Episode 1: Coming Together

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Episode 1: Coming Together

Post  Guest on Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:03 am

Chuckling he spoke up, "All we need is a Orion woman and a bottle of Romulan Ale and my ultimate fantasy would be coming true."

Sydney chuckled at being included in the lieutenant's fantasy. That being said, she hated being around Orion women for to long, aside from the headache's their pheromones caused, they had a bad habit of turning a bar full of cute guys into drooling moron's.

"Well, when you find a bottle of the good stuff Lieutenant, you get hold of me over the comm", Sydney replied. She hadn't had glass of Romulan ale since she entered the academy.

She glanced up as Foreman tried, to her embarassment, with much more success at getting information off the computer. She listened to the news get worse, waiting for the good news that only barely came. Even if they could get to sickbay without getting caught, what were they gonna do after that? She was pretty sure she'd be fired if they went and hid somewhere... First thing was first. Her head was busted open and Foreman wasn't looking so healthy either.

"Glad to know we're definately doomed", Sydney retorted out of frustration.

He rolled on his feet to where his back was against the bulkhead. "The call is yours. I'm in no condition to issue orders. Once my adrenaline wears out I'm probably gonna be unconscious."

She wasn't sure what to say though when Foreman passed the decision off to the girls. She really didn't feel qualified, she chose the science division for a reason. Rolling her eyes, Sydney pulled herself back to her feet and walked over to one of the downed security guards and robbed him of his uniform jacket and tricorder. The jacket was a little big, forcing her to roll up the sleeves but at the very least it made her feel more... Decent.

"Come on Captain America. Sickbay first, then we can try to play hero", Sydney told her injuried savior as she started to shuffle back down the corridor toward sickbay, "I hope you're coming too Ms. Andorian, if he keels over I'm gonna need a hand dragging his heavy @ss".

<Cory & Allana>

Back to top Go down

Post  Clarissa Loki on Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:22 am

She grimaced as his leaned in for the kiss. She wasn’t in the mood for placation, but as it stood they were on his Bridge and therefore she sucked it up like the princess she was.

"Move the wounded into the conference room and lock the door. Clara, please get our daughter comfortable in the Admirals office."

The sigh was audible, but her husband spoke over it. That statement had been the straw that broke the Cardassian camel’s back. She stood where she was, cognizant of the beeps from the Tricorder in her daughter’s hands.

“Get a team and search the Admirals quarters. That was the last place the computer picked up his signal. And bring me anything that you find. We have no more than 30 minutes to get the frack out of here or else we are going to be turned into space debris."

”Dushall... I have a patient that needs my help. The Admiral’s office is not”, she said with subtly, ”where I need to be right now. Right now we need to be in my Sickbay.”

Dushall rubbed the part of his nose where it met with his forehead while he contemplated the options he had to appease his wife and the CMO at the same time. "At the moment we are cut off from Sickbay. We need to take care of the boarding parties first and then we can worry about the sickbay."

”Then clear the boarding parties. This man will die. I don’t have what I need for the sedation. I have no more power packs in my bag... for whatever reason. All I have left is a wish and a prayer. He will die!”

"Power packs?" Dushall was clearly agitated. "Tell you what... I will divert a security team from the important mission of re-taking Engineering for you to get back to Medical. Then when you have your battery packs and we still don't have Engineering, everything will be okay. Well except for the fact that we will be blown into atoms by Carpathia's lapdog." Dushall turned to the Admirals office and walked in. But before the door shut he called Loki.

Not rising to his bait, she smiled sweetly. ”Glad we understand each other. And I don’t need a team, I’ll just take you with me.... how about Kaine? How about -” She stopped when she saw the look on one of the Bridge crew’s face. This was not the time to have this conversation, she swallowed the rest of her sentence. It was a hard thing to do. She sighed and looked back at Callie, calling her name and holding out her hand. Once inside the Admiral’s office, she watched Gracie sit in the Admiral’s chair and spin around. She was amazed that she had the strength to do that on her own. The sound of Eric’s cough was enough to stop over thinking Gracie’s actions and back to what she’d obviously missed.

”Run that past me again?

He walked over and put his hands on her arms gently and rubbed them up and down. "Look, if we can't get control of the ships engines and confirm the transfer or power controls to the Bridge, then we won't be leaving and no matter of medical attention will save that man." Leaning down he attempted eye contact. "It sucks but the lives of the entire crew are at stake here. I'm just glad you and Gracie are safe with me here."

Clarissa simply looked at him and leaned her forehead against his chest. ”Cheap. That was cheap and lovely; just the way I like it.” She laughed. ”You know as well as I do, that unless you have a thread and needle kicking around in your pocket, which I’m only half sure you might....” She paused and eye balled him before continuing, ”I can’t just sit here and let him die. He was following orders, which you know all together too well. He doesn’t have much time. The stuff I jury-rigged is only a band-aid, he will die if he hasn’t already.”

Dushall held her close to him as he looked out the porthole and unto the stars. "I know. But whether he knew what he was doing or not there is always a chance you will die when you put the uniform on. There should be a Emergency Medical bag on the Bridge near the science station. Right now we are in triage mode. You have to make do with what you can."

Turning he stepped to the door. "You know the entire ship is fitted with holo emmiters. If you need help the EMH program is available. It’s the only one that was installed so far."

”That was the bag that I was using. The battery power is dead. It’s a new bag.” She looked puzzled and then got a brilliant look on her face. She grinned wildly. ”Do you wanna guess what I’m thinking?”

Dushall recognized the look on her face. It was one that he learned to trust. Over time though he quickly realized that he would never know what she was really thinking. They were just two different people and came to their ideas differently. "If you’re thinking about reprogramming the EMH into a self multiplying super soldier, then I'm onboard!"

She quickly bent over and kissed Gracie on the head and turned on her heel, grabbing a fistfull of her husband’s tunic and pulling him into her quickly and kissed him. ”No. But I have a better idea. You like my ideas. I’m sure if we get out of this alive, maybe I'll have another one or two shortly after you put Callie to sleep. Watch a learn, grasshoppa!”

"Just try not to wake the neighbors this time." He smiled as he leaned in for another passionate kiss.

"Eww" came a sickened voice as Callie-Grace stuck her tongue out at her mom and dad kissing.

Dushall looked at his daughter and started chuckling. "It gets harder and harder to find 'us' time since we became parents."

Clarissa simply nodded and shook her head. That was a conversation for another day.

Another rockin' JP with 'I'm gonna get some!' Dushall and 'I said maybe' Loki

Clarissa Loki
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Clarissa Loki on Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:33 am

Walking onto the Bridge, Clarissa Loki called out for the EMH.

"State the nature of the medical emergency." Stated the female hologram.

Pointing at the injured security officer on the floor of the Bridge, the Doctor strode up to him. "How long does he have left?"

"Doctor, did you activate me because you are uncertain of how to perform your job?"

"Do you or don't you know the answer to my question?" Clarissa responded through gritted teeth and kept her fists against her thighs. It was no use fighting at this point in the game.

"The male in question has only a few minutes of useable lung tissue, the internal bleeding is almost too far gone. Why have you not completed your laser scalpel procedure?"

"Battery pack died. You're not very observant."

"And you have activated me for what reason then?" Responded the EMH, who placed her hand on her hip.

This action gave Clarissa a moment of pause and then shook her head. "I need a power source to help this man, unless you have a needle and thread up your -" She paused as a very loud cough from who she assumed was her husband, stopped her from finishing that sentence. She gaped in silence as the EMH turned and looked at Commander Dushall.

"Admiral Wood is not in his Ready Room. Although your child is. Do not be alarmed."

Dushall looked at the EMH quizzically. "Correct, but what are y-" His speech halted as the EMH walked away from the Bridge and entered the Ready Room where Gracie was now fast asleep and drooling on the Admiral's chair. The sleeping child could be found clutching a damaged replica of an Excelsior class starship that she had managed to rip from the stand that was unfortunately placed near a chair, a chair that had never intended to have a toddler play on.

"What the frack?" Loki said aloud with a shrug. The programming of her EMH was going to be looked at after this crisis was over. She started to move forward and stopped at the insistent gasping of the injured intruder, came back with a rush and realized that the bleeding had moved into his lungs. "Dushall, this man is going to die!"

Tapping the Doctor's shoulder, the EMH handed her the laser scalpel with a new charged pack "Here." And continued, "The replicators are working you know..."

Quickly moving the scalpel over the gaping wound that was now pouring out blood faster then before, the coughing and gasping had ripped open the wound worse then before. Clarissa silently worked, unaware of who was standing around her and watching or what else was happening. Nothing else mattered or existed during those moments.

