utter a word of what had happened. She instead looked at the terrorized patient and then tapped him on the shoulder, “Follow me, Lieutenant. And you stay here,she indicated towards everyone else, “That means you too.” She said over her shoulder towards Dushall. She knew his instinct to protect her was on high alert. But it wasn’t necessary.

Dushall stood back. He knew that in this office she was the boss and no matter what he wanted to do he would listen to her. “I was gonna come more for his safety. I wouldn’t want to be on your bad side right now.” He eyed LT Luthor. His thoughts about the young Lieutenant were of how familiar they were with respect to their memories. Although while awake Dushall had the ability to call upon them when he wanted his downside was when he slept. They could assault him with a vengeance. Although in recent years the sleep terrors have happened fewer and fewer times and that he was thankful for.

Danno popped his head up, “Follow, yea yea I can do that. Walking it’s easy just don’t think, because that’s so easy.” He got up to follow the Doctor, looking around as he did so. He knew the layout of the ship, but not where individual items were places he used this moment to study it all.

Clarissa walked towards her personal compartment where she stored patient valuables, she or one of the other Doctors must have put it there at some point and forgotten to log it. She wondered how the Lieutenant had made it onto their ship, there was a lot she didn’t know about him and it worried her. I’ll make you a deal, describe this bracelet. I will give you one BUT I will confiscate the rest until I can analyze it further.”

He looked shocked, he need that to function, “Okay it has metal well mostly it has 12 small cylindrical tubes on it each one has a vile that I, well, inject into my blood. Nothing too fancy looking as not like I want someone to like it, anyone to like it enough to want to wear it.” This was good talking with people he had never met before, in a place he did not know, it was helping to clear his mind a little. He was able to fully comprehend some of the things he said earlier, “Umm I just wanted to say sorry for threatening the ship, it’s just, it gets bad. Since you are all new to my condition, I would say I have about 35 more minutes until communication and rational reasoning gets hard for me, and about an hour until I totally lose grasp of ‘now’ and I will be stuck in my mind reliving whatever hell it wants me to.” He closed his eyes hard and squeezed his arm until he started to feel pain.

Clarissa heard the statement from the patient, tried not to let it weird her out and entered her code. It opened unceremoniously and wondered how much crap was already this container. Really it couldn’t all be valuable. She lifted a coffee cup, a phaser pack and a laser pen. It was literally the Sickbay junk drawer in only a day and a half. She finally scrimmaged up what looked to not fit in here and turned around. “Open it. Take one, leave it open. Then go back to your bio bed for bio analysis. I know you’re here for more than just rest and I don’t know what the Admiral wants you on here for specifically.She held it out to the Lieutenant. “Refuse my orders and you’ll live in your mental hell until I say differently.”

Danno reached out and grabbed the bracelet he put his thumb over the end of 1 of the cylinders a small click was heard the as the other end opened he grabbed the small vile, he grabbed the cylinder that was on the bottom the top slid open he attached the vile to the top of it, a small needle came out the other end. He injected it, it did not take long before the fog in his head started to clear. He smiled for the first time, “You know I will remember this when you need my help right, oh also when do I get to meet this mysterious admiral who took a chance on me that albeit so far has not seemed like a good idea.”

Clarissa wondered if his statement was a threat or a statement of gratitude, either way she was intrigued. Walking him back to his bio bed. “Nurse Jack. Run a cellular analysis of the Lieutenant's device. I want it done immediately and don’t prick yourself with it.”

“Aye sir.” Came her response and a puzzled look as she held it up gingerly.

She looked at Dushall, “He seems to be more alert as the moments pass...” She narrowed her eyes and wondered if it was a drug induced delusions that he created for himself, but kept her thoughts to herself for now. “I want him to stay under bio care for another hour.”

Before Dushall could agree to her terms he heard a chime over the ships intercom. =^=Captain Dushall to Science Lab 1, It’s about the Tricorder sir.=^=

=^=Roger, On my way.=^= He cursed under his breath. Their voices didn’t sound confident or happy. He assumed that they were having problems with the device. He turned and walked towards Lieutenant Luthor. “Lieutenant, What do you know about cryptography and security systems?” He asked the now cognizant officer.

Danno smiled not a half smile but a full blown real smile as he answered, “You have read my file you know, you know there's very little I don’t know but to answer your question, on this ship I would guess no one comes close.” Yea he was being a little cocky but when he had his meds he was damn good.