As the instrument shut off with a finality, Clarissa Loki stood unaware of the blood that had seeped into her blue tunic where she had wiped her hands. The blood had pooled in the man's lungs, there had been too much time and not enough resources. She shook her head with sadness at the man's death and that she'd let someone die on her watch. Another of Carpathia's scrooges had paid for their loyalty to him, with their lives. She looked at Dushall.

"End this now."

Short JP with the attitude requirement adjustment need EMH and myself, forgetful Jane... errr... Doctor Loki

Last edited by Clarissa Loki on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Clarissa Loki
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Allana on Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:28 am

*--------- Allana shrugged and nodded. “You don’t have any access. Hell I don’t even have a uniform. I look like I out of some sort of action holo. Right now there should be a dozen zombies that I have to kill running down the hallway.” But she fell in line with the other two officers. “I’m Allana, the ship’s new Chief of Operations. I just arrived when all of this was going down. Some security terd thought that they would manhandle me and now he is sleeping it off in the cargo bay.” She flashed a grin at both Sydney and Corey. “Not that I don’t like to be manhandled, but damn if I didn’t even get his name. No manners at all.” As they rounded a corner, she stopped briefly to check out the next section of corridor and then waved them up. “All Clear so far. And instead of an Orion woman, we should probably pick a Trill. Orions women are soo greedy and if the Trill is Joined, then he or she would possibly have centuries of experiences. I remember this one…” her voice trailed off and she shook her head. “Later.” Was all that she said.

*--------- As they reached the turbolift, Allana was surprised that it was still operational. Then again, if she intruders were confident they had collected everyone, then why shut down their only route to move around. Of course, she thought, they could be tracking them right now. They had better hurry before they got caught in an ambush. That would really ruin her day and her dress.

*--------- “Looks like this will take us to Deck 12 where the Medical Department is located. Whether there is a nurse or doctor on staff is another question, but most of these ships have that EMH so we should be okay.” Allana looked directly at Corey, who was still wincing in pain. “Of course if I have to carry your heavy @ss, then most of that bottle will mine.” She looked at Sydney in her white jogging outfit covered up with an oversized jacket, Corey, holding his side and then at herself in a tight black halter top dress and shook her head. Yep, we are definitely equipped to save the universe.

*-- tag Sydney/Corey--*

Allana
Chief Operations Officer
Chief Operations Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsey on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:02 pm

With Loki taking control of the medical situation of the injured intruder, Kaine had shifted his attention back to the remaining security guards that he held at bay with the phaser rifle. They looked especially angry at being overtaken as they were. He noticed that one of them was tensing and brought the phaser rifle around to direct the business end right between his eyes.

“Don’t even think about it. I’m blast your head off right now and then console your wife tonight.”

"Move the wounded into the conference room and lock the door. Clara, please get our daughter comfortable in the Admirals office."

”You got it Captain.” With a flick of the muzzle he ordered the remaining security officers to the back of the bridge, where the conference room was. He paused briefly drop the rifle and grab two phasers. If they tried to rush him on the ramp, the rifle would have been too long. They could have gotten underneath it and taken him. Now, he had double the firepower.

As they entered the conference room, the one security guard gave him another look and tensed.

“Oh hell no, we are not going to play that game”, said Kaine, depressing the trigger on both phasers. Beams shot out from both phasers hitting each one several times. They dropped to the ground with heavy thuds. Kaine shot them again, just to make sure, and removed their combadges.

As if to answer their looks, he said. “I only stunned them. They should be out for a couple of hours.” Returning to the Security Console, he frowned. “We have shields up and weapons, but no engines… not even impulse. Unless we get control of Engineering, we are dead. Also, sensors show that two more ships have taken up position around us. They are the USS Racine and the USS Warspite.”

Great, he thought. That puts us up against an Akira, Prometheus, and a Sovereign class starship. Even if they were to get moving, they’d be dead before they could jump to warp. Whatever was on that tricorder was the only thing keeping them alive. He muted the transmission so that Admiral Reynolds would only see them.

“Captain, I have a plan, but it is tricky and still dangerous, but it plays to the man’s pride.”

{tag Dushall – in a JP}

Ramsey
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:20 pm

Arkham and Adama took the security team with them into the depth of the ship, around them chaos reigned as crewmen with mixed orders didn't know who to fight for or had a clue as to what was going on, some were all ready captured and on their knees.

Arkham flew into Engineering and shouted to Lt Jessop "Lt, Seal that door! now!" the Lt jumped to it and lit up the laz torch and began to seal the main doors.

Adama was handed Arkham the Engineering internal comm line "Fellow Engineers, this is your Chief. This ship is being raided by men masquerading as Star Fleet marines and officers, we must at all costs hold Engineering for we are the beating heart and without us the ship is nothing. Im ordering you to man your stations, seal all the exits and prepare for further orders".

Lucius grabbed the brass rail that ran around bottom of the warp core and stared up the several levels above that made up Engineering, his office right on the top but he had to act now. Getting into the service lift he was taken up several levels and stepped out onto Engineerings bridge, all around him his Engineers worked to seal the exits.

Adama grabbed Lucius by his arm "How do you know that we are not the rebels being chased by the authorities? im not going to die here because an Xo and his staff have decided to go rogue!" Lucius nodded and let out an "Oh right. Well Adama my instincts are telling me that we are in the right, something about all of this stinks to high heaven and its our job to stand firm. Now jump to it and help me".

Adama simply nodded "I would follow you to Hel and back if need be old friend".

Inside the Chiefs office Lucius Arkham hit a button and before his eyes lit up a holographic engineering console, he had this installed before coming aboard. Hitting several holo buttons he flitted the screens around until finding what he needed.

Punching the buttons he asked the computer "Computer, disable Arkham Niner six X Albertus Magnus. Root Major Epsilon IX Benedictus and engage Odin" the computer complied and for a brief moment Engineering plunged into darkness.

The lights came back on and Arkham let out a sigh of relief, "Odin are you fully engaged" he asked. an almost angelic voice responded "Yes Lucius" the old man nodded "Odin I want a secure link to Captain Dushall" the computer complied.

=^= Captain Dushall this is Chief Arkham, we are on a secure line. I have sealed Central Engineering and I have re-routed Engineering's main computer through my own Lab computer, I am running Engineering through my own purpose designed program. We are now disengaged from the main ships computer and secure from outside interference. Please respond=^=

Tag Dushall

Back to top Go down

Post  Dushall on Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:46 pm

LT Corey Foreman
Security Officer
USS Redemption, Deck 12

“Looks like this will take us to Deck 12 where the Medical Department is located. Whether there is a nurse or doctor on staff is another question, but most of these ships have that EMH so we should be okay.”Allana looked directly at Corey, who was still wincing in pain. “Of course if I have to carry your heavy @ss, then most of that bottle will mine.”

Corey tried to laugh but the effort was too much for the pain. So he just grinned as much as he could. All in all he was doing okay given the situation. He was in a tremendous amount of pain but was able to compose himself enough to wear it just looked like a little discomfort. In reality he wish he was alone in a open field so that he could scream and curl up into a little ball until it went away. "Ladies, if we get through this I'll get you each a bottle of the good stuff." He was serious as he grinned about it.

His entire record showed that he was a by the book officer. A shinning example for all to follow in line. But just like every day has it's night, so too did LT Corey Foreman. Certain aspects of him, that not even a detailed back ground check by Starfleet Intelligence could reveal, was that he had a expensive taste in liqour and a gift for gambling. Normally the two went hand in hand. On his previous assignment he was the founder of a underground highstakes poker club. When it was busted by the stations Commander they came up short when trying to find the ringleader.

Making a mental note of the three bottles he would have to pull out of his hidden stash he instantly pushed it to the back of his mind. There was more important things that needed to be taken care of first. His breathing became harder with every meter they walked down the corridor to Sickbay. When the door came into view his spirits were lifted. Maybe I have a chance, he thought to himself.

They stuck to the wall and when he came up to the door he peered in. He jerked back and leaned his head against the bulkhead. "Frack!" He cursed just lound enough so that Allana and Sydney could hear him. "Four guards, Two infront of the door backs to us and two more at 10 and 2 o'clock 5 feet further into the sickbay. About 6 personell sitting on the floor against the back wall. Mix uniform colors."

<Tag Allana and Sydney>

Back to top Go down

Post  Allana on Mon Mar 04, 2013 5:11 pm

*--------Allana moved to switch positions with Foreman and then peeked around the corner. A split second later she moved her head back around. “Just as the Lieutenant here indicated”, she said. Looking between Sydney and Corey. Then she gave a wicked grin. “But they are men. I have an idea!”

*--------Backing down the hallway, she came to a weapons locker and opened it. Taking out one hand phaser, she brought it back to the group. Examining it, she put the weapon on a stun setting. Then she handed the rifle to Corey.

*---------“Okay, so here is the plan”, Allana explained, not quite able to keep the glee out of her voice. “Set your weapons to stun as well. I’ll take out the guards at the farthest end of the med bay and then you two hit the guards on this side. Then we will be free and clear.” At the incredulous look on their faces, she smiled wickedly. “It is because they are men and I am not.”

*---------With that, Allana unzipped her dress and let it fall to the ground, stepping out of it. To say that her underwear was NOT Starfleet approved would have been an understatement. “A stitch of clothing” would have been more appropriate, but that would be considered minor since she was now topless. “I find that boots, a thong, and a hidden phaser get more done than a squad of security officers. “Just don’t miss!” Without time for them to argue she stepped out from behind the corner, holding the phaser at the small of her back.

*---------Obviously, the guards were more concerned about their charges than anything else, because Allana made it all the way up to the entrance of the medical bay before they even turned around. Thrusting her breasts out, she sighed, heaving her chest. “I’ve seem to lost my clothes. Can one of you help me?”

*---------They just stood there and gawked. They obviously weren’t expecting a naked 6 foot Andorian Woman to come walking through the place. As their eyes dipped lower, she thought, and that’s a man for you. Their eyes diverted, she brought up the phaser and depressed the trigger as she aimed at the man on her right. He was down on the ground before the others even had a chance to register the shot. The man on her left was looking up at her dumbfoundedly and fumbling for his phaser, but he was never going to get to it in time. She smiled and fired another shot at him, catching him in the chest and pitching him backwards. Shouts from behind her alerted her to the fact that the others realized what was happening. She threw herself behind one of the tables and kept her head down, hoping that both Sydney and Corey were up to snuff.

{tag Sydney – sorry I couldn’t help myself}

Allana
Chief Operations Officer
Chief Operations Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:53 am

He may have been a security officer but Foreman was certainly persistant. There were parts of their journey to Sickbay where she thought he may die on her, but he was pretty resilient for a human grunt. They definately made the oddest trio of resistance fighters in any species history. It still seemed out of place for Starfleet security forces to occupy a Starfleet vessel by force. Federation uprising? If her head didn't hurt so much, she would have laughed at the very idea of such a thing. No one in Starfleet or the Federation had the spine to pull a stunt like that.

Sydney felt a deep sigh of relief as she saw the doors to Sickbay. Finally a biobed and a dermal-regenerater was almost within reach. That was when Foreman shattered her daydream as he jerked his head back from his survellience and explained the situation.

That was when Allana piped up with an idea. At first Sydney didn't mind the plan, until the Andorian stripped down to nothing as part of it. Sydney raised an eyebrow in disbelief as the Andorian armed herself and prepared to strolled into Sickbay starkers. It was at that moment that she knew... This was going to be one of those stories the Starfleet recruitment holograms advertise.
"
...I'm a scientist, not a commando!", Sydney protested to the Andorian. Not that it mattered, as Allana commenced her plan. Sydney quickly ran to the open weapons locker and awkwardly armed herself with a hand phaser.

Sydney heard the pause in phaser fire and heard the guards shouting. Waiting for Foreman's lead, Sydney peaked around the corner, pointed her phaser at the first guard she saw, closed her eyes and depressed the trigger button. When she opened them again, the guard she had aimed at was down on the ground unconscious.

A job well done, even if she did say so herself.

With a groan of disgust, Sydney held the phaser out and dropped it on the floor like it was a used handkerchief. Weapons were definately not her forte...

<Tag Cory>

Back to top Go down

Post  Dushall on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:51 am

When Allana unzipped right in front of them he sat dumbfounded. His initial reaction was lost before he could control himself and force his gaze on her face. "I cant believe this is happening." He said as he turned and looked at Sydney. Before he could give her a 'your turn' look Allana had stepped into sickbay and Sydney got up and ran to the locker. Although she was in a oversized security coat he couldn't help but notice the firm bounce she had on her back side. It was enough to make him smile and give him the energy to roll onto his feet.

The phaser fire was their que and Corey rounded the corner and spotted his target. With Allana catching their eye and pulling their fire over to her behind a table, Corey and Sydney were able to catch them off guard. This was one of the times that Corey was thankful that all personal phaser weapons auto targeted center mass on live targets. So all he had to do was point and shoot.

With this last surge of adrenaline the pain in his chest was not even recognizable. It was a dull thrum no more painful then that sore feeling the morning after a good workout. He brought the rifle to bear on his target and the instant he pulled the trigger he realized he knew the face. The shot stunned his target and threw him against the bulkhead and too the ground. "Clear!" he yelled to let everyone know that the last man was down.

Taking full advantage of the adrenaline surge he was going through he walked over to the target he had taken down. The average sized man was laying on his chest. He kicked the mans rifle to the side and reached down and pulled out his phase pistol and threw it out of arms reach. Finally he poked the man in the side and when he was satisfied he was out like a light he took a knee next to him. The adrenaline was wearing off and the pain was returning. Only this time it was unbearable. He knew that this was it. Either he was going to pass out and wake up in a med bed or his heart or mind was about to give out on him.

He grabbed the shoulder of the unconscious man and rolled him over with all his remaining strength. The overhead light of the med bay shone on his face and a realization hit him like a tsunami. "MACK!" He practically yelled while he lost his balance and fell backwards, hitting his head against the bulkhead and then everything went black...

(Tag Sydney and Allana)

Back to top Go down

Post  Dushall on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:52 am

Captain, I have a plan, but it is tricky and still dangerous, but it plays to the man’s pride.”

Dushall heard the Second Officer speak up and wondered why he wasn't heading down to the Admirals Quarters to find the cause of all of this, that blasted tricorder. "Speak up Kaine." At this rate he was open to any suggestions.

"The only thing keeping us from being blown up is that Tricorder. Once we hand it over, we are all loose ends that need to be dealt with. We won't be leaving this ship alive and that includes our daughters. I for one don't mind dying to protect the Federation, but you don't threaten my daughter. Nobody will know the truth and we will all be made out to be traitors. The fact that it is the Warspite and the Thunderchild tell me that Carpathia is behind this. The Admiral not being here is just too much of a coincidence. We need to get away from here and then plan our next action, not react to Carpathia. Would you agree?"

Dushall nodded. The new bridge officer was proving his worth. He had been putting the pieces together since that lard appeared on his screen. It was just to much of a coincidence to him. "I do agree." He rested his chin on his closed fist.

"Once they get their hands on that tricorder then we are stardust. Our only option is to make a tacticle advance to the rear. But by doing so we will be labeled as traitors." Dushall turned and looked Admiral Reynolds in his eyes. Knowing he couldn't hear him Dushall smiled.

Turning back to Kaine he walked up to his side, "It seems our only option is to run. When we are able to breath we will ask the crew who is with us. Until then we keep everyone in their quarters and let out those we can trust." He looked around the bridge and at the various officers, "The Chief Engineer should be on his way to engineering. Hopefully we should have impulse and warp control soon."

Kaine turned so that Admiral Reynolds wouldn’t see his wicked grin. “What if we conned him into letting us just walk out of here?” At the look that Dushall gave him, he continued.

“He has no idea how things are going over here. If we try to move right now, we are finished. But if we use the holodeck. We could re-create the bridge there and he wouldn’t know the difference. We could have holograms of the men in the conference room break out and shoot us. They would recover the tricorder and ask to have their men beamed out. We lower shields, they beam off all the security teams and then we jump out. By the time he realizes that he has been tricked, we’ll be at warp 9 headed for anywhere.”

Kaine paused to see how Dushall was taking it.

“So what do you think?”

Dushall shook his head in a side to side motion as he went over the different scenarios in his head. "One of two things will happen. I believe Reynolds order is to destroy us once he has the tricorder so even if he thinks he has the tricorder then he will fire everything hes got at us and kill us all. That split second he beams his teams over he could beam a warhead over without us knowing or just launch torpedoes and get us that way."

He looked at the screen and saw the two ships directly in front of the Redemption outside of the space dock. He thought about all the innocent scientist and engineers on the station that surrounded the Redemption. "If we warp jump in this dock then we risk destroying this dock and killing every innocent that is within it. Not to mention even ourselves." He noticed a slight gap underneath the bellies of the two ships. "We would have to clear the dock. Ramming the ships is not a option, but if we get control of the engines then we can shoot our way out. The shields should be able to hold against their firepower and we will rotate 180 degrees to keep the nacelles safe. Once we are clear of the station then we jump. I don't care if we are too close to the Admirals ship. If we are lucky we will take him out as well."