“You’re coming with me then.” He said as he turned toward Clara, That look in her eye that she got gave him the chills. The look that told him he was crossing that line and he knew it. The look that also told him that if he wasn’t a Advance Augment with capabilities beyond normal men that he would indeed be in for a @ss whooping when his shift was over. Even though he knew that she couldn’t and wouldn’t hurt him he gulped in a little fear of what she would do to him. She being the only one that had any sway over him at all and knew where his weakness lies with her. All he could do was lower his head a little in recognition that she wasn’t happy with him and hope she forgave him after she got some more rest.

Clarissa bit her tongue at the response, and folded her arms isntead. “Well fine. Go. But once you’re done parading him around, I want him back here. Doctor’s orders.” She emphasized.

“Captain, she scares me a little,” He said as he glanced over his shoulder towards the Doctor.

“You have no idea.” He stated when he felt they were outside of earshot range of the sickbay.

Join Post by
Danno, Loki, Durshall, and NPC Nurse Jack

Last edited by Danno on Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harper

Back to top Go down

Post  Dushall on Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:11 pm

Dushall exited the turboshaft with the unusual Starfleet officer next to him. He wasn’t sure if his wife picked up on it or if anyone else did for that matter but he remember reading his Service Records and something was amiss to him. It was the Admiral that gave the final approval over Dushall’s objections. He did have to hand it to him though, his intelligence made him a tactical tool on the ship.

Danno was walking along beside his new CO more than a little embarrassed he just met the man. He thought about what the Captain must think of him  ‘I had already come off as a slightly, well probably a little more the slightly insane, I just hoped I could show this man that I was more than crazy, well more than just plain crazy since I am icrazy as well as smart.’ He thought to himself.

Dushall tapped his combadge, =^= Dushall to Kaine, Meet me in Science lab 1.=^=

“Roger that Captain.  Reporting now.”  Kaine hugged Calle and Shannon one last time and then stood up.  After all the commotion that had happened and the marines being brought on, he decided to check in on his family to see how they had fared.  Turned out that it was very uneventful.  They had been in the kitchenette when the doors had been sealed shut, but neither of them had figured on trying it.  Even when the ship jumped to warp, they didn’t think much of it.  Looking back, Kaine was probably happy that Calle didn’t know what was going on.

Entering the Science lab they were greeted by two science officers wore were junior cryptography majors. Both had purple bags under their eyes and looked like they hadn’t slept for a week. Their eyes were bloodshot and their hands were actively shaking with small temors. The man had two days worth of growth on his face and the girls previously neatly kept hair was hanging halfway out of her hair tie and sticking out in other parts. “What the hell is the problem with you two?” He demanded as he eyed their dispicable state.

“Well sir,” The wild haired ensign said, “We were put to work on the Admirals tricorder and we haven’t had any replacement since. We’ve been up straight for ninety six hours, sir.”

Danno jumped in here, “ooo puzzle,” as he walked over to see this tricorder.

Shaking his head Dushall rubbed his eyes and made a mental note to have a close talk with the Acting Science Department Cheif, Sydney Curtis. “Both of you go and get some sleep. Dont report to duty until you are cleared by Commander Loki.” He watched as they nodded and skampered off to the wild yonder of their racks.

He barely noticed that the quirky engineer was already at the work desk looking over the two science officers notes on the tricorder. “Alright Lt. Luthor, those two officers couldn’t break the code. I need whatever information is in this tricorder. Admiral Wood thought that it was important enough to beam to the ship instead of himself. Get to work.”

“Danno,” the man mumbled automatically as he heard his last name not that he heard any thing else the captain said he was working now. He had a new puzzle a new toy to play with now and there was nothing he enjoyed more than a good puzzle. He started by looking over the notes the two techs had out. There was not anything groundbreaking done to it in terms of cracking it. They did do alright work it was just basic things most people with above average intelligence would try. He had a few things he had to look at first before he did anything that could damage the tricorder.

“I’ll be back later.  Need to check in and see what all the fuss is about.”  He didn’t let on to Calle what was going on, but Shannon gave a knowing nod.  “Just let me know if there is anything I can do.”

Kaine nodded and left his quarters.  Moments later, he was entering Science Lab 1.

Danno head popped up from the desk at the sound of the door he looked at the man who had just entered the room if he was honest with himself he would say he was slightly intimidated. He was never very good around men who expected their officers to be ‘model it was something he was never very good at. Danno just had to hope that he would keep his mouth shut and not say anything stupid. To prevent that he went back to work.

“What’s the latest?”