Kaine didn’t waste time arguing for his plan. He could see the Captain wasn’t fond of it and they didn’t have time to argue about the logistics of it. He’d work on it later as a viable option if they ever needed it… if they lived through this.

“I see your point on the innocents stationed around the dock.” He tapped the screen, bringing up the older Akira class Starship. We should aim for the Racine, sir. It’s older and has less armament. Plus her CO, Captain Hess would be more hesitant to fire on a friendly ship. The others might be less eager to fire on her as well to get to us. Reynolds had no love of being caught behind the bloodshed. It should give us time to get free.”

A ping from the console drew his attention down. “It looks like one of their teams was just taken out sir. There is someone out there still fighting.”

He looked over at Dushall. “Permission to leave the bridge sir. Since everything hinges on us getting Engineering controls back. That’s where I need to be.”

Just as Kaine finished Dushall looked towards the screen and something told him that his plan would not go right. They needed a way to get the other ships distracted and moving away from them. "Kaine before you leave, what if we combe the two. We don’t want to drop our shields for any reason. What if we do what you suggested but instead of having to lower our shields we lock them out and set the ship to self-destruct in the holo. The remainder of Reynolds' boarding party will flee the ship in a couple escape pods on the bridge. The other ships will tractor the pods with a couple of gagged and tied up officers and flee to escape the blast range. That will give us the opportunity to make it out of dock and jump to warp."

The smile on Dushall's face was obvious. Usually the best plan was not your own idea or anyone else’s own idea. It was the compromise and combination of ideas that proved to be the best.

Kaine got a wicked grin on his face and returned to the tactical station. “Aye, aye sir!” He quickly locked the shields up and then locked the controls so that no one except him or Dushall could manipulate them. Then he disconnected all external computer interfaces so that the shipyard, or the Admiral could override them. After that he went back to the conference room and tagged the combadges back onto the intruding security officers. He didn’t care which one went with who, he just stuck them where ever. When he was done, he came back out and access control of the transporters and did a site to site transport of the group to the nearest escape pod. Then he nodded at Dushall and returned is gaze to the screen.

=^= Captain Dushall this is Chief Arkham, we are on a secure line. I have sealed Central Engineering and I have re-routed Engineering's main computer through my own Lab computer, I am running Engineering through my own purpose designed program. We are now disengaged from the main ships computer and secure from outside interference. Please respond=^=

=^= Good job Chief.=^= Everything was coming into place. Dushall looked about the bridge. He spoke knowing that the Admiral couldn't hear them. "Ladies and gentlemen in a couple of minutes several holo security officers are going to burst onto the bridge and shoot us. It will be enough to send you to the ground but not enough to stun you. Stay down until the screen closes. Looking up at Kaine he nodded.

By now Admiral Reynolds’ face was a vivid shade of purple and Kaine realized that he had been screaming at them for a bit of time. Spittle and foam flew from his mouth and Kaine thought he looked like a rabid dog. Opening the comm, he spoke, while giving a nod to Dushall.

“Admiral Reynolds, I haven’t seen you that worked up since you abandoned us on during the Dominion War. You should calm down sir. Shall I call you a nurse to dab your forehead with a moist towellette?”

Kaine knew that he was bating the Admiral, but the more worked up he was, the less this man was able to think clearly. Kaine then shot a look to Dushall, letting him know that they were ready.

"Admiral Reynolds," Dushall held up the tricorder that he pulled from his office. "How am I too know for sure that I can..." His words were cut off by the sounds of phaser fire. He spun and saw the officers on the back of the bridge fall while he pulled his pistol to bear on the holo projections of fake security officers. He fired and the first one fell but another replaced him and he felt the shot hit his chest. Falling backward he landed and saw Kaine fall sortly after.

As soon as he fell the computer chimed in. ACTIVATING PROTOCOL LAST STAND. It was a sub protocol of Rouge Protocol. If all officers on the bridge were taken out by hand phasers or enemy boarding parties then the ship automatically entered a self destruct mode with prior authorization. It would give 10 minutes before the ship would destroy itself. No one, not even the chief engineer could avert it. He knew the crew would worry and try for the escape pods but would find them locked. The only pods that were accessible were the pods on the bridge.

A young security officer walked over to Dushalls body and picked up the tricorder still gripped in his hand. "We are locked out of shield control and the rest of the main computer. There is no way we can stop the self destruct sequence." Shouted a holo officer at the operations station.

The officer with the tricorder looked at the Admiral, "Sir, we are taking the escape pods. They will get us away in time but you need to get your ships a safe distance and evacuate the space dock immediately." He turned to the rest of the holo team and barked his orders, "To the escape pods men! Move Move Move!"

The screen went out and the holo officers faded. Dushall stood and turned towards Ensign Devor. "Launch the two pods with the tied up security teams in them." He heard a crisp "Aye Sir" as the young female officer obeyed his order and he heard the two pods launch from their placements in the hull. "Helm, wait till the ships are a safe distance away and take us ahead full and when clear of the dock engage max to coordinates 079 mark 418."

It was just a minute when the ship moved forward and was clear of the space dock. "Helm, Engage max warp." Almost instantly the stars started to streak by them. He let out a very audible sigh as he sat in the Admirals chair and laid his head on his hand.

(A joint post between Kaine and Dushall)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:05 am

| Tybalt
| Runabout Saragosa
| Somewhere out there...

“So Top,” Sergeant Burrows asked, her Earther-British accent plain even after all the years she had spent off world, her hands busy resorting the cards in them for the ever present game of Spades, “were the Tyrannosaurs as bad as they say their were?” she enquired with mischief sparkling in her eyes.

Two places, and three tricks, down Tybalt winced at the joke that was practically as old as the dinosaurs in question. Before he could reply however the third of their little game piped in.

”Don’t be daft Burrows” he opined, apparently serious “Top used to eat them for breakfast!” he finished, with a smiliar teasing smirk to that Burrows was wearing.

Tybalt grunted in mock indignation, “Firstly” he declared, “Andorian” he insisted, waving his free hand for emphasis, “Tyrannosaurs are Terran” he told them, “and secondly nobody ever ate them for breakfast” he asserted, his tone staying gruff and hard, condensing even, momentarily knocking the smiles from his fellow NCOs' faces. “They were always more of a morning tea type thing” he suddenly added, “with tea and cucumber sandwiches” he finished, miming a very poor impression of Burrows’ accent and drinking some tea with pinky extended, getting the laughs he expected.. and the scoring padd thrown at him.

He also managed to slap down an ace that finally got him level pegging with the young lass fresh to her stripes and the senior NCO’s ‘mess’; such as it was on the packed runabout anyway.

They were one of several, together holding a full company strength of the 2nd Force Reconnaissance Battalion, out here in the middle of nowhere on sealed orders that had another ten minutes before the officers commanding could even open them. Of course the deployment to get here had been done in double time, snatching them from their barracks at ‘Oh Christ’ in the morning and shuttling them out before they even had a chance to get a decent brew inside them.

To sit on their hands and wait….

Hence the card game and the banter while they made good on every military’s policy of ‘Hurry up and Wait’

“Seriously Top” Burrows continued, deterred not in the least by the jab at her own accent, “Just when did you join up?”

“Let’s put it this way kid” Tybalt replied, his grit and gravel tone still easy and light.. well as much as it got after all the years of shouting at dumbass letherneck riflemen and recalcitrant civilians, “I already had a long service pin or two when Kirk sat down with the pasty-heads at Khitomer”

“Shii-“ Burrows replied, only to bee cut off as the other sergeant stole the next trick and all but knocked her out of the game.

“So” the winner offered as they reshuffled and began dealing again, the movements as well practiced as any they did with their carbine, “any idea what this bull is about?” he asked, waving a chin around to indicate the continued drifting on a deep space marker.

“Not a frakking clue” Tybalt replied honestly, “probably some pointless training drill or another someone in fleet came up with” he suggested, “Frack all chance of seeing action here” he insisted… while lightyears away the blood of two decapitated security men was still drying on the Redemption-A’s ready room carpet.

“Yeah” the others agreed, matching his disappointed tone; they were Force Recon marines, doing the job not for money or reward but because they wanted to be Force recon, because they belonged there, and all the recent talk by Carpathia of peace… well it wasn’t really what they wanted to hear.

Sure it was good in theory, a nice thing for all those civvies out there that didn’t make their lives on the frontlines, but if these marines didn’t actually enjoy their calling then they would have been somewhere else entirely.

Not sitting in a cramped runabout, playing cards and chewing the fat in the dark depths of space

Back to top Go down

Post  Clarissa Loki on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:40 pm

The EMH had shimmered easily from the Bridge to the Sickbay, as no-one had thought to deactivate her after the fiasco on the Bridge with the Chief Medical Officer and her now dead patient.