It wasn’t long after that “Danno” started on the tricorder that Kaine entered in his normally impressive Marine Corps bearing. “The Science officers assigned to this tricorder couldn’t acces it due to their sleep deprivation. Lt. ‘Danno’ here is an extremely intelligent officer who I think will be able to hack into it.” Turning his gaze to Danno he rubbed his chin with his hand. This might be the evidence we need, he thought to himself.

“Excellent”, said Kaine, taking a look at Lt. Danno as he handled the tricorder.  Not wanting to interrupt the Lieutenant, Kaine took up a position to the side of Dushall, but away from Danno to not crowd him.  So much was riding on them getting this information and quickly.

“Well it looks like this admiral you both seem to hold in high regard was quite smart, normally I could break down the tricorder and access what i want directed but he placed some of the locks and info needed on parts that work with in this unit that are not supposed to be there, also if i tried to remove them it would fry them and we would have bub kicks, Just to throw this out there but if he sent it to you guys are you sure he didn’t intend for you to open it, I mean some lock ment for you guys,Danno said without ever looking up from what he was working on.

It’s possible that it was never meant for us at this point.  He seems to have sent it as a last resort instead of saving himself.  But if it was meant for us, then it would have to be something fairly obvious to us, but not to anyone else.”  Kaine looked over at Dushall.  “Any ideas?”

“More than likely he placed these measures on the tricorder in case it got into the wrong hands. He knew that someone on this ship would be able to access it without damaging the data.” He looked at Danno and nodded. “He wanted you on this ship despite my objections. I think he meant that person to be you.” Although he hated to say it, Dushall knew that there was no one on this ship better qualified to hack the Admirals tricorder then this man. Not even the Chief Engineer could say that he was capable of doing it. “Can you do it?” He asked with all the intensity he contained.

“Well thanks for the vote of confidence Captain, I think I can but its not easy I mean there is no way to connect this unit to any outside computer like at all no ports no remote access that was removed there are parts in here that are not being powered either and if i am right, which i normally am they hold the key to opening files that are not on here, if i am wrong which i guess its possible for me to be wrong theoretically any ways. Anyways if I am wrong well it would fry parts that are needed to unlock the data. Plus their are fail safes to even prevent me from opening it set up tiny little power supplies to each of the 4 different parts that need to be powered,” Danno finish the last part with a shrug. “I could do it but i have to make 4 batteries that make different power outputs would take some time tho as at best I get one shot.”

Dushall stood in frustration, he understood the necessity to make it difficult to access the information but this was too much. His mind swirled and finally the room stopped spinning. An idea hit his head. One that he would have never remembered. An old trick that most people would overlook. “Lt. Danno, look for a concealed compartment anywhere on the tricorder.”

Next he ran over to the replicator, “Computer, replicate a early 21st century Micro SD USB cable with a computer plug in adapter.” The small usb appeared before him and appeared correct in what it was suppose to be able to do. He grabbed it and plugged the cable into the side of the workstation computer. “Did you find it?” He asked the engineering officer.

Danno was running his hand along it and he felt something weird under the where the sensor's are located he pushed his hand their and they popped off he looked around to see himself getting a questioning look from the marine in the room, but just behind it he found it, “Yes boss he hid it right behind the sensors a place no one would think to look. I think i like this Admiral of yours not just cuz he gave me a job. I would explain how it stayed hidden from scans but you don’t care.” He handed the tricorder over to Dushall showing him where it jack was.

“Who said you needed to teach a old dog new tricks?” Dushall joked as he watched Danno plug the sd card into the adapter. The screen lit up and the files filled the background. Then the worse thing happened anyone could hope for. A box popped up asking for a password to access the information. “Frack!” He cursed as he stood and stepped away from the screen. If he was meant to know about the hidden SD card surely the Admiral wouldn’t have made the password something he would have known.

Kaine watched on with interest as they seemed to find the way into the computer.  Kaine wasn’t even aware of the fact that he was holding his breath until he was the password login.

“Damn it.  It could be almost anything!”

Danno chose this time to add in his two cents, “If it helps when this part kicked on it sent a small data back and forth with the Redemption so if i had to guess its up to the 2 of you to open it unless we want to go back to the other way which will take me some time like days, I’m smart not a miracle worker.”

Dushall nodded his head in a negative to the young officer. “It wouldn’t be that easy. If myself or Kaine were compromised than that information would be compromised as well. It has to be you Charles.” He looked at the man. “Admiral Wood did a video interview with every officer when they were selected to join the Redemption. Like I said... you were the only one who was picked that I didn’t agree with. Was there anything that he said. A word or phrase that you remember being random. It could have been anything but at the time he may have been talking so fast you wouldn’t have given it a thought. Anything at all?”

Danno looked startled no one ever relied on him any more he was crazy who trusted a crazy person, I mean Dushall already made it clear he would rather not have him on this ship and Danno for all his bravado didn’t really blame him for that thought. “I remember every word I have ever heard in my entire life, thats what I do its what I am, its also why I spent the last 2 years in a mental hospital, In the interview when he left he said he looked forward to seeing me again. He said he remembered the first time we met was when he was the ship that found ours after most of every one was dead. He said sorry he was too slow and I would have to live with this.” The screen flashed password accepted, before opening up. “Okay now I really want to meet this Admiral.”

Dushall wiped the sweat from his brow as the password was accepted and the screen lit up. The names of the folders appeared and access was given.

”Well I’ll be a frackin’ Romulan whore”, exclaimed Kaine.  It was a shot in the dark... no it was a long range sniper shot in a black hole surrounded by a nebula, yet  Danno had managed to hit it.  Also, it gave Kaine a deeper insight into the mind and preparedness of Admiral Wood.  Even back then... he was planning.

Let’s see what it has.”

“What do you see Kaine?” Dushall asked as he paced back and forth behind him.

“Computer,  transfer files from the tricorder to the viewscreen.”  Kaine moved closer to the screen as the computer complied.  Then documents, data and spreadsheets began to spread out on the screen.  Kaine gave a low whistle and turned to the others.  “Do the names Bryce, Davison, Whitten, Ghisnel and Kranng mean anything to y’all?” he asked.  He didn’t know if they would with the Lieutenant, but they should with Dushall.

Danno frowned it was a rare time he didn’t have the answer, “I have read the records with those names all in them at least once but the ones I have read have nothing in common different age groups and a few of them are ensigns so I'm guessing the ones that they are supposed to be aren't the ones I know, also Whitten was the captain of my first ship.”

Nodding in acknowledgement Dushall leaned in closer to see, “Most of them were Captains who have lost their lives and their ships due to mysterious causes. Bryce and Ghisnel were Federation Senators who both died of heart conditions earlier this year.” Standing back up he looked at the two officers. “If this is correct, which I have no doubt it is, these files implicate the President of the Federation with the systematic assassinations of several high ranking Starfleet Officers and the murder of their crews and civilians on board as well as several political figures.”

“So that’s what was so important to Wood that he risked his life for.”  Pointing to one of the other documents in the corner, Kaine expanded it.  “It looks like all orders for those ship changed came directly from the President.  There are also a profit/ lost list of cargo vessels.  It seems that every time we lost a captain and ship, a cargo vessel carrying war material went missing a few days later in the same area.”

“I remember that last one... I thought it was weird that a cargo ship full of phasers and generators went missing in contested waters while not having an escort.  Admiral Wood seems to think that the payment was for the assassination.  As for the Senators, I can’t be sure of how they were poisoned, but they both had a meetings scheduled with Carpathia before they died.  They both were opposed to his plan to removed assets from the outlier sectors.”  

“Wait a minute are you guys telling me that what we have here if it goes to the wrong hands is going to get us all tried for treason?Asked Danny with an amazed look on his face, “Cuz you know if thats all, thats cool.”

“Danny, my boy, I think us just taking the Redemption is enough to get us all tried for treason.”  Pointing back to the information on the screen.  “The Admiral also seems to have either found or created a list of other officers that are being targeted by Carpathia.  Wood is at the top, but also Richards, Zaarin, Musial, Duchene, Muran and Rawlston... Some fairly well known officers.”

“Dun, dun dun.” Danny said dramatically while waving his hands in the air. At the look the two senior officers were giving him he added, “What the mood felt like it needed dramatic music. Okay okay I will stop”

In spite of all that was going on, Kaine grinned.  Then he became more serious.  “Well, whatever this all means, we won’t have anything unless we get Admiral Wood back.  Unfortunately, I think he is still on Earth and if we show up with the Redemption, we’re toast.”

Danno put his finger to his head as he thought, “I could change the digital info about this ship so if we are scanned it will come up as something different but if they are looking for us it won’t work for too long plus we would have to change the the big name written across the ship and that is easier said than done, so I am open to ideas.”

Dushall looked at the two officers before him. “First we let the crew know what we found. We might get to keep more of them then I hoped for. Then we find out where the Admiral is. And then we find a way to get to him.”

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top