“State the nature of your medical emergency.” After a momentary pause, she tilted her head at the Androrian who was replacing the shoulder strap of her garment. “This is not your scheduled time for your physical, Lieutenant JG Azure.”

As the other two officers trooped into the doorway, a female and an extremely injured male, the EMH moved past the now clothed Chief of Operations.
"MACK!"

“Nope, EMH. But I guess I’ll take it.” The hologram swiftly assisted the demure red headed Science Ensign who had buckled under the weight of Lieutenant Foreman. “If you’re done fiddling with your clothes, would you mind giving me a hand, he hit his head badly and I think he may have crushed this poor Ensign in the process.”

(Tag Sydney, Allana and Cody)

The EMH now known as Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Clarissa Loki
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsey on Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:38 am

== USS Thunderchild ==
== Main Bridge ==

Admiral Reynolds was acutely aware of everyone’s eyes on him on the bridge, though thankfully for them, no one said anything. Not that they had to… he was spouting off enough garbage with such venom that it would have probably burned through their hull if it were a weapon.

“Admiral Reynolds, I haven’t seen you that worked up since you abandoned us on during the Dominion War. You should calm down sir. Shall I call you a nurse to dab your forehead with a moist towellette?”

Well ,that set him off again on another tirade. The security officer in the back just rolled his eyes and sat back and watched the show.

Then, much to everyone’s surprise, the downed security agents broke free from the conference room and charged the bridge crew of the Redemption. Both Dushall and Kaine went down fairly quick from phaser blasts and Lt. Averson picked up the tricorder that this whole ordeal had been about and looked at the screen. His joy turned to terror in a second as the red lights and klaxons were sounding.

“Sir, we are taking the escape pods. They will get us away in time but you need to get your ships a safe distance and evacuate the space dock immediately." He turned to the rest of the team and barked his orders, "To the escape pods men! Move Move Move!"

That was enough for Admiral Reynolds. “HELM, back us up from the Redemption. Inform Racine and Warspite to do the same. Have the dock evacuated immediately.”

As the ship began to more back, escape pods fired off from the Redemption as their security teams raced to evacuate the ship. The fact that none of them took the time to unseal the rest of the crew didn’t matter to them. Likewise, on the other side, the Racine and the Warspite were turning away from the dock and moving away from the impending explosion. Just like the Thunderchild, they were directing all power to the shields.

The dock was a frantic wave of activity with those who could not reach the transporters taking off in any ship that they could. The space around the dock was now be filled with shuttle pods and worker bee pods.

Admiral Reynolds only started to relax when they were far enough away that the explosion wouldn’t kill him. Then he looked back at the Redemption.

IT WAS MOVING!!!

“Damn it, fire on that blasted ship!”

“Can’t sir! We have too many small shuttles in the way. We could destroy them. Plus our power is to the shields.”

Infuriated, Admiral Reynolds watched as the Redemption jumped forward, following a wave of shuttles, using them like a screen. As they scrambled to get out of the way, the Redemption went to warp and disappeared.

Anger and dread built up inside of the Admiral. Carpathia would not be happy to hear about this turn of events, even if they had the tricorder… but at least they had the tricorder.

“I’ll be in my Ready Room. Bring me the tricorder when you have collected the escape pods.”

==Aftermath==

It was only an hour later that there was a chime at his door.

“Come.”

In walked a Lieutenant with a sheepish look on his face.

“Well, the tricorder.”

“There wasn’t one sir. After going back over the logs, we realized that there was a holograph overlay of the Redemption’s bridge. The whole thing was staged. All we have are our troops back, minus 5 members. It was a trick.”

Admiral Reynolds turned a sickly color of yellow. And at that time, his console pinged, indicating that Carpathia wanted to be updated.

Ramsey
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:58 am

| Tybalt
| Runabout Saragosa
| Somewhere out there...

When the ready signal came through the cards and makeshift table disappeared with speed born of long practice, shoved back into gear and rack respectively before the chime of warning was even done with its second beep. There was of course always the chance that such precautions were unnecessary, but the players were NCO's and being caught out was something that most of them had a sincere aversion to.

This time however there was no false need, the announced words rapidly going to to detail that they would be moving to the primary rendezvous immediately, and that all should be stowed for transit.

With a nod the NCO's split up and spread about to make sure that their various charges were doing just that, hurrying the slower ones along and waking the one or two that had decided to snatch some sleep instead.

Then they were back to their cramped seats, buckling their belts in and settling back for the acceleration as the nacelles of their craft and of the others accompanying them that made up the rest of the company flared their brilliant blue and launched them back to warp, headed for yet another formless point in space, where hopefully their new assignment would be awaiting them.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:04 am

| Tybalt
| Runabout Saragosa
| Somewhere out there...

There was a Ping on the Communication Console of the Saragosa. The image that appeared stated it was from the Office of the President of the UFP. It was of highest security meant only for the Master Sergeant's eyes. Once he appeared the link opened.

It was President Carpathia, dresses as he always was in a black suit. His face was deathly pale and his cheeks were hollowed, but his eyes still had that fire in them. His manner, while outwardly appearing relaxed, did not convey any depth of emotion.

"Ah Master Sergeant Th’Idran. It seems that I have a very special mission for you and your marines, sir. Once that will 'play to your abilities', I suppose and interestingly enough it will go along with your current assignment."

From the moment that that first instantly recognisable image had flared into existence on the screen Tybalt had gotten a sinking feeling deep in his meat-gut, the words that rolled out of the President's mouth did absolutely nothing to reduce that, in fact they did anything but. Worst of all though was the reference to 'playing to abilities'. The last time Tybalt had been in receipt of orders from the Office of the Executive it had been a little mining operation on a Jungle world... and if he needed any reminders how that turned out he got them every single frikkin time he looked in the mirror... and all too often still when he saw the disappointment in the eyes of seniors who acquainted themselves with his record.

Unfortunately when he tried to figure a reason why the President himself might be calling him by name, rather than any of the company's officers, that shameful episode floated all too easily to the top, and he had to physically fight his antennae from curling back as visible evidence of how deep that hurt.

"Mr President Sir" he replied anyway, bracing up smartly by reflex rather than actual design. "We can be overheard" he warned, half hoping that would be enough to dissuade the man from whatever he was up to, but guessing not. It would after all be only a small matter to kick the pilots temporarily out of the cockpit and secure that location for whatever talk this most powerful of politicians wanted.

Carpathia waved his hand away dismissively. “They can stay, I really do not care. As the job does concern them, I am okay with them hearing the mission”, came the response in clipped tones. On the screen Carpathia’s face was replaced with a Sovereign Class Starship. Underneath it the name of the ship appeared... USS Redemption - A.

“Whether you knew this or not, the USS Redemption-A was to be your original assignment with your team reporting to a Lt. Colonel Zethra Kaine. It appears that the XO and Kaine illegally commandeered the ship from the Utopia Planetia Shipyards. They are on their way to your location as we speak. You will keep that appointment, but I’ve changed your mission. I want you to go along with what they tell you, which will obviously be some story about me and Admiral Reynolds. Then at the time of my choosing, I will send you a signal and I want you and your squad to retake the ship. Any questions?”

“Sir” Tybalt agreed, with the long learned non-committal acknowledgement of countless NCO’s, “May I ask why this mission is not following the chain of command?” he said, fighting an almost untenable need to wince. Because here was the problem, on one hand this was the Commander in Chief of all the forces of the Federation, on the other this was a man asking him to do something on faith, without offering any evidence to back up his claims, prove his identity or for that matter following the established protocols that should have been observed.... like asking this of Tybalt’s officers rather than himself, like telling the Secretary for the Fleet, or one of the handy ‘Chiefs’ to make this call.

It wasn’t like the ‘mission’ was a small thing either, here he was being asked to commit an act of mutiny, to raise his weapons against people not only wearing the same uniform as he but senior people wearing that uniform; to use possibly lethal force to take down people who had sworn the same oaths he had.

Had Tybalt been a decade of eight younger he wouldn’t have thought twice about an instant agreement, trusting the gold chanel clearance to be all the proof he needed; but Tybalt still remembered the weeks in the brig, the looming threat of dishonourable discharge and all the rest of the storm that had followed him when he had failed to ask questions about ‘extraordinary’ orders.

If this man was trying to take advantage of the reputation that incident had earned the younger Tybalt, if he was trying to make use of the marine’s well documented desire lack of civilian understanding... Well crap, the guy was still the damn president, so it wasn’t like Tybalt could really do much... but the veteran Andorian still had every intention of telling him where to stick his ‘secret damn mission’.

Of course if Tybalt had been that little bit more subtle, that little bit more of an intel officer rather than a Bootneck then he would have simply agreed and done the checking afterwards, hopefully ensuring that if this was as fishy as it was seeming then the guy on the screen wouldn’t be calling anyone else in lieu. But no Tybalt was what he was and that extra level of complexity simply didn’t occur when dealing with ‘friendlies’.

The smile on Carpathia’s face dimmed just a little bit. “Quite right Master Sergeant, Regulations must be followed. Book 19, Section 433, Paragraph 12 of Starfleet Regulations confers the ability of ranking Federation officials to give direct orders to Starfleet officers. I am sure that we both agree that I am a ranking Federation Official and you are a Starfleet officer. That is all the ranking that I am sure you will need for this mission. Oh and one more thing Master Sergeant, this is strictly off the books, you know, to save face with the others on the Redemption that might have had to go along with the scheming of the flag officers. Please execute your assignment with care for them.”

Before there was time to ask any more questions, the image of Carpathia faced to black and was gone.

No sooner had the image faded than Tybalt was fairly forcefully applying his forehead to the suddenly blackened surface, and cursing out some very heartfelt swearwords.

Plot and Carpathia supplied by Zethra Kaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Clarissa Loki on Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:20 am

*--------- As the last guard dropped in the Medical Bay, Allana stood up and looked around. Then she smiled at the former hostages that were pretty much gaping at her.

“This is not your scheduled time for your physical, Lieutenant JG Azure.” Stated Mack, the newly named EMH.

In all honesty, she should have paid less attention to the distractions around her and more on Cory's state of health. As her new friend began to fall backward and hit his head against the bulkhead, Sydney reacted as quickly her fractured skull and probable concussion would let her. Reaching out, Sydney grabbed him by the arm and using all of her strength to try and keep him standing. It was then that she came to the realization that she needed to spend more time in the Ship's gym, as the much heavier Lieutenant dragged her down with him.

Sydney fell to her knees under Cory's weight, all she could do was lower him the rest of the way to the floor. He hit the ground a little harder then she would have liked, but he was a lot heavier then he looked... Or she was a lot weaker than she realized. As she stood up, her back feeling like Cory had compressed a few vertebrae, Sydney threw Allana her dress that she had put in one of the over-sized jackets pockets.

"Try to keep this on please...", Sydney groaned to Allana mid throw.

*--------- Allana shrugged at the EMH who had attempted to make a human joke. It was pretty good... for a hologram. “Aw, but I’m already naked. Oh well. Maybe later.” By this time, Corey and Sydney were limping into the medical room, with Sydney being nice enough to bring Allana her dress. She quickly pulled it on and zipped it up before grabbing Corey’s other arm.

“If you’re done fiddling with your clothes, would you mind giving me a hand, he hit his head badly and I think he may have crushed this poor Ensign in the process.” Mack iterated.

*--------- Allana shook her head slightly as she helped ease Lt Foreman onto the nearest table. “You and you”, she said pointing at several of the crew members who were just standing up. The two she gestured to had gold colors on. “Grab the phasers and watch the door. I’m sure there are more teams out there. The rest of you get these bodies and drag them into the Dr. Office and lock it up.” Then she looked back at the EMH. “Mack is it? Well do your thing.”

She sat on the floor of the Sickbay as the Andorian and some of the medical staff lifted Cory onto a bio-bed. Allana was quick to take charge, posting guards outside the door, setting up somewhere to hold their freshly stunned 'prisoners', arming their personnel, everything she was suppose to do. Better Allana then Sydney, as Sydney was sure she'd screw up being a leader at some point.

"I don't know how long we can stay here Allana. I'm no expert on this, but isn't all weapons discharge on a starship instantly detected and reported by the internal sensors? So the security team holding the bridge probably know what we've done... And are coming to kill us", Sydney theorized, always the eternal pessimist.

The knock to the head was the last straw in his endurance and adrenaline. Everything was black around him. The voices that he recognized to be Allana’s and Sydney's in the background were slowly getting quieter and quieter. Then there was a surge as he felt something pick him up. He called out but to no avail. His words would not reach to them. Looking around he was surrounded by darkness. It enveloped him and chilled him to the bone. Amazingly he felt no pain at all. The sharp spikes in his nervous system were all but gone.

“Hello?” He asked as he looked around. Silence persisted, only the sound of his heart beating in the vessels in his ears was to be heard.

The EMH ignored the coming and going of the rag tag security attempts. It was not her immediate concern. The human male before her, whose heart rate was slowing more than she would like. Injecting a blocker into Lt. Foreman's neck was to ease the effects of the concussion and its inevitable headache later on. Running her Tricorder over her patient's head, she surmised that it wasn't as bad as it could have been. Giving him a beta blocker, she quickly sutured the wound closed. He was going to need rest, but that was a commodity they didn't have the luxury of using.

Holding out her hand, she asked for a cortical stimulant. "Time to wake up and continue saving the day, Foreman. The damsels saved your life, time to repay them." Looking over her shoulder, the Bridge may be compromised, check secure lines... maybe Engineering or the Science departments. They're keen and ingenious. I don't have time to tend to this patient and holo around the ship.

*--------- “Then how about we watch after Lt. Foreman here and Mack, you can holo to the Bridge and inform the CO that we have Sickbay secured for now and to not come down and kill us all. Think of it as being in your best interest. After all, if we are all dead or dying, it would just be more work for you.”

*--------- Allana didn’t know if the Mack would do it or not, but she turned to Sydney. “You don’t look so good. Maybe you should get checked out as well.”

"I’ll be okay", Sydney lied, she was feeling a bit dizzy and she had a splitting headache but she also knew that Cory was in a lot worse shape than she was with her little head wound. He had technically saved her from a security team single handedly, the least she could do was wait her turn to see an illusionary doctor if that's what was necessary. Though for a bunch of photons and force fields run by a computer program, the EMH was being awfully... Unhelpful. Not that such a thing a her problem, as long as she was safe and soon to receive Medical treatment, Sydney couldn't complain.

The EMH paused in her work as she calculated the risks in her built in algorithm. She moved to a console and applied hand to the panel, a hand interface system that no doubt the Chief Engineer may have had a hand in creating. After a momentary pause, she walked back to Foreman’s bio bed and stated, “The Bridge is not worried about us and we should not be concerned with them either.” She removed her hand and went back to Lt. Foreman’s side. “Engineering is contained. Contact your department head, Lieutenant JG Azure, after you move Ensign Curtis to a bio-bed to be checked out by a medic.”

Essentially dismissing the two women, the timer in the EMH’s mind was complete; the patient Foreman should have been awake, but was not. Running the Tricorder over his body, it did not compute. Nor had the fact that the EMH should have mentioned that the ship had gone to warp.

"I told you, don't worry about me", Sydney stated confidently as she used the Medical Diagnostic console to pull herself to her feet. Sturdy on her feet, however, she was not. She wasn't sure if it was one of the Medics or Allana or perhaps both, but she felt a pair of strong hands grab each arm and support her. The bio-bed felt so nice compared to the deck.

Sydney couldn't help but be a little bit concerned over the EMH. It may have been her imagination but if she didn't know any better, she would have sworn that the imaginary doctor was dodging over certain questions they asked.

"You know Allana, if we had the computer delete the EMH's personality & ethical sub-routines, it would become a mindless automaton that did and answered whatever we asked... But that's just my two cents", Sydney stated as the Medic passed a Tricorder over her head.

Foreman felt the darkness subside. Cracks of light appeared before him. Then streaks of it started to dart past him. It was as if he was being pulled into warp 9 in an instant. The sudden jerk brought him back but he wasn’t sure where. He didn’t know if he was dead or alive. Everything was a blur of white light. Bringing his hand up to shield his eyes from the stinging blur of white he blinked. As he blinked the blur began to focus more and more. What he was staring at was a spot light on a Federation starship. He looked to the left and right and there was a Sydney, Allana, a female with no rank on her collar in medical colors and the other crewmen that were held as captives. He was too tired to talk. So he just sat there knowing that he could enjoy the peace. The fight was over... for now.

*--------- Allana helped Sydney up onto the bio-bed, alternating her glances from Sydney, and the over to Cory who was still out on the table, and the up to the EMH who seemed rather “dodgy”. Still, it was just a computer program and one that could be adjusted. “Yeah”, she stated in response to Sydney’s last remark. I think she also needs to be bald and 200 pounds fatter. I’m sure that I could work something out in my spare time.” The comment was meant more as a joke, but Allana’s ire at the lack of information from a computer program was on the rise. So she decided to address it directly.

*---------”Mack, it just sounded like you gave me a direct order. From whose authority is that originating? If you were in contact with the Bridge, then what is the situation and why are these teams intruding on our ship?” Allana made a move over to the nearest console to activate it. As she did, one of the other former hostages walked by. Grabbing him by the uniform jacket, she pulled off his com-badge. “Thank you. I’ll return it soon.”

*--------- “Bridge this is Chief of Operations, Allana Azure. What is the situation here? What’s going on?”

The EMH looked at Azure and moved away from Lieutenant Foreman’s bio-bed and checked on Ensign Curtis’ diagnostic and picked up a hypospray. “Hold still, that bump on your noggin wasn’t too bad, just a minor concussion; this hypo will help as a minor sedative for that thumping you might hear.” Looking over at her shoulder at Chief Azure, “The situation on the Bridge has been cleared as I stated earlier, the threat has been minimized.” She returned her attention back to the Ensign. “Your neck and arms are going to be sore I’m sure. A few weeks of upper body toning with one of the Security teams might be worth looking into.”

They were still in warp when the com to the bridge came through. Dushall heard a enticing female voice designating herself as Azure, the Chief of Operations. “Azure this is the XO, Captain Dushall, we are in warp and the situation is under control. I suggest you make your way to the bridge. Security teams are sweeping the decks for stragglers of the enemy boarding party”

A long time coming; the rag tag group of heroes Azure, Foreman and Curtis and an EMH that's seriously in need of an attitude adjustment

Clarissa Loki
Chief Medical Officer
Chief Medical Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsey on Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:45 am

== USS Redemption ==
== Main Bridge ==

Kaine shrugged off the pain of the stun bolt. They had been set to the lowest level, but it still had bite to it. He quickly sent a message to his wife Lilly.

=^=Intruders on ship, most areas on lockdown. Get the holdout and wait in the room until I contact you. I love you!=^=

Then he turned his attention to the sensors and to Captain Dushall.

"Captain, it seems that we are not being followed, though our little stunt will probably be spread to the rest of the fleet by the end of the day. We will probably have the entirety of Starfleet hunting for us." He took a breath to assess the rest of the situation. "We still have Marines waiting for a pickup, but do we dare even pick them up? And where the hell is Admiral Wood?"

Kaine shook his head. "There are so many questions and not enough answers. What are your orders, Captain?"

[tag dushall]
Ramsey
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post  Dushall on Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:06 pm

"Captain, it seems that we are not being followed, though our little stunt will probably be spread to the rest of the fleet by the end of the day. We will probably have the entirety of Starfleet hunting for us." He took a breath to assess the rest of the situation. "We still have Marines waiting for a pickup, but do we dare even pick them up? And where the hell is Admiral Wood?"

Kaine shook his head. "There are so many questions and not enough answers. What are your orders, Captain?"

Dushall had gotten up from the chair and walked over to the 2nd Officers position. "The Marines were ordered to meet us at the maximum extent that their runabouts and supply's would last them. We have to pick them up unless we want to be responsible for their deaths." He thought about the other questions that were posed by the Lt. Colonel. "Admiral Wood must have seen this coming. That's why he personally selected all officers and crewmen on the new Redemption. He had never trusted Carpathia and confided in me that he suspected Carpathia of having a secret agenda. What we just went through and the lack of Admiral Wood on this bridge proves to me his suspicions were true."

A voice over Dushall's comm badge interrupted them. =^= Ensign Grundy to Captain Dushall.=^=

=^= Go ahead Grundy.=^= Dushall said after he tapped his badge on his chest.

=^= We accessed and searched the Admirals quarters. He is not here. But we did find his comm badge attached to a tricorder.=^= The young male voice spoke with a clearly eastern European accent.

=^= Thank you Ensign, bring what you found to me.=^= Dushall turned to Kaine, "We need to find out what is so important on that tricorder that Carpathia would send Reynolds to attack us." Dushall pulled up his PADD and accessed the crew roster. "Not everyone was able to check in by the time of the attack. Looks like we are missing our Chief of Science and 20% of the crew assigned to us." He took a deep breath in and out then looked back up to the 2nd Officer. "We need to assemble the Department Chiefs and let them know what we know so far."

<Tag Kaine>

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:20 am

| Tybalt
| Runabout Saragosa
| Somewhere out there...

Fighting that ongoing drowning feeling of being well out of his depth Tybalt turned to the others who couldn't have missed the dreadful direct order of the President, not failing to notice the mingled confusion and incomprehension on their faces. "Right" he said, calling their glazed attentions back into focus, "First things first" he said, "we need to confirm the call" he asserted, looking to the lad he knew to be the more senior of the coms trained, "Codes, authorisation and source" he clarified, "beyond any doubt!" he finished darkly.

"Next we need to get some sort of external verification" he said, looking to the others as he tried to figure some way to get that.

"I got a cousin on UP" one of the bootnecks piped up.

"Screw the coms blackout then" Tybalt said, nodding in appreciation of the idea, "get together with our commie mutant here" he urged, nodding a antennae topped head back to the coms tech, "and reroute it as much as possible" he said, "But get a call to them and find out the score" he said, "First hand" he added, "no hearsay. We will cover for you" he promised The officers wouldn't be pleased at the breach of orders, but as long as they hid it as a minor foolishness and not anything drastic they might well get away with it.. some; and the need was big enough for the risk.

"Next we need our own codes" he said to the room at large, "a seal under which all of this will be held" he explained, "anyone not using it doesn't get to know anything about that call" he said, jerking his thumb towards the now re-lit screen, "or about the executive order we're all now under."

"We're not boned unless we let ourselves be" he supplied to the now much grimmer faced room, "there is a chance this is all a poor trick or a big damn misunderstanding" he offered, his tone however already denying the likelihood of those get outs, "But the Federation has dealt with insurrections before" he reminded them, "bugs in the back of people's heads, Dominion Goopies all sorts of things that messed with our chains of command"

"We keep our heads, verify the right course" he told them, "and there is no reason to think there will be the civil war you're all thinking about"

"That said" he went on, "on the off chance they are planning to off us the moment we disembark, we're going to come up with a plan for arrival" he said, "that we can start the moment things go weird on us"

"If they go weird on us?" Reynolds cued.

"Yup if" Tybalt agreed, but just from the set of his jaw and the darkness in his eyes the young NCO could see that the older veteran wasn't about to lay any bet against everything going to heck the moment they stepped aboard their new home.

An impression underlined as he swung his carbine about on its sling and checked the load, promting every other unoccupied marine in the compartment to do the same

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsey on Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:15 pm

We need to find out what is so important on that tricorder that Carpathia would send Reynolds to attack us." Dushall pulled up his PADD and accessed the crew roster. "Not everyone was able to check in by the time of the attack. It looks like we are missing our Chief of Science and 20% of the crew assigned to us. We need to assemble the Department Chiefs and let them know what we know so far."

”I’ll get right on that sir. Helm, plot a course for 286 by 47 by 13 and engage for Maximum Warp.” Nodding a salute to Dushall, he returned to the now empty conference room at the aft of the bridge. Entering it, he brought up the main console. Plotting the course he has just given and the speed, he was able to determine that they would pick up the Marines in just under 3 hours. That gave them enough time to check the ship, reassemble the crew and get a handle as to what was on that tricorder that was so important. Pushing a button, he sent a ship wide communiqué.

=^= This is Lt. Colonel Zethra Kaine, acting Executive Officer. All Department heads are to check their assigned areas and make a list of personnel that made it onboard. Department Meeting in 1 hour. That is all. =^=

Shutting the comm down, he began to go over the events as they had happened. He dismissed the notion that Admiral Wood had been on the Redemption at all. The computer would have been no help as it read that he was in his quarters the entire time. So he’d have to work backwards to the last time that someone actually saw the Admiral. Then he would need to work his way up until the time that the tricorder was beamed to his room. In the interval between the two events, that would be the closest they would get to finding out what happened to their CO.

Rubbing his eyes and stretching his shoulders, he began the tedious process…

== 1 hour later ==
==Main Conference Room ==

As the department heads came in, Zethra stood up and stretched, feeling his muscles and tendons popping. He twisted at the waist, helping to alleviate the tightness in his torso and back. Then he took his seat just to the right of the CO’s chair.

Ramsey
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:55 am

== 30 Minutes before Meeting ==
== Stellar Cartography ==

The room was unusually packed as everyone hustled through the door and occupied what free space was available. By the time that Sydney had reached the colossal room there were very few places left to stand. It made her glad that she had decided to take a sonic-shower and change into her uniform, especially with how packed in they all were. With a sigh, Sydney stopped at the first opening and making herself at home against one of the shut down consoles near the front. In front of everyone were two red shirts whispering to each other while they studied a PADD. They would perk up each time another member of the science department entered the doors, only to return to waiting after doing a head count.

It didn't seem like much longer before the sound of clapping hands snapped the rooms attention onto the two red shirts. Handing the PADD to his comrade, the taller of the two stepped onto the Observation platform and raised it a few feet off the ground, giving everyone clear sight of him.

"Okay, okay, settle down people. Right, thanks for gathering on such short notice after such stressful circumstances. Some of you know me but for those that don't, I'm Yeoman Kirkwood and this is my collegue Yeoman Bates", Kirkwood introduced, sweeping his arm to gesture to Bates, "... To get started, we have a problem. Due to everything that's happened we're down on several personnel. While me, Bates and the other Yeoman's have been doing our best to find personnel to fill key roles, we are stuck with a problem. At present, there isn't a Chief Science Officer for the Science Department and a senior staff meeting is due in half an hour".

"Due to the... Err... Unique variation of the departments skill set, and unfortunate lack of command training courses on many of your records we're coming up short on finding a replacement within the crew, mainly due to the officer shortages in the Department itself. While we're exploring options for recruiting a Chief outside of the department to present to Colonel Kaine, we're in need of a division representivitive at the meeting immediately. Representing the department won't assure you the Head position but it will allow face time with the Captain... So... Any volunteers?", Kirkwood asked optimistically as he rubbed his hands together.

The crowd suddenly broke into whispering as each person was no doubt weighing their options. Not to mention, there was their current circumstances to take into account, right? It was tempting to put her hand up, she could hear the whispering getting more and more excitable, if she didn't act fast would she miss her opportunity? One meeting of listening and giving scientific advice. Sydney had no doubt she was at least qualified enough to do that much.

"Yeah, I'll do it", Sydney finally said, raising her hand quickly to make sure.

"Excellent!", Kirkwood said estatically, "Ensign...?"

"Curtis. Sydney Curtis", Sydney answered, with a mock British accent.

Kirkwood turned to Bates to see if he'd gotten that, which Bates let him know with a nod. Lowering the platform, Kirkwood pushed his way through the crowd with Bates in close tow. They both stopped in front of Sydney, "Perfect Ensign Curtis. There's a few reports and data PADD's that you might need in the meeting. Bate's and I have already complied and uploaded them onto PADD's, come with us and we'll get you them... And give you a quick crash course on Senior Staff Meeting protocols...", Kirkwood explained, trailing off as Sydney followed them out of Stellar Cartography...

== 30 Minutes Later ==
== Main Conference Room ==

The doors to the Conference room opened with their usual grace as the much less graceful Sydney half stumbled in, carrying a decent stack of eight different PADD's. Sydney blushed a little when she saw that Colonel Kaine was already waiting for her. She'd only had half an hour to prepare but she did manage to quickly browse the senior staff files, even if it was only so she knew everyones name so she didn't look like a COMPLETE novice.

"Oh... Um... I'm sorry, I thought I was going to be early, didn't expect anyone to be here", Sydney said as she brushed a bang of her red hair out of her face and behind her ear.

Clearing her throat, Sydney took a seat around the table and placed her stack of PADD's in front of her. She quickly wiped her hands off on her uniform before extending her hand across the table, offering it to Kaine.

"I'm sorry, I'm being rude, I didn't introduce myself. I'm Ensign Sydney Curtis, I volunteered to represent the Science department for this meeting", Sydney explained to Kaine...

<Tag Kaine or Anyone>

Back to top Go down

Post  Allana on Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:30 pm

*--------- Allana walked through the door. Actually, she stalked through the door. She had actually changed out of her LBD and into her uniform. Now, she entered, pulling down her jacket, trying to straighten it out. In the room, there were already 2 people there. She recognized Sydney from their “Assault on Medbay 2”, as she was going to remember it. They must have been in the process of greeting each other. Her eyebrow raised at seeing Sydney here. Either she had received a promotion very recently… or the Science Department was sorely lacking in people. Or she have picked the short straw.

*--------- Allana took a chair next to Sydney, with Kaine on her other side. “Hey, I’m Lt JG Allana Azure, head of Operations. Sydney, it is good to see you again.”

*--------- Allana took a look at the Lt. Colonel. He was good looking, but the look on his face revealed the stress he must be feeling. During the last 30 minutes, most of the crew had either heard or figured out what had happened. The Redemption had been invaded and those invaders had left in some of the escape pods and then the Redemption had booked it out of Mars. They were severely short on staff and probably one the run. The Admiral wasn’t here which was another concern.

*--------- Still, the ship needs to keep running, thought Allana, checking over her PADD. So far her team was missing people. Mostly, shift 3 team members, but it forced her to rearrange the scheduling and to keep her team happy, or at least not angry, she would be working double shifts on the bridge until replacements were found. If we could just get a few Borg Drones, that would really help us out.

Allana
Chief Operations Officer
Chief Operations Officer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ramsey on Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:38 am

Kaine had just taken a seat when an Ensign in a Science uniform came stumbling into the conference room. Her face turned as red as her hair and Kaine smiled.

"Oh... Um... I'm sorry, I thought I was going to be early, didn't expect anyone to be here."

"That's okay, I'm just setting up too. Going over last minute information. Have a seat. The others will be here in a few minutes", said Kaine.

The Ensign walked around to the other side of the table and set her stacks of PADDs down. "I'm sorry, I'm being rude, I didn't introduce myself. I'm Ensign Sydney Curtis, I volunteered to represent the Science department for this meeting."

"Nice to meet you Ensign Curtis. I'm Zethra Kaine. I'm the Marine CO and with what has happened I guess I "volunteered" for Executive Officer as well."

About that time another officer entered the room. She was wearing the uniform of command or operations and the fact that she was Andorian meant that she was the Chief of Operations. Kaine had seen her file.

“Hey, I’m Lt JG Allana Azure, head of Operations. Sydney, it is good to see you again.”

It was clear that Allana and Sydney knew each other. The voice sounded familiar and then he remember the call from Sickbay. He smiled at the new officer.

“You’re the one who walked naked into the Sickbay and took down some of the intruders.” By now Kaine had heard the report. It was filed by both the EMH and several of the hostages. He could see now, what they meant. “I’ll have to log that as a future tactic for the marines… thought I do not think that they will be happy with it. I’m Zethra Kaine. The others will be here soon.”

Looking at the time, he saw that it was just a few minutes until the meeting would begin. They were still waiting on the Chief Medical Officer, the Chief Engineering Officer, and Dushall. Reports were coming in that many of the departments were severely understaffed.

And, he thought, we still need to pick up those marines.”
Ramsey
Admiral
Admiral

Back to top Go down

Post  Dushall on Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:27 am

Dushall briskly walked into the conference room. Before him were several officers that he only knew from the stack of Service Records on his desk. He had spent what little time he had with Loki and Gracie while his mind was off in the stars assessing the situation that they were in. What was there that he could do as a father, husband, and a Ships Commanding Officer to keep safe all those that trusted him. The weight of Command pushed him down.

Sure he was used to being in charge and running missions, but this was different. It was a heavy feeling, as if he was Atlas cursed to carry the world upon his shoulders. All eyes were too him and it was a fine line that he was treading. He knew Admiral Wood's character, he trusted the Admiral with his life and his families. Treason had already be carried out when he ordered the Redemption to bust out of the space dock. What happens from here on out will determine how many will hang with him if they fail.

He placed his hand on Kaine's shoulder and gave him a small grin. Kaine was a good man and he knew that he could count on his support and on his interesting way of thinking. He would make a fine Executive Officer. His eyes drifted around and saw the others gathered. LT. Azure, Head of Operations. Ensign Curtis, self-volunteered and democratically elected Head of Science by her peers. Each and every one of those present had proven themselves in the past 12 hours.

His gaze became solem as he stepped behind the Admirals chair and stared at it. His hands placed on the top of the back. Although this was a new ship he had spent many years in a room like this with the Admiral sitting in the Commanders chair. Decisions were made that would put lives at risk, decisions that had major impacts on the security of the Alpha Quadrant and maybe even the Galaxy. He would not be sitting in it anytime soon.

“Good Afternoon,” he spoke up as he eyed those in front of him. “I guess the Chief Engineer is too busy with the repairs to make it to the meeting but he was able to forward me his latest damage report. The Head of Security is MIA and the Next in line for that position is half alive in sickbay right now.” Leaning forward he depressed a button on the table and a holographic image of the Redemption appeared in the middle. It showed in color coded scales the damage done to the exterior hull of the ship. Buttons in front of every chair could manipulate the image to show other aspects of the ship. They could highlight damage in even the smallest circuitry. “Before I say what I need to say I want to know what the status is in each of your departments.” He looked them in the eyes and crossed his arms. “So, who wants to go first?”

Captain Eric Dushall
CO, USS Redemption

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top